Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion thread II - Covid-19 (new coronavirus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selon le Dr Tomer Hertz, chercheur en vaccins ? l’Universit? Ben Gourion et ? l’Institut national de biotechnologie du N?guev: La soci?t? pharmaceutique Johnson & Johnson en parle depuis au moins un an.

Article original sur Infos-israel.news : https://infos-israel.news/des-centai...e-coronavirus/

Il faut penser quoi de ce genre de texte ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeye View Post
      Exclusive: Millions to be told 'stay at home' if coronavirus continues to spread

Health officials expected to order anyone with the sniffles to 'self-isolate' at home if the virus is not contained

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...tinues-spread/
      Confirmation from the Sun; https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/109731...rus-spread-uk/

Under Britain's Pandemic Influenza Response Plan, protocols are set for ensuring the isolation and treatment of patients for "the first few 100 cases" in order to gather detailed information about a new virus.

But a new attempt to control the virus' spread may be implemented after a series of high-level meetings between health officials.

Senior managers have been told that the NHS could stop testing patients once around 100 cases have been confirmed across the country if there is evidence of "sustained community transmission" within the UK, The Sunday Telegraph reports.

These are cases not linked to any known or previously identified cases.
      If we know that Singapore and Japan have already acknowledged that the virus is spreading in the community without being able to be tracked and we know that the UK is going to stop tracking contacts and just dealing with the cases that present themselves "as they present" , once the numbers get into the hundreds, then should we be focusing more on providing information on personal care and support of individuals who are ill and being cared for at home?
      "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwibird View Post

Confirmation from the Sun; https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/109731...rus-spread-uk/

If we know that Singapore and Japan have already acknowledged that the virus is spreading in the community without being able to be tracked and we know that the UK is going to stop tracking contacts and just dealing with the cases that present themselves "as they present" , once the numbers get into the hundreds, then should we be focusing more on providing information on personal care and support of individuals who are ill and being cared for at home?

Will there not even be triage tents?
        I’m not sure what happens when you contact them but they certainly don’t want you to come into the building if you think you are infected. I wonder if there will be legal action applied to those who do enter?

If the spread is severe they will need a lot of people answering those phone lines.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kitbradsh...79521525780486

Comment

• NIH's Fauci: New Coronavirus On 'Verge' Of Pandemic If Not Contained

By Cathy Burke | Sunday, 16 February 2020 12:20 PM
          • A National Institute of Health official warned Sunday the fast-moving spread of a new coronavirus is on the “verge” of a pandemic unless containment isn’t successful.

In an interview on CBS News’ “Face The Nation,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at NIH, said currently 24 countries have over 500 cases of COVID-19.
          “Technically speaking, the WHO wouldn't be calling this a global pandemic, but it certainly is on the verge of that happening reasonably soon unless containment is more successful than it is right now,” he said.

According to Fauci, it would be helpful for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to be in China.

“The reason is because first of all, our CDC are the best epidemiologists in the world,” he said. “They can be helpful to the Chinese as well as get information firsthand, eyes, ears and boots on the ground. So it really is to be helpful as part of the WHO group...https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/co.../16/id/954315/
          CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

• This is so sad to read.

Hubei film studio Chang Kai's family dies with new crown pneumonia

Directube Today
            Chang Kai, director of the Hubei Film Studio and director of the film and television department, died of new crown pneumonia on February 14, his father died on January 27, and his mother died on February 2. Chang Kai's sister and Chang Kai He died on the same day on the 14th. Four of Chang Kai's family died unfortunately within 17 days.From the last words left by Chang Kai, it can be found that his father was unable to obtain a hospital bed after being sick in Wuhan, and was forced to go home to help himself, which led to a family infection of pneumonia.

The last words left by Chang Kai during his lifetime:

New Year's Eve, in compliance with the decree, withdraw from the New Year's Eve Banquet of the luxury hotel. I took charge of the difficult task myself, my parents Gaotang and the insiders gathered together, and it was fun.

As everyone knows, the nightmare is coming. On the first day of New Year's Day, the old man had a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. He was taken to many hospitals for treatment.

Disappointed, he went home to save himself, filial piety in bed, a few days, lack of skills, his father hated to let go, under multiple blows, the mother was physically and mentally exhausted, her immunity was lost, and she was severely infected.

Serving my parents for several days in bed, the ruthless coronavirus also devoured my wife and my body. I went to various hospitals and begged to cry. How could it be that the fables were light, and the beds were hard to find, until the disease became extinct, missed the opportunity for healing, and the breath was advertised by relatives and friends and far away in England and my son: I will be filial for my son and my father. , Beloved by his wife, and sincere!

farewell! The person I love and the person who loves me.

Chang Kai 's classmates from the same room also posted a long text mourning

Forward my old colleague's post, crying without tears:Yesterday, Chang Kai (born in 1964) of Hubei Film Studio died of new crown pneumonia. Today, when he saw the eulogy written by his classmates, he was very embarrassed and terrible. From the eulogy, it is not difficult to see the severity of the epidemic. You can also see the current situation of the affected population in Wuhan during the epidemic. My head was groggy all night, and it was hard to sleep over and over. Perhaps the thunder and lightning of last night was to block your way to heaven? Today's howling wind and rain is to remind you to wear more clothes with the cold. Your path to heaven is even colder ...On the first day of the new year, we called each other and worshiped the Chinese New Year. I did n’t expect your old father to leave on the third day, and your old mother on the ninth day. Then you left early in the morning of Valentine ’s Day, and your afternoon Sister goes with you again!On the 17th day only, your family of four suffered the disaster of extinction, and the wronged souls floated above the haze-covered Wuhan sky. Such a tragedy on the earth is heartbreaking and crumbled, leaving Cangtian speechless to answer!Watching your parents go away from you for a week, but you can't send your parents the last trip, I can't imagine your sadness and desolation at the time. At this time, you know that you, your wife, and your elder sister who went home to celebrate the New Year are infected with Shen Ke. The unprecedented closure of the city has left you with nowhere to ask for help, and the cruel patient waits for you to stay in isolation at home and wait. Hospital bed.You understand that this calamity is inevitable, and with your remorse for this world, you leave the last paragraph of this world:On New Year's Eve, follow the decree and cancel the New Year's Eve Banquet of the luxury hotel. I took charge of the difficult task myself, my parents Gaotang and the insiders gathered together, and it was fun.As everyone knows, the nightmare is coming. On the first day of New Year's Day, the old man had a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. He was taken to many hospitals for treatment. Disappointed, he went home to save himself, filial piety in bed, a few days, lack of skills, his father hated to let go, under multiple blows, the mother was physically and mentally exhausted, her immunity was lost, and she was severely infected.Serving my parents for several days in bed, the ruthless coronavirus also devoured my wife and my body. I went to various hospitals and begged to cry. How could it be that the fables were light, and the beds were hard to find, until the disease became extinct, missed the opportunity for healing, and the breath was advertised by relatives and friends and far away in England and my son: I will be filial for my son and my father. , Beloved by his wife, and sincere! farewell! The person I love and the person who loves me.sorrow! Misery! Heart is like a knife cut! Beyond words!The bits and pieces of the past thirty years are as blurry and clear as fragments, more like the scenes of a movie.In the early morning of that year, we rode bicycles to Zhonghua Road Pier and crossed the river at the same time at the same time. As soon as we landed, we always came for a cross-country race. cut.After graduation, as long as we gather, we will mention our cross-country races, as well as the hot and dry noodles in the breakfast shop under the archway of Wuhan University, as well as soy milk and noodle nests.After that, when we occasionally get together, we can never leave the bits and pieces of that life in that topic.Later when you were together, you always touched the thinning hair on your head and asked me what can I do to make myself full of blue hair? In fact, we understand each other that we are all middle-aged, and people of this age have begun to like memories, tend to lament, and their eyes have become shallower. Nothing else, just think that memories in the past can make up for a bit of loss and find a bit of happiness , Feel honored for each other's fate.You left in a hurry, and it was a surprise. All day long, in my dim eyes, I saw you clearly in front of me, while riding my bicycle quickly, shouting my name, your long hair flowing in the wind in the backlight is such a youthful hormone, that The crisp ringing of a bicycle and your shouting sound is so clear and lingering in my confused brain ...Brothers go all the way! Just as your parents still need your children in heaven, just as your sister and brother are too filial to bear your parents alone ...The mountains are lying on the grave, the long song is the crying sacrifice brother.I will always remember your name:My upper brother--Chang Kai!Mountains and rivers are exotic, and the same day is the same as the wind and the moon. The next life is still a classmate, or a brother!"It can be seen that disasters are all around, and death is not far away. Those who are trembling for fear of being sealed, your silence is vulgar! "- documentary filmmaker Wang Jiuliang on Chang Kai died comment

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/bn6tvjdA3...8YOv-WZ6F72KtM

Comment

• This link from google search goes nowhere and I can not find this paper on researchgate. It is not there anymore. I am a member of researchgate and still can't find it.

According to news reports these scientists say that the current COVID-19 came from a lab.

"The true cause of how the coronavirus spread has been revealed by Chinese scientists who have broken cover and said the oubreak started in a science laboratory in Wuhan yards away from a wet market." link

The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus | Request PDF
              https://www.researchgate.net › publication › 339070128_The_possible_origi...
              Botao Xiao at South China University of Technology. Botao Xiao ? 21.93 ? South China University of Technology ? Lei Xiao. Abstract. The 2019-nCoV has caused ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	researchgatepagegone.PNG Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	829762

Comment

• Please see our thread here:

Discussion: Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in Wuhan has been working with bats and coronavirus for many years - DNA manipulations, cloning....

Comment

• Critiquer les seuls qui ont fait un boulot ?clairant c'est ridicule. La situation me semble autre. Le syst?me m?dical local est d?pass?, mais c'est normal avec un petit truc de ce type .

En tout, ce sont 10 000 m?decins, infirmiers et aides-soignants qui ont rejoint Wuhan depuis le d?but du coronavirus, dont 3 000, en 48h.

Selon les derniers chiffres, sur les plus de 66 000 cas de contamination, 1716 concernent le personnel m?dical, dont six d?c?s.
                Des chiffres annonc?s pour la premi?re fois le 14 f?vrier par la commission nationale de la sant? qui alerte : il y a urgence. Alors une partie du personnel soignant d'un h?pital de Wuhan a choisi de se raser les cheveux pour ?viter de transporter le virus. Ailleurs en Chine, les usines tournent ? plein r?gime pour fabriquer des ?quipements de protection. Mais pas encore assez pour garantir la s?curit? des m?decins

Au passage comme un h?pital normal ne sait pas prot?ger son personnel et ses patients, comment a-t-on pu penser que sur un bateau on saurait faire?

Comme j'aime ?tre positif, je suis surpris de l'absence de textes sur le r?le du microbiome et des fa?ons de le prot?ger ou aider dans une telle situation?

Comment

• Comment

• I also want to state again - PLEASE ONLY TAKE A SMALL SNIP (2 or 3 sentences) FROM ANY ORIGINAL LANGUAGE ARTICLE.

The quickest way to take us down is a copyright violation.

At this point I have asked several times. Now - if someone posts more than 2 or 3 sentences from an original language article I will have to assume it is deliberate. Those persons will lose their posting privileges without further warning.

Government announcements are ok to post because governments can not claim copyright. Mangled translations are ok because we have substantially changed the content. For this disease, research papers are ok because the scientific journal community has declared open access on all papers.

Comment

• "(Original title: Liu Liang, Pathologist: Hope to make pathological anatomy of patients with new coronary pneumonia as soon as possible) SNIP...
                      Professor Liu Liang of the Department of Forensic Medicine of Tongji Medical College told "Emergency Call" that a complete autopsy has not yet been carried out, and it is recommended that the pathological anatomy of new coronary pneumonia be performed as soon as possible. Professor Liu Liang said that pathological anatomy of patients with new coronary pneumonia can provide help for clinical treatment...." http://mychinanews.com/news/n/1/2418025
                      "The only security we have is our ability to adapt."

Comment

• Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post
                        I also want to state again - PLEASE ONLY TAKE A SMALL SNIP (2 or 3 sentences) FROM ANY ORIGINAL LANGUAGE ARTICLE.

The quickest way to take us down is a copyright violation.

At this point I have asked several times. Now - if someone posts more than 2 or 3 sentences from an original language article I will have to assume it is deliberate. Those persons will lose their posting privileges without further warning.

Government announcements are ok to post because governments can not claim copyright. Mangled translations are ok because we have substantially changed the content. For this disease, research papers are ok because the scientific journal community has declared open access on all papers.
                        what's an original language article ? As I understand it almost everyone here would be banned soon without further warning.
                        Is there some searchengine that lets me search only "allowed" content ?
                        Also pages without cookies and legalese ? The internet how it was in the good old times
                        google translated articles are OK ? what about translated English-German and back to English
                        some news-sources should be ok (?) USA-today or such
                        Can't copyright material be marked and deleted automatically

when I quote a scientist from a newspaper, his exact words belong to the newspaper ?
                        So, even he himself is not allowed to repeat it
                        I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
                        my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

• Western countries are being very tight lipped. This is France and there are claims that the US is also keeping quiet on cases.

Loire: suspected new case of coronavirus

We also contacted the management of the CHU du Saint-Etienne, which was to communicate on the subject at the end of the day, before changing its mind on the orders of the ARS, which reports to the Ministry of Health. Contacted also, this ministry, which had already taken note of the article of Progress, regrets that such information could have leaked in the health services. " No communication will be made until there is a confirmed case " informs the ministry.

Comment

• Avoid crowds over virus, Japan health minister warns AFPFebruary 16, 2020, 8:47 AM EST

Japan's health minister on Sunday urged the public to avoid crowds and "non-essential gatherings", including notoriously packed commuter trains, to prevent the new coronavirus from spreading in the country.

Katsunobu Kato warned the nation was "entering a new phase" in the outbreak of the virus, which has infected nearly 60 people in Japan so far.

https://news.yahoo.com/avoid-crowds-over-virus-japan-health-minister-warns-134748040.html

Comment

• February 16, 2020 3:51 pm Coronavirus quarantine relocating to Camp Roberts

SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, Calif. - Monterey County Supervisor Chris Lopez announced that there will be a group of individuals returning to the United States from China who are exhibiting symptoms of the coronavirus...https://keyt.com/health/2020/02/16/c...-camp-roberts/
                              CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

• sharon sanders
                                sharon sanders commented
                                Editing a comment
                                The word "will" now reads "may". "SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, Calif. - Monterey County Supervisor Chris Lopez announced that there may be a group of individuals returning to the United States from China who are exhibiting symptoms of the coronavirus."
                            Working...
                            X