Re: Fatalities: total 229
Re: Fatalities: total 229
Source:
http://www.jcnet.com.br/editorias/detalhe_regional.php?codigo=163238
11/08/2009
Paulista Mar?lia sheets and patients are killed by swine flu
Lilian Grasiela
Mar?lia - The Epidemiological Surveillance Department of Health of Mar?lia (100 km from Bauru) received the confirmation of the first death in the city caused by influenza A (H1N1), the so-called swine flu. The victim is a retiree of 52 years, resident of the district of Ros?lia. In Jau, a child of four years, resident of sheets Paulista (43 km from Bauru), died on Sunday night in the Hospital Amaral Carvalho, also because of influenza A. The victim had leukemia and was in medical treatment.
Mar?lia in the fatal victim began to show symptoms of the disease in late July, when sought care at the health of Ros?lia. On 30, he was sent to the Hospital das Clinicas (HC) of the city, where he was hospitalized and is now treated with antiviral medicine. Three days later, on August 2, he ended up dying. The victim was suffering from cardiac and chronic hypothyroidism. The confirmation of death by swine flu came on Friday.
According to the coordinator of the Center for Information, Education and Communication from the Municipal Health Secretariat of Mar?lia, C?lia Ribeiro, until late afternoon yesterday, the city waited 24 results of tests collected from persons suspected of having been contaminated by the virus H1N1. From the day on June 8, 83 suspected cases were reported in the city. Of these, 20 were negative, seven were confirmed and one died. Other 32 people were referred to treatment, but no collection of material for examination.
In Len??is Paulista, according to the municipal health director, Marcio Santos, four children, died on Sunday night and had treatment for leukemia at the Hospital Amaral Carvalho de Jau. The victim began to show symptoms of the disease and took samples of blood taken at the request of the health unit at the beginning of last week.
On Saturday, according to the director, there was confirmation of contamination by the virus of influenza A. Despite the start of treatment with antiviral medicine, because of his poor health, the child did not resist and death occurred on Sunday. The city says you can not say how the victim was infected by H1N1 virus, has not traveled to areas of risk or had contact with contaminated people.
Santar?m also informed that a woman of 25 years in the third trimester of pregnancy, which was being monitored, has left the period of observation. The result of the examination of swine influenza was negative. He says the council is monitoring two suspected cases of influenza A, a man of 42 years, which is in isolation at home, and a pregnant 28 years in the third trimester of pregnancy, who was hospitalized at the Hospital Nossa Senhora da Piedade, but has high. The result of the examination of the pregnant woman was positive for the H1N1 virus.
In Bariri (56 km from Bauru) was confirmed yesterday the second case of swine flu in the city. The victim is a man of 23 years, which is home treatment. The first positive case was a doctor of Itapua, who works in the municipal network of health and medical Bariri of work. After being hospitalized in the local and the Santa Casa Hospital Estadual de Bauru, he was discharged to complete treatment at home.
Second newsletter published by the mayor, the Clinic for the Prevention of Swine Influenza attended during yesterday eleven people, nine returns and the first two consultations. Of these cases, five are being monitored and six were discharged. There was no collection of secretions for exams and not hospitalizations. A man of 82 years with symptoms of the disease, is hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Santa Casa.
At the end of the week, according to the report, seven patients who were hospitalized, with a child under two years, a pregnant 22 years, three women and two men between 27 and 82 years, were discharged. The pregnancy, which is the sixth month of pregnancy and post in hospital awaiting the region, signed a statement of responsibility and flee the place, without taking the medication needed. The Santa Casa recorded police reports (BO) to the patient.
In Itapua (44 km from Bauru), where the Institute Adolfo Lutz confirmed three cases of Influenza A two weeks ago, the results of three tests of people with suspected disease were negative, according to C?sar Augusto Thomaz, improvement of the monitoring officer of health the municipality.
In Botucatu, according to the Press office of the Hospital das Clinicas (HC) of Unesp, until late afternoon yesterday, seven people were hospitalized in the unit with suspected influenza A. In all cases, blood samples were collected for laboratory tests. Received the results yesterday of the Institute Adolfo Lutz, there was confirmation of only one case of swine flu. The unit reported that the patient has high health, but did not provide details.
Since the onset of the disease, the hospital has reported four new confirmed cases of flu and two deaths. A man of 28 years died on July 10 after being hospitalized six days in hospital. Another case who died was a woman of 46 years, resident of Itai, who died on July 23.