Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion thread IV - COVID-19 (new coronavirus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharon sanders
    replied
    A new discussion thread has been created here:

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...ew-coronavirus

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    commented on 's reply
    There would have been a cluster among people attending the games.

• bertrand789
    replied
    Today, 03:06 AM
    I wonder whether these "chronic" positives could be how it started. Some asymptomatic chronic researcher

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    FluTrackers.com
    @FluTrackers
    ?
    4m
    New York state: 66% of new COVID-19 admissions are people who stayed home.

Be careful shopping, with co-habitants, plumbing in buildings, elevators, door handles, etc. https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/-2019-ncov-new-coronavirus/united-states-2019-ncov/new-york-covid-19/857908-new-york-state-66-of-new-covid-19-admissions-are-people-who-stayed-home-be-careful-shopping-with-co-habitants-plumbing-in-buildings…

Remember when we said only you can protect you?

Yes - that. #coronavirus

-----------------------------------------------------------

FluTrackers.com
    @FluTrackers
    ?
    1m
    Ok...everyone...remember at the beginning of this when we said only you can protect you? That govs can only be so effective...

This is true more than ever.

You need to be careful in your daily life. The govs are opening up.

It is all up to you now.

We are with you.
    Last edited by sharon sanders; May 6, 2020, 09:42 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• gsgs
    replied
    retrovirus copies itself into human DNA . Our DNA consists of ~8% of useless old HERV

Leave a comment:

• gsgs
    replied
    I wonder whether these "chronic" positives could be how it started. Some asymptomatic chronic researcher

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied

FluTrackers.com
    @FluTrackers
    ?
    1h
    About all studies on COVID-19 treatments: Approach all treatments w/ caution. We are still early in this disease. A lot of things are being investigated.

Do not take medical advice from internet.

Read all you can. Use at least 2 sources.

Use your common sense.

#coronavirus

----------------------------------

FluTrackers.com
    @FluTrackers
    Back for today. Hoping will do better on typos.

I am recognizing a lot of your names when you RT or make a comments.

Thank you so much for following!

On masks. I know everyone has rights. No gov should tell people what to wear. But in this case...think about choosing to do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

FluTrackers.com
    @FluTrackers
    ?
    5m
    Ok....you already know to be careful when you handle raw meat.

Also - ALWAYS THOROUGHLY COOK YOUR MEAT - beef, chicken, pork, etc.

ALWAYS. (but you already know this).

CDC food safety page:

Follow these food safety tips to help protect you and your loved ones from food poisoning.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    N.M. couple test positive five times for COVID-19 but show no symptoms They remain quarantined for 50 days and counting

https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...ng-for-49-days
    A special case of COVID-19 with long duration of viral shedding for 49 days
    Case 1 may tend to be a chronic infected case without infusion treatment, the virus and the host may even form a symbiotic relationship. We wondered how many patients involved in this situation. One important question is whether and how long this kind of patients keeps infective. The other important question is whether the “chronic infected patients” will infect through new route of transmission, such as sexual transmission. Moreover, due to the high mutation rate of retrovirus, we should keep close eyes on the status of this kind of patients and the infective ability.
    Retrovirus! That was no typo, that was a Freudian slip right out of someone's anxiety closet haunted by those HIV sequences.

AUTHOR AFFILIATIONS
    From the Department of Disease Control and Prevention (L.T., T.Y., Q.W.), Department of Infectious Disease (B.Z.) and Department of Transfusion (S.Z.) in General Hospital of Central Theater Command, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in Third Military Medical University (Army Medical University) (X.K., F.Y., H.M.) and Department of Laboratory in No. 967 Hospital of PLA (B.L.).
    Last edited by Emily; May 5, 2020, 04:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    commented on 's reply
    And we are all addicted to "wet labs."
    The University of Manitoba recognizes and supports the essential need for responsible animal research. Research is the foundation of all scientific progress, and animals are one of the basic foundations of that research. We are committed to maintaining high standards of animal care and use in animal-based research, teaching and testing, and the university is currently in full compliance with the Canadian Council on Animal Care, which has certified that the UM program is in accordance with the standards of Good Animal Practice.

• Emily
    commented on 's reply
    I don't like that, but note both locations are in southern China. Wuhan is northern China. Eating habits are different there. Some researchers believe in intermediates like a religion, on faith where no evidence exits.

• sharon sanders
    replied
    What appears to be a US government document obtained by the New York Times:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...ull.pdf#page=1

I have no idea if it is true but it appears legimate. Reader beware.

It shows US deaths projected to be at 3000+ daily by June 1.

Leave a comment:

• sharon sanders
    replied
    This is so ridiculous. Masks should not be any kind of political statement. I don't even know which side takes the position of what mask wearing???

I wear a mask if there is any chance I will come in contact with people. I don't understand what the problem is....people...please...please don't get wrapped up in the media crapola.

We need to come together. The politicians and media who are constantly fueling the differences in this country should be fired. We can only get rid of this virus by all working together.

Masks Become a Flash Point in the Virus Culture Wars

As people resume going out in public in the middle of a pandemic, to wear or not to wear a face mask has become a personal statement and sometimes a political one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/03/u...-protests.html

Leave a comment:

• bertrand789
    replied
    On fait comment quand l'on n'est ni chinois ni am?ricain: les uns sont addict aux armes , les autres sont addict aux march?s humides?

Pourtant, ils ont les uns et les autres des cot?s charmant , mais ensemble , cela fait cours de r?cr?ation, non ?

Leave a comment:

• Treyfish
    replied
    China’s ‘wet markets’ start selling bats, dogs again: Report

Bats are believed to be the primary source of the novel coronavirus

NEW DELHI , April 1, 2020 10:36 pm

Despite concerns that “wet markets” selling live animals like cats, dogs and bats helped spread the novel coronavirus, these markets have started reopening in several regions in China.

While bats are believed to be the primary source of the novel coronavirus, researchers believe that an intermediate host might have carried it to humans.
    Markets in south-west China’s Guilin and southern China’s Dongguan are back in business where meats of domesticated animals like cats and dogs are sold, the Washington Examiner reported.

Following report that the wet markets might have contributed to the spread of the coronavirus, the Chinese government earlier banned the sale of wild animals.
    ...https://nenow.in/neighbour/china/chi...in-report.html

Leave a comment:

• bertrand789
    replied
    De m?moire, il a ?t? dit que les ?gouts du march? de Wuhan n'avaient pas ?t? nettoy?s depuis des si?cles .

Je me demande quelle peut ?tre la faune de ce type de lieux , entre la faune normale , et la faune qui s'est ?chapp?e des lieux de r?tention ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X