Treyfish
Moderator
:magnify:WHO “I haven't seen any corona in North Korea… Support material is in Dandong ”
Reporter Ji Da-gyeom
2020.4.23 1:15 am
The World Health Organization says it has repeatedly received reports from the North Korean authorities that there are no new coronavirus confirmed. He also said that he is supporting products related to coronavirus response, and will continue to cooperate with North Korean authorities to bring supplies to Dandong.
Reporter Ji Dagyeom reports.
North Korean authorities have reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) that the new coronavirus was screened for a total of 740 people by the 17th of this month, of which no one was infected.
In an e-mail addressed to the VOA on Tuesday, the World Health Organization's Edwin Salvador, Pyongyang office, said in a newsletter shared by the North Korean Ministry of Health every week about the coronavirus situation and response.
North Korea said in this newsletter that as of April 17, 212 North Koreans were in quarantine, and since December 31, a total of 2,139 foreigners, including foreigners, have been released from quarantine.
[Salvador Pyongyang Office Director] “As per the update received on 17 April, so far 740 people have been tested, all were negative for COVID-19. Currently 212 nationals are in quarantine. Since 31 December, 25,139 people have been released from quarantine. ”
Earlier today, ‘Reuters’ communication reported that 709 North Koreans and foreigners had been diagnosed with corona, and a total of 24,42 were quarantined.
In other words, only 31 people were tested for viruses in two weeks, and 297 were further quarantined....:tiphat:https://www.voakorea.com/coronavirus/who-dprk-korea
Reporter Ji Da-gyeom
2020.4.23 1:15 am
The World Health Organization says it has repeatedly received reports from the North Korean authorities that there are no new coronavirus confirmed. He also said that he is supporting products related to coronavirus response, and will continue to cooperate with North Korean authorities to bring supplies to Dandong.
Reporter Ji Dagyeom reports.
North Korean authorities have reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) that the new coronavirus was screened for a total of 740 people by the 17th of this month, of which no one was infected.
In an e-mail addressed to the VOA on Tuesday, the World Health Organization's Edwin Salvador, Pyongyang office, said in a newsletter shared by the North Korean Ministry of Health every week about the coronavirus situation and response.
North Korea said in this newsletter that as of April 17, 212 North Koreans were in quarantine, and since December 31, a total of 2,139 foreigners, including foreigners, have been released from quarantine.
[Salvador Pyongyang Office Director] “As per the update received on 17 April, so far 740 people have been tested, all were negative for COVID-19. Currently 212 nationals are in quarantine. Since 31 December, 25,139 people have been released from quarantine. ”
Earlier today, ‘Reuters’ communication reported that 709 North Koreans and foreigners had been diagnosed with corona, and a total of 24,42 were quarantined.
In other words, only 31 people were tested for viruses in two weeks, and 297 were further quarantined....:tiphat:https://www.voakorea.com/coronavirus/who-dprk-korea