Source:
https://www.dwnews.com/全球/60167572/武汉肺炎朝媒否认后朝鲜被传有5人已死
[Wuhan pneumonia] North Korea is reported to have 5 dead after North Korean media denies
global
Compose: Dongpo
2020-02-07 21:04:00
The outbreak of a new coronavirus pneumonia outbreak in Wuhan, China has spread to the world. Although North Korea has denied its own case, some media have claimed that 5 people have died from Wuhan pneumonia in North Korea.
Korean media's "Daily NK" website reported on February 7 that a number of sources in the Ping An Road said on the 7th that 5 people had died of fever in hospitals in Sinuiju and nearby areas. They speculated that these patients may be infected with a coronavirus.
The sources also said that North Korean authorities have ordered public health officials in Sinuiju to dispose of the bodies quickly and keep the death toll confidential.
The pneumonia epidemic in Wuhan is spreading globally, and North Korea is very occluded. It is difficult for the outside world to know its internal conditions accurately. According to some media reports, there have been multiple confirmed cases in North Korea. (AFP)
The new type of coronavirus originated in Wuhan, China together with New Year's Eve, and the situation is fierce, with more than 30,000 confirmed cases in China. (Reuters)
A source in Ping'an Province told the newspaper that at the end of January, one of the patients went to a hospital in Xinyizhou due to cold-like symptoms, and the doctor prescribed antipyretics and antibiotics. The patient's condition worsened and he died. Check the latest epidemic situation click [Wuhan pneumonia real-time development]
Several sources in the newspaper said that two days later, two patients at another hospital in Xinyizhou were given medication to treat their high fever, but eventually died. Two other patients reportedly died in early February in a hospital in Uiju-gun near Sinuiju.
It is reported that the World Health Organization (WHO) has not formally confirmed any cases of Wuhan Coronavirus infection in North Korea. However, the World Health Organization's infection case data is based on reports provided by the North Korean government, which means that the accuracy of the WHO data is limited.
This is not the first time that North Korea has been infected with Wuhou pneumonia. South Korea's "Free Korea Post" reported on February 6 that there had been confirmed cases in North Korea on February 3. So far, 7 people have been confirmed, including one A North Korean woman working in Shandong, China, as well as a staff member of the North Korean Consulate in Qingdao and his wife.
However, North Korean official media "Democratic North Korea" reiterated in a comment entitled "Further Strengthening the Role of Emergency Defense Commands at All Levels" on February 6 that North Korea has not had a confirmed case of infection with the new coronavirus.