Shiloh
Editor, Senior Moderator
72nd case confirmed: https://www.loopslu.com/content/two-recovered-one-new-case-covid-19-barbados-4
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
.Fourth consecutive day of zero cases of COVID-19 in Barbados
For the fourth consecutive day, the country has reported no positive cases of the novel coronavirus and Barbadians are being told, once again, not to become complacent. The warning ..
Following six days of no new cases, Barbadians have been shocked by the news of another COVID-related death.
The deceased COVID-positive patient is a 70-year-old nonnational.
Additionally, one new case was recorded today. The new COVID-positive patient is a 66-year-old woman.
.....Looking at the 76 cases recorded in Barbados to date, Dr George said "to my knowledge" only one case is "still under investigation". He reiterated that 60 per cent of the cases were imported and 40 per cent were locals who were traced to persons who have travelled.
Another employee of the National Assistance Board (NAB) has been confirmed positive for COVID-19.
This was the only positive case among 88 tests completed on Sunday by the Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory.
After the fifth case was confirmed on Saturday, Government ordered that all NAB staffers be tested and that process is expected to be completed today (April 27).
As of Sunday, April 26, 202 NAB workers had been tested, with the remaining workers who have been identified scheduled for testing today. Meanwhile, there are now 35 people in isolation.
The number of confirmed cases in Barbados stands at 80, 43 females and 37 males, and there have been six deaths. Thirty-nine persons have recovered.
“What I can say is now that we actually have cases and can do trained analysis, we have averted the worst-case scenario, so we are not on target for an exponential rise. We’ve staved that off and what we think is likely to happen over the next few weeks and months, is that we will have a smouldering epidemic and certainly that is something that is encouraging,” the senior health official stated.
Barbados previously went straight days with no new cases ending April 21.
The Ministry of Health and Wellness has indicated that 80 tests were conducted by the Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory and none came back positive for the virus.
To date, this brings the tally of tests conducted locally to 2,629.
In isolation, there are 28 COVID-positive patients. The number of active cases remains the same as yesterday. No one was discharged today.
The number of confirmed cases recorded to date remains at 82. There have been 47 recoveries and seven deaths