• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Barbados: Covid-19 cases - 180 cases; 7 deaths

Source: https://www.stlucianewsonline.com/barbados-over-100-could-die-from-covid/
Barbados: Over 100 ‘could die’ from COVID
By Barbados Today
April 16, 2020

(BARBADOS TODAY) – A minimum of over 100 Bajans could die from COVID-19, said Czar Richard Carter tonight, quoting a best-case scenario model developed by University of the West Indies epidemiologists.

The coronavirus has already claimed five lives and health officials have recorded 75 confirmed cases so far. Carter explained that the projected figure of over 100 did not take into account a number of “exceptions” which could see the number of cases exploding...
 
https://www.loopnewsbarbados.com/con...red-1-new-case
Following six days of no new cases, Barbadians have been shocked by the news of another COVID-related death.

The deceased COVID-positive patient is a 70-year-old nonnational.

Additionally, one new case was recorded today. The new COVID-positive patient is a 66-year-old woman.


.....Looking at the 76 cases recorded in Barbados to date, Dr George said "to my knowledge" only one case is "still under investigation". He reiterated that 60 per cent of the cases were imported and 40 per cent were locals who were traced to persons who have travelled.
 
https://www.loopnewsbarbados.com/con...bados-total-80

Another employee of the National Assistance Board (NAB) has been confirmed positive for COVID-19.

This was the only positive case among 88 tests completed on Sunday by the Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory.

After the fifth case was confirmed on Saturday, Government ordered that all NAB staffers be tested and that process is expected to be completed today (April 27).

As of Sunday, April 26, 202 NAB workers had been tested, with the remaining workers who have been identified scheduled for testing today. Meanwhile, there are now 35 people in isolation.

The number of confirmed cases in Barbados stands at 80, 43 females and 37 males, and there have been six deaths. Thirty-nine persons have recovered.
 
https://www.loopnewsbarbados.com/con...ealth-official
“What I can say is now that we actually have cases and can do trained analysis, we have averted the worst-case scenario, so we are not on target for an exponential rise. We’ve staved that off and what we think is likely to happen over the next few weeks and months, is that we will have a smouldering epidemic and certainly that is something that is encouraging,” the senior health official stated.
 
https://www.loopnewsbarbados.com/con...cases-barbados
Barbados previously went straight days with no new cases ending April 21.

The Ministry of Health and Wellness has indicated that 80 tests were conducted by the Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory and none came back positive for the virus.

To date, this brings the tally of tests conducted locally to 2,629.

In isolation, there are 28 COVID-positive patients. The number of active cases remains the same as yesterday. No one was discharged today.

The number of confirmed cases recorded to date remains at 82. There have been 47 recoveries and seven deaths
 
Source: https://www.facebook.com/moh.barbados/photos/a.768944336470972/3139877166044332/?type=3&theater


A CARICOM national, resident in Barbados, is the 83rd person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
The 72-year-old woman was the only new positive case among 89 tests conducted yesterday by the Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory.
The Ministry of Health and Wellness reported that she has no recent travel history, and investigations into the source of contact are ongoing.
She brings the number in isolation to 23. No one was released from isolation today, so the number of recovered persons remains at 53. There have been seven deaths.
So far, 2788 tests have been completed by the public health laboratory.
 
Back
Top