• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Australia - 2019-nCov Daily cases exceed 10,000 and hundreds told positive covid results were negative by NSW laboratory

Number of cases


As of this morning, 1 February 2020, 9 cases of 2019-nCoV have been confirmed in Australia: 2 in Queensland, 3 in Victoria, and 4 in New South Wales.

Australian health authorities continue to test any people who show symptoms of the virus.


Media reports:

2 more cases in South Australia, see post # 18

4th case in Victoria , see post # 20
 
[h=1]Two new cases of coronavirus in Australia[/h]
febr 2, 2020

The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Australia has risen to 12 after a couple was tested in South Australia.

"Two novel coronavirus cases have been confirmed in SA in a 60-year-old male and a 60-year-old female," SA Health tweeted.

"They will both be in isolation at the RAH (Royal Adelaide Hospital) and are currently in a stable condition."

The couple who hail from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak, had been visiting family in South Australia.
 
Queensland confirms third coronavirus case as eight-year-old child from Wuhan, China

febr 4, 2020

An eight-year-old boy has been confirmed as Queensland's third case of the potentially deadly coronavirus.

The child, who is Chinese and from the virus epicentre of Wuhan, was confirmed to have the virus by Queensland health officials on Tuesday night.

He was travelling in the same tour group as the 44-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman who have been confirmed as Queensland's other cases of coronavirus.

The child remains in isolation at the Gold Coast University Hospital and is currently stable.
 
4 February 2020


There has been a third novel coronavirus case confirmed in Queensland.

An eight year old boy, a Chinese national from Wuhan (Hubei Province), has been confirmed to have novel coronavirus.

The child is a member of the tour group travelling with the 44 year old man and a 42 year old woman confirmed with coronavirus on 29 January and 30 January 2020.

The child remains in isolation at the Gold Coast University Hospital and is currently stable.
 

Attachments

  • qg-coa.png
    qg-coa.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
FEBRUARY 5 2020 -[h=1]Australians contract coronavirus on cruise[/h] Two Australians on a quarantined cruise ship off Japan have contracted coronavirus as more evacuees head for Christmas Island.
 
The Minister for Foreign Affairs Marise Payne has confirmed two Australians on board a Japanese cruise ship have tested positive for coronavirus and will be taken to Japanese medical facilities for treatment.
 
Source: https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...deadly-virus-confirmed-in-queensland-c-684961


7NEWS
Thursday, 6 February 2020 6:41 am
A record 73 dead in just 24 hours from the virus

A fifth person is in quarantine at Gold Coast University Hospital after being confirmed to have coronavirus. Credit: File/Getty Images

A 37-year-old woman has become the 15th person in Australia diagnosed with coronavirus - and the fifth in Queensland.

The Chinese national is part of a tourist group in isolation at Gold Coast University Hospital...
 
As of this morning, 6 February 2020, 14 cases of 2019-nCoV have been confirmed in Australia: 4 in New South Wales, 4 in Victoria, 4 in Queensland, and 2 in South Australia.
 
Novel coronavirus alert

6 February 2020


There has been a fifth confirmed case of novel coronavirus in Queensland.

The 37 year old woman, a Chinese national, is currently isolated in the Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH).

The woman is travelling in the same tour group as the previously confirmed cases – a 44 year old man, a 42 year old woman, a 37 year old man and an 8 year old boy.

All five people who have been confirmed to have novel coronavirus are stable.

The four others from the same tour group remain in isolation in GCUH.

For general information about novel coronavirus including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, visit www.health.qld.gov.au/coronavirus.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/news-e...el-coronavirus
 
2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, Australia Epidemiology Report 1

Reporting week 26 January – 1 February 2020

2019-nCoV National Incident Room Surveillance Team

Summary

This is the first epidemiological report of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) acute respiratory disease infections reported in Australia at 19:00 Australian Eastern Daylight Time [AEDT] 1 February 2020. It includes data on Australian cases notified during the week 26 January to 1 February 2020 and in the previous week (19 to 25 January 2020), the international situation and current information on the severity, transmission and spread of the 2019-nCoV infection.

In Australia:

• A total of twelve cases of 2019-nCoV infection were notified up until 1 February 2020;

• All twelve cases reported a travel history to China, and 92% (11/12) had a travel history to Wuhan, Hubei Province, China;

• The majority of cases (92%, 11/12) developed mild to moderate symptoms, with one case (8%, 1/12) admitted to intensive care;

• Zero deaths were reported; and

• Two days elapsed since the onset of illness in the latest confirmed case and the date of this report.
 
Source: https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6641761/two-cruise-ship-evacuees-contract-virus/?cs=9397

February 21 2020 - 1:00PM
Two cruise ship evacuees contract virus
Rebecca Gredley
Two people evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan to an Australian quarantine centre have contracted coronavirus, and more cases are possible.

A 24-year-old woman from South Australia will be transferred to Royal Adelaide Hospital on Friday. The other patient is from Western Australia.

Both remain well and are being housed in a separate isolation unit at Howard Springs outside Darwin...
 
[h=3]In Australia[/h]
As at 11:30 hrs on 22 February 2020, we have confirmed 21 cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia:
  • 5 in Queensland
  • 4 in New South Wales
  • 4 in Victoria
  • 2 in South Australia
There are also 6 cases associated with the Diamond Princess repatriation flight from Japan.
  • 1 is a resident of Western Australia
  • 1 is a resident of South Australia
  • 2 are residents of Queensland
  • 2 are residents of Victoria
The people from Western Australia and South Australia with confirmed cases returned to their home state on 21 February 2020. The people from Queensland and Victoria with confirmed cases will return to their home states today.

10 of the earlier cases are reported to have recovered.

For questions about testing or the welfare of people with the virus, contact your state or territory health authority.

For more information, read latest transcripts and media releases from the Chief Medical Officer about coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news section of our website.


https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert#current-status
 
As at 22:00 hrs on 22 February 2020, we have confirmed 22 cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia:
  • 5 in Queensland
  • 4 in New South Wales
  • 4 in Victoria
  • 2 in South Australia
There are also 7 cases associated with the Diamond Princess repatriation flight from Japan.
  • 1 is a resident of Western Australia
  • 1 is a resident of South Australia
  • 3 are residents of Queensland
  • 2 are residents of Victoria.
10 of the earlier cases are reported to have recovered.

For questions about testing or the welfare of people with the virus, contact your state or territory health authority.

For more information, read latest transcripts and media releases from the Chief Medical Officer about coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news section of our website.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
 
Source: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert [h=2]Current status[/h] [h=3]In Australia[/h]
As at 06:30 hrs on 29 February 2020, we have 25 confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia:
  • 9 in Queensland
  • 4 in New South Wales
  • 7 in Victoria
  • 3 in South Australia
  • 2 in Western Australia
15 of these cases are reported to have recovered. The remaining cases are in a stable condition.

9 cases are associated with the Diamond Princess repatriation flight from Japan.

All of these people have returned to their home states for medical treatment.

For questions about testing or the welfare of people with the virus, contact your state or territory health authority.
 
Source: https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...solation/001f4c95-c842-456b-953d-10132bac7e7f

Gold Coast beautician in isolation after contracting coronavirus
By Nick Pearson
1:58pm Feb 29, 2020

A 63-year-old beautician on the Gold Coast is in isolation after testing positive to the coronavirus COVID-19.

The woman began feeling unwell at work on Thursday after returning from Iran, where the disease has reached epidemic levels.

She is currently being treated at the Gold Coast University Hospital...
 
Source: https://www.9news.com.au/health/fif...n-travel/2db23b82-10be-4948-9b78-7db5a7293f4f

Fifth virus case in NSW after Iran travel
By AAP
9:43am Mar 1, 2020

A man who recently travelled to Iran has become the fifth person in NSW to be diagnosed with the coronavirus.
The male in his 40s arrived in Sydney from Iran on February 22 and didn't develop symptoms of COVID-19 until two days later.
He was tested on February 28 and was confirmed to have COVID-19 on Saturday, NSW Health said in a statement on Sunday.
The man has relatively minor symptoms and has been taken to Westmead Hospital...
 
Source: https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...h/news-story/d3a2e6dfdcb81eb1da7181100aa87b39

Australia’s first coronavirus fatality as man dies in Perth
The first Australian death from the lethal coronavirus outbreak has been confirmed, after a man died in a Perth hospital overnight.
Candace Sutton
news.com.auMarch 1, 20201:26pm

Australia has recorded its first coronavirus fatality after a man confirmed as COVID-19 positive died in a Perth hospital overnight.

The as yet unnamed coronavirus victim was a 78-year-old from the infected cruise ship Diamond Princess who died in the early hours of Sunday morning at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital.

He had been taken from a Darwin quarantine camp with his wife, who is also infected, after being isolated in a quarantine camp there from Japan.

The couple were two of 164 Australians who were quarantined aboard the Diamond Princess with coronavirus then flown from Japan to Darwin and placed in isolation at the Howards Springs camp.

The dead man’s wife is now in isolation at a Perth hospital...
 
Back
Top