Texas - Dallas/Ft. Worth area seasonal flu 2013/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dallas County?s flu death toll rises to 26

A <a href="http://pf11.blogspot.com/2009/11/norway-sequence-with-225g-mixture-also.html" target="_blank">flashfire</a> occurs when a <a href="http://pf11.blogspot.com/2013/12/texas-ha-225-receptor-binding-variance.html" target="_blank">minority species</a> with <b><span style="color: #274e13;">Hemagglutinin</span></b> <b><span style="color: #660000;">Receptor Binding Variance</span></b> persists unacknowledged. *

pH1N1 Texas Fatality by County

* Quasi-species at key antigenic / receptor binding areas
    • Mixture HA 225D / HA 225G
    • Mixture HA 225D / HA 225N

Comment

Redacted by Author
      upon discovering
      Post-Production
      Consolidation by Moderator

Comment

Redacted by Author
        upon discovering
        Post-Production

Comment

Redacted by Author
          upon discovering
          Post-Production

Comment

Redacted by Author
            upon discovering
            Post-Production

Comment

Re: TX: The Flu in Dallas County is Killing About As Many People As It Usually Does

114 Fatalities in Texas
              by
              2014-01-12 *

• pH1N1 Dominant Texas Fatality by County [Excel]
              • pH1N1 Dominant Texas Fatality by County [html/css]
              • Distribution of pH1N1 Influenza Fatalities in Texas [map by Al]

* 2014-01-12 Updated Stats from Jim Oliveros

Comment

Re: TX: Death Of Ft. Worth City Worker Investigated As Possibly Flu-Related

Redacted by Author
                upon discovering
                Post-Production

Comment

When I read that the Dalla-area teenager (13F) had died in Collin County at the Childrens Hospital of Plano, I looked more closely at the information reported by Dallas County and found that they had reported no pediatric deaths this season. So, the reported pediatric death should be attributed to Collin County, with 26 adult deaths in Dallas County through the end of Week 1, as is indicated on the table below from their Week 1 report (see the bottom two rows).

Attached Files
                  "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Dallas - Alice Jones, 29-Year-Old Healthy Mother Of Three, Dies Of Flu

Healthy Young Mom Who Died of Flu Had No Warning She Was in Danger

Getting the flu is a pain in the butt, but you usually don't think of it as something that can be deadly unless you are pregnant, elderly, or immune-suppressed in some other way. Unfortunately, however, it can be deadly no matter who you are. A mom of three caught the flu and died four days later. The woman, who had been healthy until she caught the virus, was the wife of a soldier who served in Afghanistan. He thought once he made it home alive, the family was in the clear. And then this tragically happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Oliveros View Post
                      When I read that the Dalla-area teenager (13F) had died in Collin County at the Childrens Hospital of Plano, I looked more closely at the information reported by Dallas County and found that they had reported no pediatric deaths this season. So, the reported pediatric death should be attributed to Collin County, with 26 adult deaths in Dallas County through the end of Week 1, as is indicated on the table below from their Week 1 report (see the bottom two rows).

[ATTACH]17098[/ATTACH]
                      pH1N1 Drug Resistant Vaccine Escape
                      Winter 2013
                      Data Sparsity

2014-01-13-17:30
                      Close of Business, Atlanta

Although Drug Resistance and Vaccine Escape continue to be reported around the country, including the US Navy, NO sequences have been deposited covering the geography during 2013 Weeks 51 and 52 for American states that are experiencing severe and fatal pH1N1 Influenza.

Today, 2014-01-13, the United States CDC released sequences that are variously backdated as having been published on 2014-01-09 and 2014-01-10. The most current sequence was sampled on 2013-12-09, a week prior to the major escalation.

Comment

Collin County Confirms First Flu-Related Death

Collin County Confirms First Flu-Related Death

Health officials in Collin County confirmed the first flu-related death of the season Monday.

Officials with the City of Plano said the patient, a woman in her late 50s, had underlying health conditions and had not received the flu shot.

more...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

TX: Collin County reports its first flu-related death

Source: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...ed-death.html/

Collin County reports its first flu-related death
                          By Eva-Marie Ayala
                          eayala@dallasnews.com
                          5:34 pm on January 13, 2014

Collin County reported its first flu-related death on Monday as the number of hospitalizations continues to increase across the North Texas area.

Chief epidemiologist Jawaid Asghar said a Plano woman in her late fifties died on Jan. 8 after complications from the flu. He said there were other contributing factors as well...

Comment

Re: Texas - Dallas/Ft. Worth area seasonal flu 2013/2014

Source: http://www.kens5.com/news/Expectant-...240074731.html

Expectant mother battling the flu loses her child
                            by Janet St. James / WFAA.com
                            Posted on January 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM

DALLAS ? From her hospital bed at Baylor Specialty Hospital in Dallas Monday morning, Hailey Sparks held the tiny ink footprints and hand-prints of her son for the first time.

Until Monday, she had been on a ventilator, unable to talk. Doctors put her in a medically-induced coma the week before Christmas...

Comment

Five Flu-Related Deaths Confirmed in Tarrant County

New information from the Tarrant County Health Department shows there have now been five flu-related deaths in the county this season.

According to the new information, one of the patients died in December while the other four died in January.

Specific patient information is not released due to patient privacy, but officials did say four of the five patients had underlying health conditions. One of the patients was in their 30s, two were in their 40s and two were in their 70s.

...more

Comment

Source: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...n-county.html/

Second flu-related death reported in Collin County
                                By Julieta Chiquillo
                                jchiquillo@dallasnews.com
                                4:00 pm on January 15, 2014 | Permalink

Collin County reported its second flu-related death Wednesday. The patient was a Plano woman in her 40s who died Jan. 11.

Chief epidemiologist Jawaid Asghar said the woman had been immunized.

Another Plano woman, one in her late 50s, died Jan. 8 after complications from the flu. Asghar said Monday the woman had not been immunized...

Comment

Working...
                                X