This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina 2016-2017 Flu Season

South Carolina DHEC is reporting 2 influenza deaths through Week 45.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SC Week 45.png
Views:	132
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	764008
    Attached Files
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

DHEC reporting 5 dead from flu complications in the Midlands
    Thursday, January 19th 2017, 3:25 pm EST
    Thursday, January 19th 2017, 8:40 pm EST
    By Caroline Patrickis, Reporter

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
    The Lexington County Coroner confirmed Thursday that Brett Williams, 16, tested positive for Influenza B just days before he died at Palmetto Health Children?s Hospital on Tuesday.

His case is expected to add to the recent spike in flu cases that the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control is seeing throughout South Carolina.

DHEC says they are seeing widespread flu activity across the state, and it's unknown if we are at the peak of the season or if it could worsen.

Hospitals in our area say the flu season is making for a busy month in the emergency room as well. That's not unusual for this time of year with the flu and other viruses and bacterial infections all being treated.

DHEC reports that 403 people have been hospitalized and seven people have died as a result of flu complications this season. Five of those deaths were in the Midlands. This time last year there were 210 hospitalizations and 10 flu-related deaths.
    The sudden death of a high school student is one case that shows the recent spike in flu cases the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control is seeing this flu season.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X