X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German patient vaccinated against Covid 217 times

23 hours ago
    By Michelle Roberts,Digital health editor

A 62-year-old man from Germany has, against medical advice, been vaccinated 217 times against Covid, doctors report. The bizarre case is documented in The Lancet Infectious Diseases journal. The shots were bought and given privately within the space of 29 months. The man appears to have suffered no ill effects, researchers from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg say.

'Very interested'

"We learned about his case via newspaper articles," Dr Kilian Schober, from the university's microbiology department, said. "We then contacted him and invited him to undergo various tests in Erlangen. He was very interested in doing so." The man provided fresh blood and saliva samples. The researchers also tested some frozen blood samples of his that had been stored in recent years.

Researchers have written up the unusual case in a medical journal.

------------------------------

CORRESPONDENCE|ONLINE FIRST

Adaptive immune responses are larger and functionally preserved in a hypervaccinated individualPublished: March 04, 2024DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(24)00134-8
    In summary, our case report shows that SARS-CoV-2 hypervaccination did not lead to adverse events and increased the quantity of spike-specific antibodies and T cells without having a strong positive or negative effect on the intrinsic quality of adaptive immune responses. While we found no signs of SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections in HIM to date, it cannot be clarified whether this is causally related to the hypervaccination regimen. Importantly, we do not endorse hypervaccination as a strategy to enhance adaptive immunity.

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela

Comment

• Not medical advice. I am at extremely high risk for a bad COVID-19 outcome. I have several risk factors.

I received a Novavax booster last week. I did not feel any consequences. This was my 2nd Novavax booster. I think I prefer this one over the Moderna or Pfizer.

Generally going into the Spring and Summer I am still avoiding crowds. I do go into a restaurant at low volume times, i.e. 8 am. I prep my nose and gargle with mouthwash before and after. We try to sit outside and away from other tables if inside. I stay boosted. I always carry an N95 mask. I wear it inside all stores. I also always carry a hand sanitizer.

So far I have not contracted COVID-19, or any other illness, that I know of. I like not getting colds, flu, novavirus, sinus infections, etc.

I am not getting negative comments anymore when I wear a mask, but I did tell a neighbor last week that I had just come back from getting a booster shot and I could tell they were making a huge effort not to comment. I perceived that they are not in favor of COVID-19 vaccines. When I called the pharmacy to see if they carried the Novavax vaccine, the pharmacist said I did not need an appointment because "no one wants them" (meaning all COVID-19 vaccines).

I have no idea if I have any medium or long term problems from the COVID-19 vaccines but I have not had any cardiac, circulatory, cancer events that I know of. Time will tell. Meanwhile - I am still alive and do not have long-covid either. So...who knows....?

Comment

Working...
      X