Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: Videos, news reports, various information about what is going on in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion: Videos, news reports, various information about what is going on in China

I think we should document what is going on.

Please remember US copyright law. Unless we have permission from the copyright holder:

No pictures - but links to pictures and your opinions are great!

Please only snips from information in its original language.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    China Halts Public Travel From Wuhan

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Several videos here:

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
      -Nelson Mandela

Comment

As I watch these videos I think, good thing this is a dream where I am participating in a desktop simulation. Except...not...

These scenes are everything that is feared might happen.

Comment

Translation Google

Is it too late to emulate Beijing's Xiaotangshan model? Wuhan announced that it will build a temporary hospital in 6 days

Compose: Liu Yan
          2020-01-24 02:16:00

"The virus is spreading rapidly." As the pneumonia epidemic of a new coronavirus infection in Wuhan, China, intensified, following the closure of all exit corridors in Wuhan on January 23, Beijing time, the city's urban bus, subway, ferry, and long-distance passenger transportation were suspended on the night. Several sources show that the Wuhan Municipal Government requested the China Construction Third Bureau to follow the Beijing Xiaotangshan model to establish a temporary hospital in Wuhan Staff Sanatorium, Zhiyin Lake, Caidian District, Wuhan.

On April 21, 2003, at the time when the SARS epidemic was the worst in the Chinese capital, Beijing decided to set up Beijing's first special infectious disease hospital in Xiaotangshan. "It only took 7 days and 7 nights to build a Xiaotangshan Infectious Disease Hospital with a construction area of ​​25,000 square meters and 1,000 beds. At the same time, all medicines, medical equipment and equipment were also in place." This SARS history Known as a world miracle.

The Xiaotangshan Temporary Hospital admitted one-seventh of the SARS patients in China within two months. Its establishment was later regarded as the turning point of the severe SARS epidemic in Beijing.

In recent days, the number of pneumonia patients diagnosed with new-type coronavirus infection in China has begun to increase sharply in various places. In the severely affected area, Wuhan “all isolation wards have been saturated”, “Some patients have reached the standard of hospitalization, but because there are no beds, Isolation can only be implemented at home, resulting in a new spread of the epidemic ", and the patients who have been admitted cannot perform pathogen detection in a timely manner, resulting in cross-infection, coupled with the lack of designated food and accommodation by medical staff, and the possibility of being infected by the outside world. Preventable and controllable.

In response to the development of the pneumonia epidemic, Wuhan announced on the evening of the 23rd that the temporary infectious disease hospital to be built will be completed within 6 days. Wuhan CITIC Design Institute will produce the design drawings within 24 hours and will be constructed by the China Construction Bureau. The hospital will be in the form of a board room, with one or two storeys in height, with an initial plan of 1,000 container beds. The exact size and number of patients that can be accommodated in the future are uncertain.

Judging from the various information circulating on the Internet, the construction of this temporary hospital in Wuhan is in the tension stage. Emergency vehicles such as engineering vehicles, large and small excavators, flatbed trucks, containers, goggles, protective clothing, medical gloves, medical masks, medical wastewater disinfection equipment, electrolytic salt water, and chlorine dioxide generators are being urgently collected by different departments. in.
          Although there are many voices on the Internet accusing Wuhan of the effective measures introduced against the epidemic being too few and too late, after all, it is already in operation and the temporary hospital is under construction. After the "closing of the city", all parts of China assisted Wuhan's critical illness and breathing. Doctors are still arriving one after another, "Wuhan Come!"

-Nelson Mandela

Comment

Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang's Regular Press Conference on January 23, 2020

Q: This morning the Wuhan authorities announced a series of measures that came into effect at 10am, including suspending the operation of buses, subways, ferries and intercity buses in Wuhan, suggesting citizens to not leaving the city if not necessary, and temporarily closing airports, train stations and other transport means that take people out of Wuhan. There are many foreigners already staying in Wuhan. The restrictions are on them also. Will the Chinese government consider any requests from them to return to their countries for special reasons? For example, after proper screening that shows they are healthy and free from any chance to spread it further?

A: I would refer you to local authorities for these specific questions.

As a principled response, China guarantees the legitimate rights and interests of foreign citizens in our country.

Q: Authorities in Wuhan announced this morning to temporarily close airports and train stations. Are foreign citizens not allowed to leave the city either?

A: Your question is the same as the previous one. I'd still refer you to local authorities.

As a principled response, China guarantees the legitimate and legal rights and interests of foreign citizens in our country.

-Nelson Mandela

Comment

Translation Google

Last travelers who left Wuhan tell

Posted on January 23, 2020, 4:43 p.m.
              MARIE GIFFARD
              FRANCE MEDIA AGENCY
              “All of our friends stayed. Everyone wears a mask. We had reserved our tickets a long time ago in anticipation of the holidays with the Chinese New Year, "said the French national, aware of his luck to have been able to board the plane.

"Within a half hour, it was quarantine. The army arrived just before we got to our plane, "he recalls. "I only learned this morning that the city was closed ...".

He describes "prices in stores multiplied by three, the shortage, people looking for information."
              Air France, which has three weekly flights "suspends its service to Wuhan until further notice," a spokesperson told AFP.

On the last flight, hostesses and stewards are also subject to masks.
              Although Philippe Dauger does not recall having his temperature controlled on boarding, his wife corrects him: "Yes, yes, they have thermal cameras, but you have not seen".
              Chinese passengers did not want to talk to the newspapers

The few Chinese who were on board also wear a mask, but do not wish to respond to the large press and run away from the microphones and cameras.
              "They take the temperature everywhere, at the hotel, at work, people are not reassured," said Franck Stemmelen, who was in Wuhan on the road for work.

"The atmosphere is tense, there is no one on the streets, in the bars. I arrived on Sunday and was rushed home from work. "

Employed in an air conditioning company, he explains that he intends to keep his mask "at least a week to see."

Pierre Taya, also returns from a business trip and returns after a week there. Worried, he will call 15 to avoid any risk, with his "pregnant daughter".

"The plane was empty. The hostess told us that many Chinese people have canceled for fear of not being able to come back. "

For the time being, the Paris-Wuhan routes are suspended in accordance with "the recommendations of the health authorities," said an Air France spokesperson.

À la porte de sortie du dernier vol en provenance de Wuhan, foyer du nouveau coronavirus, les quelques voyageurs qui sont parvenus à monter à bord arborent tous un masque, jeudi à l’aéroport parisien de Roissy, et racontent la situation « tendue » dans la ville désormais en quarantaine.
              -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post
                As I watch these videos I think, good thing this is a dream where I am participating in a desktop simulation. Except...not...

These scenes are everything that is feared might happen.
                I’ve seen many videos that have been posted. This one in particular is currently standing out as defining a very horrible scene.

it is a video inside a hospital. I can only hope it is not real..

Comment

Translated -

The third consecutive night of crowds in Wuhan Hospital】

On the evening of January 23, both inside and outside Wuhan Hospital were still waiting for fever patients, and news of insufficient drugs continued to be heard in the hospital. The hospital also asked for help.

-Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye View Post

I’ve seen many videos that have been posted. This one in particular is currently standing out as defining a very horrible scene.

it is a video inside a hospital. I can only hope it is not real..

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaharAtak...59474579873797
                    I don't know where that is but no one is wearing a mask. And someone in a doctor's coat is on the floor while another doctor is walking around? Seems very odd for an infectious disease situation. I think a doctor was attacked and killed in a hospital not to long ago. Maybe this is a video of from event?

Comment

Originally posted by sharon sanders View Post

I don't know where that is but no one is wearing a mask. And someone in a doctor's coat is on the floor while another doctor is walking around? Seems very odd for an infectious disease situation. I think a doctor was attacked and killed in a hospital not to long ago. Maybe this is a video of from event?
                      Unless there is so much of it they are becoming desensitized to it all.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaLisa View Post

Unless there is so much of it they are becoming desensitized to it all.
                        It could be a video of another incident. It is so hard to know with such short clips.

Comment

We all need to be careful about the videos and photos.

Translation:
                          On January 23, a picture of Changsha Huanghua Airport spread on the Internet made many netizens anxious and worried. The picture is inside the Changsha Huanghua Airport. There are staff wearing white protective clothing and a lying in an isolation box The isolation personnel here also pulled up a blue isolation belt with the words "Changsha Huanghua International Airport" on the isolation belt.

The reporter learned from Hunan Airport Group that this picture is an emergency treatment exercise for plague prevention and control at the Changsha Customs Port on December 3, 2019, and has nothing to do with this epidemic prevention and control.

At present, cadres and employees of Changsha Airport are in order to ensure the safe travel of passengers, cancel vacations, and rush to prevent and control epidemics in the frontline. Please don't be misled by a picture.

手机新浪网是新浪网的手机门户网站,为亿万用户打造一个手机联通世界的超级平台,提供24小时全面及时的中文资讯,内容覆盖国内外突发新闻事件、体坛赛事、娱乐时尚、产业资讯、实用信息等。手机新浪网触屏版 - sina.cn

Comment

Impressive, 1,000 beds in 6 days in Wuhan

Translation:
                            The isolation hospital in Wuhan that was said to be built yesterday has begun construction this morning. There are 1,000 beds for treating patients, which will be completed in 6 days.

Comment

Unnamed hospital. Video is of one of the crowded floors/halls showing what appears to be 2-3 individuals fully covered with a sheet.

Comment

Working...
                              X