• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

2 January 2011 Last updated at 11:21 ET

Norovirus bug shuts Morriston Hospital to visitors

_50641414_morriston.jpg

Seven wards are closed to new patients at Morriston Hospital due to norovirus

Morriston Hospital in Swansea is closed to visitors and seven wards are shut to new patients because of a norovirus outbreak.

A spokesperson said visitors would only be accepted for children and in exceptional circumstances.

A ward was closed last month and managers warned the hospital would shut to visitors if more wards were affected.

There are about 750 beds at the hospital.

More...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12105002
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Bury St Edmunds: Wards shut after norovirus outbreak

By Laurence Cawley Tuesday, 11 January, 2011
16:34 PM

TWO wards at West Suffolk Hospital have been shut to new admissions after several patients showed symptoms of the winter vomiting bug.

Six patients on ward G4 and three on G5 have shown symptoms of the highly contagious norovirus, which causes diarrhoea and vomiting.

Read more:
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/bury_st_edmunds_wards_shut_after_norovirus_outbreak_1_771509
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

9 February 2011 Last updated at 13:23 ET

Health trust closes wards due to norovirus

_51176635__50397555__42210150_hospital_203-1-1.jpg

The Ulster Hospital currently has visiting and ward restrictions in place

The South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust has had to close some wards to new patients at Lagan Valley and the Ulster hospital due to the norovirus.

The trust had also restricted visitors at some of its hospitals due to the effects of the winter vomiting bug.

The trust said "significant increases in bed pressures had resulted in some patients experiencing a delay in receiving a bed in a ward".

Thirty-three members of trust staff have also been affected by the bug.

More...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12409355
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Thursday, February 10, 2011, 09:20

Hospital closes wards to visitors after norovirus outbreak

WALSALL Manor Hospital is in lockdown to visitors after all of its wards were closed following an outbreak of the highly contagious Norovirus.
The dramatic step was taken on Tuesday (February 8) and will remain in place until further notice.

Hospital bosses are now urging visitors with family and friends currently in the hospital's care to stay away to help prevent the stomach bug ? which causes sickness and diarrhoea ? from spreading.

Read more:
http://www.thisiswalsallonline.co.u...-outbreak/article-3205303-detail/article.html
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Sandwell hospital hit by bug outbreak

5:29pm Tuesday 3rd May 2011

HEALTH chiefs have closed six wards to visitors at Sandwell General Hospital following an outbreak of the vomiting and sickness bug norovirus. Twenty eight patients have been struck down by the bug, known as winter vomiting virus, in three wards, but visitors have been barred from two entire floors to prevent it spreading. Figures released yesterday reveal 11 patients are suffering from norovirus on the re-habilitation ward, nine on the stroke ward and eight on the trauma ward. Infection control doctor Natasha Ratnaraja said the public were also being urged not to visit either Sandwell or Rowley Regis hospitals if they have had any sickness or diarrhoea symptoms in the last 72 hours. She said this was vital ?so that the spread of infection can be prevented and controlled appropriately.?

More...
http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/news...wley_Regis_Hospital_due_to_novovirus/?ref=rss
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

5 May 2011 Last updated at 06:40 ET

Chesterfield hospital ward closed in norovirus outbreak

An outbreak of the winter vomiting disease has forced the closure of a ward at Chesterfield Royal Hospital.

Visitors are not being permitted to enter Basil ward to prevent the spread of norovirus.

Restrictions will be lifted once the last patient is recovering, said a hospital spokesman.

More...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-13292242
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

04/05/2011

Visiting restrictions in place at George Eliot Hospital

Visiting restrictions have been put in place at George Eliot Hospital to help contain the spread of norovirus, cases of which have led to the temporary closure of three wards ? the Emergency Medical Unit, Bob Jakin and Adam Bede.

Visiting to these areas has been temporarily suspended and visiting to other areas will only be allowed between 7-8pm. Visits at other times will continue to be allowed on compassionate grounds. Anyone wishing to make such a visit should contact the appropriate ward prior to their arrival at the hospital.


More...
http://www.geh.nhs.uk/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Published: 05/05/2011 08:00

Virus closes three wards

by LISA BUCKLEY

A SEVERE sickness bug has struck again at the George Eliot Hospital, forcing visitor bans on affected wards.

So far 13 patients have been diagnosed with the Norovirus at the Nuneaton NHS Trust and Bob Jakin, Adam Bede and the Emergency Medical Unit (EMU) have been declared `no-go' areas to visitors.
...
The outbreak, the latest since February, will mean extra pressure for the Nuneaton NHS Trust as it continues to attempt to recoup millions of pounds over the next two years.

A hospital spokesperson said that there were a number of cases of the bug out in the community and urged people who do visit to use the hand gels provided.

Full text:
http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/News/Virus-closes-three-wards-05052011.htm
 
Last edited:
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

30 June 2011 Last updated at 14:40 ET<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!--$render("page-bookmark-links","page-bookmark-links-head",{ useForgeShareTools:"true", position:"top", site:'News', headline:'BBC News - Torbay hotel closes after norovirus stomach bug strikes', storyId:'13983847', sectionId:'99218', url:'http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-13983847', edition:'US'}); --></SCRIPT>

Torbay hotel closes after norovirus stomach bug strikes

Thirty guests at a Torquay hotel have been struck down by the stomach bug norovirus.

Management at the Majestic Templestowe have decided to close the hotel for a week, from Friday, for a cleaning operation to eradicate the disease.

Other hotels in the resort, including the Regina, have also been affected in the last few weeks.

More...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-13983847
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

19 July 2011 Last updated at 04:47 ET

Norovirus concern forces Isle of Man clinic change

A suspected outbreak of the winter vomiting virus at a Ramsey residential home has forced the department of health to change clinic venues.

Podiatry clinics scheduled to take place at Cummal Mooar will now be held at Ramsey Cottage hospital.

More...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-14199118
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Ulster forced to act after bugs outbreak

</EM>
<AUTHOR>by Natalie Gorman </AUTHOR>
Thursday, 21 July 2011



The Ulster Hospital has been forced to close one ward to new admissions following the outbreak of two separate stomach bugs. Three others that were closed on Tuesday reopened yesterday (July 20).​

Patients are suffering from vomiting and diarrhoea due to the spread of Norovirus. This week, the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust also confirmed one case of the virulent 027 strain of the clostridium difficile bacterium (C. diff) has been identified in the hospital ? the strain produces 20 times as much toxin as other strains. The Trust said there were seven C. diff cases in total within its area.​

A spokesperson for the SEHSCT said: ?The Trust is experiencing significant increases in bed pressures and the presence of Norovirus circulating in the South Eastern Trust area has added to this pressure.​


 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Wirral's Arrowe Park hospital closes after norovirus outbreak




A MERSEYSIDE hospital last night banned visitors after an outbreak of the highly- contagious vomiting bug norovirus.

Wirral?s Arrowe Park said it imposed the temporary restrictions as a ?precaution? following the admission of infected patients from local nursing homes.

The hospital?s website revealed that two wards were affected by the virus, which can cause severe diarrhoea and sickness.

The ban on visitors to the main hospital buildings is set to remain in place until Monday at least.

It is the fourth time in just 18 months that Wirral Universities NHS Trust has restricted visitor access because of a norovirus outbreak


 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Visiting still suspended at Wirral’s Arrowe Park Hospital






A MERSEYSIDE hospital will remain out of bounds for visitors for at least another couple of days, after an outbreak of the vomiting bug norovirus.
Temporary restrictions were imposed at Arrowe Park Hospital, in Wirral, as a “precaution” infected patients were admitted from nursing homes.
...
Tina Long, director of nursing and midwifery, said: “Unfortunately, norovirus is still prevalent in the community.

Read More:
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...e-park-hospital-92534-29159741/#ixzz1TsfdO6mL
 
Last edited:
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

7 September 2011 Last updated at 06:21 ET

Arrowe Park and Clatterbridge hit by norovirus outbreak

Wards have been closed to visitors at two Wirral hospitals after an outbreak of the vomiting bug norovirus.

Restrictions have been imposed on wards 24, 28 and 38 at Arrowe Park and on a rehabilitation ward at Clatterbridge Hospital.

More...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-14818904
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Norovirus outbreak forces school closure

Published on Tuesday 13 September 2011 04:14<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> formatPubDate("Tue Sep 13 10:14:16 BST 2011"); </SCRIPT>

<!--PSTYLE=WINT Web Intro-->
AN OUTBREAK of the norovirus has forced a special school in Spalding to shut for at least three days.

A portion of students and staff at the Garth School, in Pinchbeck Road, were struck down with the winter vomiting bug over the weekend...

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/education/norovirus_outbreak_forces_school_closure_1_3046229
 
Re: UK - Norovirus cases 2010-11

Sick bug closes two Altnagelvin Hospital wards

By Donna Deeney</AUTHOR>
Wednesday, 14 September 2011

An outbreak of a severe vomiting bug has led to the closure of two wards in Altnagelvin Hospital.

The Western Health and Social Care Trust is urging the public to be cautious when visiting patients.

The trust is asking for co-operation as increased infection control measures take effect, and is asking people to refrain from visiting patients if they have been feeling unwell themselves.

The bug ? the norovirus ? has been confirmed in a number of patients at the hospital in recent days.

 
Back
Top