• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Two bombs at finish line of Boston Marathon

Re: Two explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

Re: Two explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

3 killed, at least 133 injured in Boston Marathon blasts

By <CITE>David Abel</CITE>, <CITE>Travis Andersen</CITE> and <CITE>Martin Finucane</CITE>

| Globe Staff <!-- web pub date April 15, 2013 -->April 15, 2013

At least three people were killed and at least 133 others were injured this afternoon as two powerful explosions detonated in quick succession near the Boston Marathon finish line in Boston?s Back Bay section, transforming a scene of athletic celebration into bloody chaos.

When the smoke cleared, dozens of victims lay in the street, some unconscious, some grievously injured, including some whose limbs had been torn off by the blast.

The dead included an 8-year-old boy, according to two law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation. Boston Children?s Hospital reported that those treated there included a 9-year-old girl, a 7-year-old boy, a 12-year-old, and a 2-year-old.

...
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ens-injured/yLhfDT1XC3HXSa8wPiVijL/story.html
 
Re: Two explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

Re: Two explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon

Tribune Wire Report
12:03 p.m. CDT, April 16, 2013

Boston Marathon bombings: No arrests, no motive in 'heinous' act
...
The dead included an 8-year-old boy who was watching his father run in the race. The boy's sister and mother were injured.

At least 176 people are being treated in hospitals, and 17 remain in critical condition.
...
?Any time bombs are used to target innocent civilians, it is an act of terror,? Obama said. ?What we don't yet know, however, is who carried out this attack or why, whether it was planned and executed by a terrorist organization - foreign or domestic - or was the act of a malevolent individual.?

The president ordered the U.S. flag atop the White House lowered to half staff in memory of the victims.
...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-boston-marathon-explosions-20130416,0,4548564.story
 
Re: Two bombs at finish line of Boston Marathon

Bombs were in pressure cookers, included nails; 2nd victim identified

wwltv.com
Posted on April 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Updated today at 3:58 PM
By JAY LINDSAY and EILEEN SULLIVAN / Associated Press

BOSTON (AP) -- The bombs that ripped through the Boston Marathon crowd were fashioned out of ordinary kitchen pressure cookers, packed with nails and other fiendishly lethal shrapnel, and hidden in duffel bags left on the ground, people close to the investigation said Tuesday.
...
Scores of victims remained in Boston hospitals, many with grievous injuries, a day after the twin explosions near the marathon's finish line killed three people, wounded more than 170 and reawakened fears of terrorism. A 9-year-old girl and 10-year-old boy were among 17 victims listed in critical condition.
...
The blasts killed 8-year-old Martin Richard of Boston, 29-year-old Krystle Campbell of Medford, Mass., and a third victim whose name has not been released.

Doctors who treated the wounded corroborated reports that the bombs were packed with shrapnel intended to cause mayhem.

"We've removed BBs and we've removed nails from kids. One of the sickest things for me was just to see nails sticking out of a little girl's body," said Dr. David Mooney, director of the trauma center at Boston Children's Hospital.

At Massachusetts General Hospital, all four amputations performed there were above the knee, with no hope of saving more of the legs, said Dr. George Velmahos, chief of trauma surgery.
...

Full text:
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Person-briefed-on-probe-bombs-in-pressure-cookers-203228531.html
 
Re: Two bombs at finish line of Boston Marathon

Latest Information of the Chinese Victims in Boston Marathon Bombing

2013/04/16

The Consulate General of the People's Republic of China confirms that one Chinese citizen was unfortunately killed in the Boston Marathon Bombing on April 15th 2013. At the request of her family, the victim's personal information will not be disclosed. Another Chinese citizen is among the injured and is in stable condition now after surgery.

The Consulate dispatched a work team to Boston after the bombing, headed by
Deputy Consul General Ruiming Zhong. The team visited the injured in hospital this morning.

The Consulate has contacted the two families and will provide all neccessary assistance to them.

Our hearts go out to the families of the victims of this terrible tragedy.

http://www.nyconsulate.prchina.org/eng/zxhd/t1031861.htm
 
Back
Top