Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster.
The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website.
By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.
[h=2]Singapore tests passengers for coronavirus from cruise ship[/h] 11 Mar 2020 - 14:10 [h=4]Singapore health-care officials conducted coronavirus screenings on passengers from the Costa fortuna cruise ship that was prevented from docking in Thailand and Malaysia, the city-state’s government agencies said in a joint statement.[/h] The cruise ship, which made a scheduled return call to Singapore on Tuesday, had declared that none of the passengers and its crew have exhibited symptoms of respiratory illness.
The penalty for false declaration on symptoms includes as long as six months’ imprisonment, the agencies said. The cruise had left Singapore on March 3.
Cruise Ship Rejected by Thailand, Malaysia, to Dock in Singapore
Health workers subjected the disembarking passengers to thermal and visual screenings with most of travelers sent straight to their onward flights or hotels in Singapore. Almost all of the foreign passengers will leave the country within the next two days, according to the statement....:tiphat:https://thepeninsulaqatar.com/artic...s-passengers-for-coronavirus-from-cruise-ship
[h=1]:tiphat:Brussels
Four people quarantined on a cruise ship docked in Zeebrugge[/h] Wednesday, 11 March 2020
Credit: ? Belga
Four people have been quarantined, as a precautionary measure, in their cabins on the cruise ship that has docked in the port of Zeebrugge, the port authority said Wednesday.
None of the four people are showing symptoms at the moment. The ship’s 3,000 passengers are so far not allowed to go ashore. [h=3]“One of these four passengers has been in contact with a German who tested positive for the coronavirus. As a precautionary measure, this person and those accompanying him have been placed in quarantine, but none of them is showing symptoms at the moment. So there is no reason to panic at the moment...:tiphat:https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-n...n-high-demand-include-welder-and-pastry-chef/[/h]
[h=1]Carnival rerouting ships to Nassau following COVID-19 concerns[/h] March 11, 2020
Carnival Cruise Line revealed in a media statement that it will be rerouting ships to Nassau that would have typically called on Grand Turk because the cruise company remains “uncertain about Grand Turk’s policies pertaining to cruise ship visits” in the midst of the global panic caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The article explains that the ship was refused docking because the ship’s declaration of health (MDH) document reported people with cases of influenza-like symptoms on board.
[h=1]Coronavirus: More than 1,000 passengers wait to disembark Grand Princess at Port of Oakland[/h] OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Getting people off the Grand Princess cruise ship at the Port of Oakland is taking a little bit longer than expected. Some passengers are still on board, and others have had to wait on charter buses for long periods of time before leaving. [h=2]March 11, 2020[/h] 5 a.m.
More than 1,000 passengers are still on the Grand Princess cruise ship waiting to disembark. The ship has been docked at the Port of Oakland since Monday. As of last night, about 1,400 passengers have gotten off of the ship.
Some people are showing mild symptoms of coronavirus. Those who are not sick enough to need hospital care, but may be contagious, are being quarantined in hotels in San Mateo and Monterey counties. Governor Newsom says the hotels are secure and segregated from the general public.
[h=2]More than 250 Grand Princess passengers arrive at Dobbins Air Force Base in Georgia wearing masks and gloves as they begin 14 days of quarantine after 21 people on board contracted coronavirus[/h]
More than 250 passengers arrived overnight into Dobbins Air Force Base in Georgia for quarantine
In exclusive pictures obtained by DailyMail.com, the passengers were seen wearing face masks and gloves and were assisted off the plane by personnel wearing hazmat clothing
The passengers include 34 Georgia residents and up to 271 people in total
Authorities said none of the individuals have shown symptoms of coronavirus
407 people, including two hundred Canadians, were evacuated late Monday night
999 were evacuated throughout Tuesday, bringing the total number of passengers disembarked to 1,406
There still remains an estimated 1,015 passengers on board and 1,113 crew members
[h=1]Carnival’s Princess Cruises to pause global ship operations for 60 days over coronavirus[/h]
PUBLISHED THU, MAR 12 20208:44 AM EDT William Feuer@WILLFOIA
Carnival’s Princess Cruises announced Thursday it is suspending all operations for two months due to concerns over the rapidly spreading COVID-19 pandemic.
Carnival’s Princess Cruises announced Thursday it is suspending all operations for two months due to concerns over the rapidly spreading COVID-19 pandemic.
[h=1]Canadians quarantined on Grand Princess cruise ship now at CFB Trenton[/h] [h=2]One person has tested positive for coronavirus[/h] NEWS 02:00 PM Brighton Independent
TRENTON — One of the Canadians flown from a cruise ship off the U.S. west coast to Canadian Forces Base Trenton on March 10 has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Public Health Agency of Canada isn’t revealing any details about the patient’s identity.
The person seemed healthy upon leaving the Grand Princess ship in California but was found to have a mild fever and a cough in an assessment at CFB Trenton.
[h=1]All U.S. passengers off virus-struck Grand Princess cruise ship[/h] AFP-JIJI
MAR 14, 2020
SAN FRANCISCO – The operation to evacuate a coronavirus-struck cruise ship was all-but complete Friday, with only a handful of foreign passengers remaining on board the Grand Princess.
The ship carrying around 2,400 passengers was brought into California’s Oakland on Monday after an outbreak on board saw 21 people test positive.
“All American passengers have now disembarked from the Grand Princess,” the California governor’s office said Friday.
A total of 2,446 individuals have been brought ashore, including a small number of crew members from Canada and Britain.
Gov. Gavin Newsom said the ship would remain in Oakland at least until Sunday as repatriation arrangements were made with the countries of the remaining passengers...:tiphat:https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...rincess-cruise-ship-coronavirus/#.XmwpBahKhQI
[h=1]Brazil quarantines cruise ship over suspected COVID-19[/h] Brazilian authorities said Friday they had quarantined a Bahamas-flagged cruise ship with 600 people aboard after a passenger was diagnosed with a suspected case of the new coronavirus.
The man, a 78-year-old Canadian resident, was taken ill as passengers were disembarking in the northeastern resort city of Recife Thursday, developing a fever, cough and breathing trouble, the Pernambuco state health department said in a statement.
Emergency medical services took him to a local health center, then ordered a quarantine for the others on the ship—317 passengers and 291 crew—even though some were already ashore.
[h=1]Cruise ship with sick passenger on board not cleared to enter Malta’s territorial waters[/h] [h=2]13 March 2020, 4:35pm[/h] by Massimo Costa The cruise ship 'Marco Polo', with a sick patient on board showing coronavirus symptoms, will not be allowed into Maltese territorial waters
A cruise ship carrying a sick passenger exhibiting coronavirus symptoms has not been cleared to enter Malta’s territorial waters, MaltaToday is informed.
The Bahamas-flagged Marco Polo, with 1,000 passengers on board, was this afternoon reported to be sailing towards Malta.
Cypriot media reported that the ship had been given the options of anchoring off Cyprus, but that its passenger were not permitted to disembark.
PUBLISHED: 11:57 EDT, 13 March 2020 | UPDATED: 12:18 EDT, 13 March 2020 Half of passengers who were infected with coronavirus on board the Diamond Princess cruise ship were showing no symptoms when they were diagnosed, new research has revealed.
Scientists from Japan, the US and UK drew the shock conclusion after looking at data on 634 cases that had been confirmed by February 20, when almost all of the 3,700 people on board had been tested.
They found that 328 of those were showing no symptoms when the test result came back positive, compared to 308 people who were.
The coronavirus-hit Diamond Princess cruise ship at Yokohama Port near Tokyo on February 26
Kyrgyzstani from Japanese cruise ship tested for coronavirus 30 times: 1 positive, 29 negative – Health Minister
AKIPRESS.COM - Kyrgyzstani from the Diamond Princess cruise ship took the coronavirus test 30 times: 1 test came out positive and 29 were negative, said the Health Minister Kosmosbek Cholponbayev at the press conference in Bishkek on March 13...:tiphat:https://akipress.com/news:637139:Ky...s__1_positive,_29_negative_–_Health_Minister/
[h=1]Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City advised to turn away cruise ship over coronavirus fears[/h] MAR 13, 2020, 9:47 AM SGT HANOI (REUTERS) - Health authorities in the southern Vietnamese city of Ho Chi Minh City want to stop a Bahamas-flagged cruise ship with Italians on board from docking at the economic hub on Friday (March 13) over coronavirus concerns, state media reported.
The Health Department on Thursday advised the People's Committee of the city not to allow passengers on the cruise liner, Silver Spirit, to disembark, the Tuoi Tre newspaper said.
[h=1]:tiphat:‘Marco Polo’ Cruise ship with suspected coronavirus case will not now come to Limassol (Updated)[/h] By Elias Hazou
March 12, 20205 Comments8848
A cruise liner with a suspected coronavirus passenger aboard will ultimately not be stopping over at Limassol on Friday, after initial reports that it would.
Earlier, Transport Minister Yiannis Karousos had said the ship was headed for Cyprus.
“On the instructions of President Anastasiades, the cruise liner will remain in anchorage, therefore there is no question of the passengers disembarking,” Karousos had tweeted.
“Regarding the single passenger’s state of health, we are in contact with the ministry of health on how to deal with it.”
Speaking to the Cyprus Mail, Karousos said there are approximately 1,000 people on board, including passengers and crew.
“It won’t be allowed to dock at Limassol. It will remain in anchorage at sea close to the shore. No one gets off, we’re clear about that,” he said at the time.
[h=1]Grand Princess extends stay at Oakland as more people test positive[/h] Xinhua, March 13, 2020 The coronavirus-striken Grand Princess cruise ship will extend its stay at the port of Oakland until Sunday, as more people have tested positive for COVID-19, according to California Governor Gavin Newsom. It remains unclear how many people have tested positive in addition to the already known 21 positive cases on the ship. As the governor said, "That information is coming in real time."...:tiphat:http://www.china.org.cn/world/2020-03/13/content_75809474.htm
[h=1]Grand Princess Coronavirus Cases Likely Linked To Seattle Cases[/h] Through genetic analysis of virus samples, infectious disease detectives said Friday that the coronavirus cases that appeared on the Grand Princess cruise ship are very likely traceable back to the original Seattle case that spurred the hot spot to our north — and it's therefore likely that more Bay Area cases can be traced back to the Seattle area as well.
ICYMI, genetic sequencing has already occurred on dozens of cases in Seattle that have been traced back to the 35-year-old man being called Patient Zero — though he's surely not the only Patient Zero in the American chapter of this pandemic. As Bloomberg reported, the man arrived back in the U.S. from Wuhan, China on January 15, and he went to an urgent-care facility on January 19 after feeling ill and seeing a CDC alert about the coronavirus. He was fully recovered by January 21, but during the six days in which he was apparently that region's first case of COVID-19, the highly contagious pathogen infected numerous other people, and cascaded into the outbreak they have now — with 37 deaths to date in Washington State and at least 570 cases.
The outbreak in California is clearly behind the one in Washington, and as the Mercury News reports, scientists have looked at the small mutations in virus samples from patients that were on the Grand Princess cruise ship and similarly linked them back — in all likelihood — to that first Seattle case.
[h=1]Coronavirus in NZ: Golden Princess passenger suspected case, ship quarantined in Akaroa[/h] Updated 25 Minutes Ago 15 Mar, 2020 11:50am NZ Herald A cruise ship is being held off the coast of New Zealand with at least one suspected case of coronavirus on board.
Three passengers on the Golden Princess cruise berthed have been quarantined by the ship's doctor.
One of the three has developed symptoms of Covid-19 and is being treated as a suspected case, the Canterbury District Health Board says.
[h=2]REVEALED: More than 600 British passengers are stranded on Caribbean cruise ship and facing a ten-day nightmare trip home as five test positive for coronavirus after outbreak onboard[/h]
Five passengers on the Braemar have already tested positive for Covid-19
Ship was blocked from a string of ports in Bahamas after outbreak onboard
Could be forced to sail back across Atlantic to UK with all passengers on board
More than 600 British passengers – many of them elderly – were tonight stranded on a cruise ship in the Caribbean after it was blocked from a string of ports after a coronavirus outbreak onboard.
Five people on the Braemar, operated by British cruise firm Fred Olsen, have already tested positive for Covid-19 and passengers – including the sick – now face the prospect of a voyage back across the Atlantic lasting up to ten days.
The stricken ship, carrying 682 mostly British passengers and 381 crew, was refused permission to dock in Freetown in the Bahamas due to the outbreak.
[h=1]Chile quarantines 1,300 aboard two cruise ships[/h] Modified: 14/03/2020 - 19:32 Santiago (AFP)
Chile has quarantined more than 1,300 people aboard two cruise ships after an elderly Briton aboard one of them tested positive for the coronavirus, the health ministry announced Saturday.
Both ships are cruising the Chilean fjords in Patagonia.
The 85-year-old man showed symptoms of the virus after getting off the Silver Explorer ship in the far southern port of Caleta Tortel, 2,400 kilometers (1,500 miles) from Santiago.
The man was later transferred to a hospital in the city of Coyhaique where he tested positive for the virus.
"The ship is in quarantine off the port of Castro. The British citizen is in good condition but has tested positive for coronavirus," said Health Minister Jaime Manalich told a press conference.
The other ship, the Azmara Pursuit -- with 665 passengers and nearly 400 crew -- had earlier crossed into Chilean waters from the southern Argentine port of Ushuaia.