Shiloh
Editor, Senior Moderator
1292 cases; 24 deaths: https://www.romania-insider.com/coronavirus-romania-cases-march-27
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Saturday updates, 13:00hrs.
The coronavirus death toll climbed to to 29 in Romania on Saturday, while 1,452 cases have been confirmed so far. 139 patients have been declared cured.
...
1,452 cases have been confirmed with the novel Coronavirus in Romania so far, with 160 new cases since Friday. The newly confirmed patients’ age ranges from 13 to 83 years old.
There 34 patients at intensive care at this moment, with 25 in serious condition. Among those in serious condition there are also two female doctors from the Interior Ministry’s Hospital “Dimitrie Gerota”. Health Minister Nelu Tataru made the announcement today, saying the two woman doctors are in critical condition, with a reserved prognostic. Overall, 184 representatives of the medical staff in Romania are infected with COVID-19.
Coronavirus in Romania: Authorities are ready to move to fourth scenario as number of Covid-19 infection cases nears 2,000; numbers to spike in the next two weeks...
Of the 1,760 confirmed cases, 169 patients have tested negative and have been declared recovered. Meanwhile, 40 people have lost their lives due to the new Covid-19 virus and 31 were in serious condition (on Sunday, March 29, at 13:00).
A total of 2,245 Covid-19 infection cases were confirmed in Romania on March 31, at 13:00, 293 more since the last update provided by the Strategic Communication Group.
Of the total of confirmed cases, 220 people were declared cured and discharged from the hospital: 81 in Bucharest, 55 in Timiș county, 20 in Iași, 16 in Caraș-Severin, 11 in Constanța, 10 in Prahova, 7 in Dolj, 5 in Brașov, 4 in Cluj, 4 in Galați, 2 in Bihor, 1 in Brăila, 1 in Mureș, 1 in Neamț, 1 in Alba, and 1 in Argeș.
At the same time, 69 Covid-19 patients died. They had been admitted at hospitals in Craiova, Bucharest, Iași, Suceava, Arad, Bacău, Timișoara, Cluj, Neamț, Hunedoara, Constanța, Satu Mare, Sibiu and Ialomița
In recent days, hospitals across the country were faced with resignations of doctors and nurses, who say they cannot treat Covid-19 patients without receiving the appropriate protective gear. In Brăila, three doctors working in the emergency and intensive care units resigned, Mediafax reported. Also, several doctors working at the Mioveni Hospital, the newest public hospital in the country, resigned, but the unit’s manager did not accept them.
Coronavirus in Romania: Patients at Suceava County Hospital, released at midnight, without being tested for Covid-19, according to media reports
While the new management of the Suceava County Hospital, the biggest Covid-19 hotspot in Romania, has resigned and the health minister said he would go there personally to check the situation, a testimony from a former patient shows the magnitude of the problems there.
A woman that has spent eight days in this hospital spoke to Digi 24 TV channel about her traumatizing experience there. She said she was released from the hospital at midnight and sent home without knowing if she was infected with the new coronavirus. This happened on the days when the medical crisis at the Suceava County Hospital broke.
“It was the week when the chaos started there and they were overwhelmed, the doctors were infected, I understand. The conditions were beyond reasonable limits. There were only two toilets at each level, without soap, without toilet paper, without disinfectant, in a section that is supposed to treat infectious diseases. Initially we were put together, those tested, unconfirmed, those with pneumonia and those confirmed with COVID. Two, three or four of us had to share the same room,” the woman recalled.
Confirmed cases of coronavirus surpassed 4,000 in Romania on Monday, April 6, according to official data from the Strategic Communication Group.
According to the daily report released on Monday at 13:00, the total number of Covid-19 cases confirmed by tests in Romania went up to 4,057. Meanwhile, 406 patients were declared cured and discharged from the hospital.
The number of patients who have lost their lives due to the novel coronavirus also increased to 157.
Toll. Another 15 people infected with coronavirus have died in Romania, where the death toll now stands at 306. 6,300 have caught the virus and 852 have recovered. 696 infections and 44 deaths were reported among Romanian living abroad. The outbreak is expected to peak over the coming period after a record 500 new cases were reported on Saturday. The authorities emphasise that restrictions and social distancing norms must be respected now more than ever.