• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Qatar: Covid-19 Cases and news - 121,287 cases; 205 deaths

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Qatar reports first case of coronavirus


Qatar's health ministry has reported the first case of a coronavirus infection in the country, according to state-run Qatar News Agency (QNA).

The patient is a 36-year-old Qatari man who was recently evacuated from Iran on a government-chartered plane and had been under quarantine with other evacuees, QNA reported. The health ministry said the infected man is in stable condition.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
February 29, 2020
The Ministry of Public Health announced the registration of the first confirmed case of coronavirus - 2019 (Covid-19) in the country belonging to a 36-year-old Qatari citizen who had recently returned from the Islamic Republic of Iran among the citizens whom the state evacuated on a private plane from the Republic Islamic Iran and those who were subjected to quarantine upon arrival on February 27, and the patient was admitted to the Center for Transitional Diseases under complete isolation and is in stable condition.


This matter was expected to happen due to the spread of the virus in many countries of the world and countries in the region and due to the continuous increase in the number of cases that have been reported in these countries.

The Ministry of Public Health has begun to examine all persons closely related to the patient and implement appropriate quarantine measures, and there is currently no evidence of the spread of the virus in the country, and efforts are currently focused on screening incoming travelers in all outlets of the country.

The Ministry of Public Health continues to take all necessary measures to limit the spread of the virus, and calls on all members of society to exercise caution and apply a set of simple preventive measures to protect against infection including continuous hand washing or the use of hand sanitizers, and to avoid contact with people who have symptoms, and to keep An appropriate distance from other people, using clothes sleeves when sneezing or coughing or using tissue paper and then disposing them appropriately in a closed container. The Ministry of Public Health advises all people who were present in any of the countries that have been reported Injury cases of the virus during the fourteen days past and looked on them symptoms of respiratory infection, a cough and high temperature to contact the hotline of the Ministry on the number (16,000).

The Ministry of Public Health works closely with all of its partners and with the World Health Organization to ensure the application of the latest guidelines and measures to protect public health, and the Ministry of Public Health invites the generous public to visit its website regularly to view the latest information and obtain health advice and guidance, as the Ministry updates the information regularly.

The Ministry calls on citizens and residents to fully cooperate with all preventive measures that it applies, and the Ministry of Public Health renews the warning against circulating rumors or obtaining information in this regard from unreliable sources.
https://www.moph.gov.qa/arabic/mediacenter/News/Pages/NewsDetails.aspx?ItemId=83
 
Source: https://www.gulf-times.com/story/657281/Two-additional-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus-dise


Two additional confirmed cases of coronavirus disease reported in Qatar
March 01 2020 05:48 PM
QNA/Doha

The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) announced Sunday that following further testing, two additional cases of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) have been recorded in the State of Qatar, taking the total of confirmed cases to three.

The two Qatari individuals were evacuated from the Islamic Republic of Iran on a government-chartered plane on 27 February 2020 and have been under full quarantine, the ministry explained in a statement today.

The patients have been transferred to the Communicable Disease Center for treatment under full quarantine and they are in a stable condition, the statement said...
 
March 02, 2020

The Ministry of Public Health today announced the registration of four new cases of coronavirus (Covid 2019) in the State of Qatar


Today, the Ministry of Public Health announced the registration of four new infections with the Corona virus (Covid 2019) in the State of Qatar, including two Qatari citizens and two domestic workers who were accompanying them in travel, and they were evacuated by the state on a private plane from the Islamic Republic of Iran on February 27, And those who were subjected to quarantine upon arrival, bringing the number of confirmed cases of HIV infection in the country to seven cases so far.

The injured were admitted to the Transitional Diseases Center under complete isolation and are in stable condition.
 
Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/qatar-coronavirus-cases-jump-238-day-200311154834214.html


Qatar's coronavirus cases jump by 238 in one day
Infections spike by more than 200 in the tiny Gulf state as officials warn cases likely to increase.
5 hours ago

Qatar announced 238 new confirmed cases of coronavirus on Wednesday saying the number of infections was likely to rise.

The number of coronavirus infections in the energy-rich Gulf state is now 262 so far.

The health ministry said the new cases had been found in quarantine and not mixing among the public.

On Sunday, Qatar announced three coronavirus victims who had "shared accommodation". Wednesday's major spike in cases was related to those three expatriate workers.

The ministry added the number of people infected "is likely to increase among contacts of previously announced patients".

It said "community members to be reassured that all declared cases enjoy a very good health condition and receive medical care at the Center for Transitional Diseases"....
 
Source: https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/qatar/coronavirus-17-new-cases-take-qatar-tally-to-320-1.70387893


Coronavirus: 17 new cases take Qatar tally to 320
Also suspends visa-on-arrival facility for many European nationals
Published: March 14, 2020 17:05 Tawfiq Nasrallah, Staff Writer

Dubai: Qatar has detected 17 new coronavirus cases, Qatar News Agency reported citing the country’s Ministry of Public Health.

According to Al Arabiya, the ministry said these patients were in touch with patients among expatriate workers currently in quarantine.

Qatar has now 320 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, making it the country with the highest number of Covid-19 patients in the Middle East after Iran, followed by Bahrain and Kuwait...
 
Source: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/qatar-reports-another-38-people-infected-with-covid-19/1768156

Qatar reports another 38 people infected with COVID-19
Total cases of coronavirus in country rise to 439
Serdar Bitmez | 16.03.2020

DOHA, Qatar

Qatar reported 38 new coronavirus cases on Monday, taking the total number of infections to 439, according to the Health Ministry.

The new cases had contacted with expatriate workers, who are currently quarantined, the ministry said in a statement...
 
Source: https://alkhaleejtoday.co/sport/60944/Coronavirus-Qatar-reports-8-new-cases-total-460.html

Coronavirus: Qatar reports 8 new cases, total 460
Sports
about 2 hours ago REPORT

Aden - Yasmin Abdel Azim - Qatar’s Health Ministry on Thursday announced that eight new coronavirus cases have been recorded in the country, bringing the total number to 460.

It isIt is believed that Qatar has recorded the largest number of COVID-19 cases in the Gulf region believed that Qatar has recorded the largest number of COVID-19 cases in the Gulf region...
 
Source: https://menafn.com/1099892347/11-new-coronavirus-cases-reported-in-Qatar-taking-total-to-481

11 new coronavirus cases reported in Qatar taking total to 481
Date
3/21/2020 4:16:07 PM

(MENAFN - The Peninsula) Doha: The Ministry of Public Health today announced 11 new positive cases of coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19) in Qatar, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 481.

MOPH said in a statement today, that most of the new cases are linked to travelers who have recently come to the State of Qatar, two of them are Qatari citizens, while the others are expatriates. The new confirmed cases have been put in complete isolation, and they receive the necessary medical care, the statement added...
 
Source: https://menafn.com/1099900516/7-new-coronavirus-cases-in-Qatar-taking-total-to-501

7 new coronavirus cases in Qatar taking total to 501
Date 3/24/2020 1:20:15 AM


(MENAFN - The Peninsula) Ministry of Public Health today announced seven new confirmed cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) in Qatar, while four people have now recovered.

The new cases include travellers who recently came to Qatar, two expatriate workers, and two Qatari citizens...
 
Source: https://menafn.com/1099912409/11-new-COVID-19-cases-in-Qatar-total-now-537

11 new COVID-19 cases in Qatar, total now 537
Date 3/25/2020 3:08:34 PM

(MENAFN - The Peninsula) The Ministry of Public Health today announced the registration of 11 new confirmed cases of coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19) in Qatar taking the total to 537.

Some of the new cases are related to the travellers who came recently to Qatar and others belong to people in contact with infected cases, including five cases of Qatari citizens...
 
Source: https://thepeninsulaqatar.com/article/27/03/2020/13-new-Covid-19-cases,-total-562-in-Qatar


27 Mar 2020 - 19:20
13 new Covid-19 cases, total 562 in Qatar
The Peninsula Online

Ministry of Public Health today announces the registration of 13 new confirmed cases of coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19) in the State of Qatar. The total number stands at 562

Some new cases are related to travelers who came to the State of Qatar and others to contacts. The new cases have been put into quarantine and are receiving the necessary medical care...
 
Back
Top