• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Philippines-Health execs probe dengue outbreak in Laguna

Niko

Editor, Senior Moderator
Health execs probe dengue outbreak in Laguna

By Marlon Ramos
Inquirer
Last updated 04:36pm (Mla time) 11/07/2006

CABUYAO, Laguna -- Provincial and national health officials have dispatched a team to a relocation site to check on the reported dengue outbreak in the area on Tuesday.

In a mobile phone interview with the Inquirer, Dr. Alsaneo Lagos, provincial health officer, said he has deployed a team of epidemiological experts to confirm reports that the number of deaths caused by dengue has risen to an alarming level at the Southville Housing Project here.

Lagos said the results of their examination will be known later in the day.

Residents said at least 10 Southville residents have died of dengue over the last two months.

Lagos said the provincial health office had also received reports that two children, aged 3 and 5, from the housing area had died of dengue in Mandaluyong City a few days ago.

?These are still unconfirmed reports. That?s why we?re coming over to the place to find out if these are true,? Lagos told the Inquirer.

He said they will visit the relatives of the supposed victims and check for possible breeding grounds of mosquitoes in the area.

Lagos admitted that the number of reported dengue cases in the province has increased from last year.

Located within the barangays (villages) of Niugan, Marinig and Banaybanay in Cabuyao, the 53-hectare Southville relocation site houses over 7, 500 families from Makati City, Manila and nearby Laguna towns, who have been displaced by the Northrail-Southrail Linkage Project.

Since their relocation to the area last year, most of the Southville residents have been without electricity and potable water. Residents have also reported deaths supposedly from typhoid fever.

Just a few months ago, Vice President and housing czar Noli de Castro ordered the closure of a garbage dump near the relocation site, which many residents said was the cause of skin diseases and water-borne ailments in the area.

http://globalnation.inq7.net/news/news/view_article.php?article_id=31087
 
Back
Top