• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Ontario, Canada: 2025 Measles

Source: https://www.castanet.net/news/Canad...les-cases-in-Ontario-public-health-data-shows

Fewer new measles cases in Ontario, public health data shows
Measles spread slowing
Nicole Ireland, The Canadian Press - Jul 3, 2025 / 2:28 pm | Story: 559750​

A Public Health Ontario report released Thursday suggests a continuing downward trend in new measles cases.

The health agency reported 12 new cases in the province, down from 33 additions last week and 96 the week before that.

Two more people were infected with the highly contagious disease in a northern region that includes Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding areas. That region had been showing the biggest increase in cases for a few weeks.

Meanwhile, four more people were infected in southwestern Ontario — the area that was hardest hit for months.

Public health officials acknowledged the declining trend but also noted that new cases still emerge weekly and that a reporting lag means it’s possible that infections from previous weeks have not yet been reported.

PHO explained that numbers will dip during an outbreak “as the proportion of susceptible people in communities become immune, through vaccination or infection.”

“PHO will continue to monitor measles data and activity closely in the coming weeks and months,” it said by email.

Ontario has had a total of 2,223 measles cases since an outbreak linked to travel in New Brunswick began last October.

Thursday’s report also deducted one case that had previously been reported in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph. PHO would not reveal details, citing privacy reasons, but said some cases may be reclassified following an investigation.​..
 
Source: https://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/2025/07/08/new-measles-exposure-in-huron-perth-health-region-2/

New Measles Exposure In Huron-Perth Health Region
Fadi Didi
Jul 8, 2025 | 4:00 AM​

St. Marys is the latest town in the Huron-Perth health region with a measles exposure.

Huron Perth Public Health says the exposure occurred June 28th in the Emergency Department of St. Marys Memorial Hospital.

Several exposures were announced in early June at locations around Stratford and Mitchell.​..
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/measles-exposure-1.7585321

Hamilton public health says possible measles exposures at Costco, Service Ontario
An adult and infant have contracted the virus
Samantha Beattie · CBC News · Posted: Jul 15, 2025 11:00 AM EDT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago​

Hamilton public health says it's investigating two cases of measles, in an infant and adult, and is warning residents they may have been unknowingly exposed to the virus.

The two patients contracted the virus through travel, said public health in a news release Tuesday.

The agency is now notifying those they came into direct contact with as well as members of the public who went to the following places in Hamilton:

Service Ontario, 50 Dundurn St. S., Unit 10, July 7 from 1 to 3:30 p.m.

Costco-Ancaster, 100 Legend Ct., July 7 from 3 to 8 p.m.

Upper Gage Clinic and Gage Pharmacy, 1050 Upper Gage Ave., Unit 3, July 9 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Ellen Fairclough Building in Service Ontario as well as the main lobby, elevators and fourth floor, 119 King St. W. from 3:30 to 7 p.m...


 
Source: https://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/200076

Officials warn of possible measles exposure at church in Bowmanville
July 23, 2025 | 3:41 pm

P​ublic health are out with a warning after a person visited a local church while contagious with measles.

It happened at Salem United Reformed Church, at 2607 Concession Road 4 in Bowmanville.

If you were at the church on Sunday, July 20 – between 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., or between 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. – you will want to monitor yourself for symptoms until August 10.

Officials say the patient is from outside of Durham Region.​..
 
Source: https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/n...les-exposure-on-recent-chi-cheemaun-crossings

Potential for measles exposure on recent Chi-Cheemaun crossings
Public health says potential exposure to measles occurred on July 17 and July 21 crossings
Author of the article: The Sun Times
Published Jul 25, 2025

The public is being advised about the possibility of being exposed to measles on two recent crossings of the Chi-Cheemaun ferry between Tobermory and Manitoulin Island.
Article content

As part of a contract tracing investigation, Public Health Sudbury and District has identified and shared with Grey Bruce Public Health that individuals could have been exposed to the measles virus while aboard the Chi-Cheemaun on July 17 and 21.​

The potential exposure times included the 11 a.m, crossing from South Baymouth to Tobermory and 1:15 p.m. crossing from Tobermory to South Baymouth on July 17; and on the 1:15 p.m. crossing from Tobermory to South Baymouth and the 3:30 p.m. crossing from South Baymouth to Tobermory on July 21...
 
Source: https://windsorite.ca/2025/07/possible-public-measles-exposure-notification-3/

Possible Public Measles Exposure Notification
windsoriteDOTca News Staff
Wednesday July 30th, 2025, 5:20pm

The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit asks anyone who visited the location(s) listed below on the identified date(s) to monitor themselves for symptoms of measles for up to 21 days from the date of exposure. Individuals can contact a healthcare provider to review their immunity status...

​.. Real Canadian Superstore Talbot Street
201 Talbot Street East in Leamington
Saturday, July 26th, 2025, 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Entire Building


 
Source: https://nanaimonewsnow.com/2025/08/...ngle-digits-for-the-first-time-since-january/

New Ontario measles cases down to single digits for the first time since January
Aug 7, 2025 | 9:42 AM

TORONTO — Health officials in Ontario are reporting that the number of new measles cases are down to the single digits for the first time since January.

That’s based on weekly data release by Public Health Ontario, which shows eight measles cases reported over the past week, bringing the province’s total to 2,360 infections since an outbreak began in October.

The last time the province reported new cases in the single digits was on Jan. 16 when just two cases were added to the tally.

But as the outbreak expanded, health officials were at times dealing with hundreds of new infections per week.

The latest data shows most of the cases between July 29 and Aug. 5 were in Southwestern Ontario, Canada’s former measles hot spot.

Last month, the southwestern local public health unit reported no new cases for the first time since a spring surge.​..
 
Source: https://ottawacitizen.com/news/ottawa-measles-exposures

Ottawa Hospital, public health warn of possible measles exposures in the city
The Ottawa Hospital and Ottawa Public Health are notifying residents of locations of possible measles exposures.
Author of the article:
By Elizabeth Payne
Published Aug 14, 2025
Last updated 5 hours ag​o

Officials from The Ottawa Hospital are notifying staff, physicians and in-patients who might have been exposed to measles after a patient spent hours waiting in the emergency department of the hospital’s General campus earlier this week before being diagnosed with measles.
Article content

The patient arrived at the hospital on Aug. 11 and waited in the emergency department until the early hours of Aug. 12 before being assessed, said Dr. Eric Eckbo, an infection control physician at The Ottawa Hospital. Measles was suspected based on an examination and infection control precautions were immediately put in place, including masking and isolation, and Ottawa Public Health was contacted, he said. The infection was confirmed through a lab test.​..

...OPH is advising people who visited the following locations in Ottawa on specific dates and times to monitor their symptoms for 21 days. That includes:
Article content

Shoppers Drug Mart, 702 Bank St., Aug. 5 at 9-11:30 p.m.
Michaels at Trainyards, Aug. 5 at 8:15-10:30 p.m.
Fitness Lab, 34 Beech St., Aug. 6 at 5:45-8:45 a.m.
Wilf and Ada’s, 510 Bank St., Aug. 7 at 12:30-4 p.m.
Izakaya Shingen, 201 Bank St., Aug. 8 at 5-8 p.m.
Cineplex Odeon (Fantastic 4 – 6:50 showtime), 2385 City Park Dr., Aug 8 at 6:35-10:50 p.m.​..
 
Source: https://www.insidehalton.com/news/o...cle_85af7f8a-d6a8-5b99-85b4-3d69c31c32a7.html


Ontario reports a few new outbreak-related measles cases over the past week
The new cases bring Ontario’s total to 2,362 confirmed or probable measles cases since the multi-jurisdictional outbreak was declared on Oct. 18.
metroland-staff
By Metroland Staff Insidehaltoncom
Thursday, August 14, 2025
Article was updated 6 hrs ago

Ontario is continuing to see significantly lower numbers of new measles infections.

Public Health Ontario reported just three new outbreak-related cases over the past week in its Aug. 14 enhanced epidemiological summary. However, because of a reporting adjustment that removed a previously reported case, Ontario reported an overall increase of just two new outbreak-related cases.

The weekly summary includes information up to Aug. 12 at 7 a.m.​

The latest figures come a week after only eight new cases were reported Aug. 7, the first time in months Ontario saw a single-digit infection rate.

The most recently reported cases bring Ontario’s total measles case count (connected to a multi-jurisdictional and a travel-related outbreak first reported in New Brunswick on Oct. 18) to 2,362 cases (2,050 confirmed, 312 probable).

“While the downward trend in weekly case counts suggests that transmission may be slowing, continued vigilance is needed,” Public Health Ontario said in its summary.

So far in 2025, there have been 2,366 measles cases (2,080 confirmed, 286 probable) reported in Ontario — 41 of which weren’t linked to the multi-jurisdictional outbreak and are not included in the outbreak numbers.

The latest summary shows among all outbreak cases, 73.1 per cent were infants, children and adolescents, while 26.3 per cent were adults. The age of the remaining patients is unknown.​..
 
Source: https://www.bramptonguardian.com/ne...cle_23ad10a1-c773-5044-8f2d-94e35546e736.html

Ontario reports 1 new measles case over the past week
The new case brings Ontario’s total to 2,363 confirmed or probable measles cases since the multi-jurisdictional outbreak was declared on Oct. 18, 2024.
metroland-staff
By Metroland Staff Insidehaltoncom
Thursday, August 21, 2025

​The number of new measles cases in Ontario keeps dropping.

The province reported just one new outbreak-related case over the past week, the third straight week of single-digit infection growth in Ontario.

Public Health Ontario reported the information in its Aug. 21 enhanced epidemiological summary. The weekly summary includes information up to Aug. 19 at 7 a.m.​..
 
Source: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/yo...cle_2894012f-557e-4d17-8193-4707adfee37f.html

York Region Public Health warning of measles outbreak linked to Thornhill convenience store

Four cases of measles are associated with the store near Bathurst Street and Clark Avenue in the city of Vaughan.
Updated 2 hrs ago
Sept. 5, 2025
Anastasia-Blosser
By Anastasia BlosserStaff Reporter

York Region Public Health (YRPH) has declared a measles outbreak connected to a convenience store in Thornhill.

Four cases of measles are associated with the outbreak, which is unrelated to another ongoing outbreak in Southwestern Ontario.

People who went to Becker’s Convenience Store, near Bathurst Street and Clark Avenue, in the city of Vaughan, between 2:45 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. on Tuesday may have been exposed.

Anyone who was there during those times should confirm they have two doses of measles vaccine, fill out a follow-up survey online and monitor for symptoms for three weeks.​..
 
Source: https://ottawacitizen.com/news/measles-exposure-warning-ottawa

Measles exposure warning issued by Ottawa Public Health
Five people who contracted the virus are related and they attended a pair of Ottawa churches in recent weeks.
Author of the article:
By Staff Reporter
Published Oct 21, 2025
Last updated 2 hours ago​

Ottawa Public Health has issued a notice about possible exposure to five related individuals with confirmed measles infections at two area churches within the past three weeks.
Article content

The advisory issued Tuesday said it was intended to reach individuals who may have been exposed, but could not be approached directly by Ottawa Public Health or whose contact information was incomplete or unavailable. The agency has been directly notifying individuals whose contact information is available, it said.

People who attended St. George’s Parish at 415 Piccadilly Ave., between 9 a.m. and 12 noon between Sept. 29 and Oct. 2 were advised to monitor for symptoms until Oct. 23, even if they were previously vaccinated.​

Anyone who attended St. Clement Parish at Saint Anne Church at 528 Old St. Patrick St. between 10:20 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Oct. 12 was advised to monitor for symptoms until Nov. 2...
 
Source: https://ottawacitizen.com/news/ottawa-new-measles-public-exposure

Ottawa Public Health investigating new measles cases and possible public exposure
A week after Ottawa Public Health confirmed a cluster of five measles cases in the city, it is investigating two new related infections.
Author of the article:
By Elizabeth Payne
Published Oct 29, 2025
Last updated 1 hour ago​

A week after Ottawa Public Health confirmed a cluster of five measles cases in the city, it is investigating two new related infections.
Article content

OPH is also warning residents of an additional six times and places around the city where people might have been exposed to the highly infectious viral illness over the past 11 days. More locations might be added to the list, OPH said in a statement.

OPH is asking anyone who may have been exposed to monitor for symptoms and to check their vaccination status.​

There have been 12 cases of measles in Ottawa this year, the majority of them travel-related and contained without community spread...


Here is a list of the most recent possible exposure sites and times.

Possible exposure locations
Individuals who visited the following locations in Ottawa, on the dates and times below, may have been exposed to the measles virus.

IKEA at 2685 Iris St.
When: Saturday, Oct. 18, between 11:30 am and 1:45 pm, monitor until Saturday, Nov. 8

Real Canadian Superstore at 190 Richmond Rd.
When: Saturday, Oct. 18, between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., monitor until Saturday, Nov. 8
When: Wednesday, Oct. 22, between 4 and 7:30 p.m., monitor until Wednesday, Nov. 12
When: Thursday, Oct. 23, between 4:55 and 7:30 p.m., monitor until Thursday, Nov. 13

Food Basics at 667 Kirkwood Ave.
When: Saturday, Oct. 18, between noon and 2:15 p.m., monitor until Saturday, Nov. 8

Shoppers Drug Mart at 1309 Carling Ave.
When: Wednesday, Oct. 22 between 5:45 and 8 p.m., monitor until Wednesday, Nov. 12​...
 
Source: https://www.kenoraminerandnews.com/...-kenora-several-infection-hotspots-identified

Measles detected in Kenora, several infection hotspots identified
Author of the article: Miner and News
Published Dec 30, 2025

​The Northwestern Health Unit (NWHU) is responding to a case of the measles in Kenora.
Article content

According to the local health unit, the highly contagious virus – which has been on the rise across North America in recent weeks and months – has regrettably made its way to the Kenora district, with one person having been confirmed to have contracted it.

The individual in question is following the “appropriate public health measures,” officials said via news release on Dec. 29, but if any other community members were present at the following locations on the following days, who have not been vaccinated for the virus, they need to call the health unit immediately:

Lake of the Woods District Hospital emergency room on Monday, Dec. 22 from 6:00-10:00 p.m.
The Kenora Public Library (on Main Street) on Tuesday, Dec. 23 from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lake of the Woods District Hospital emergency room on Friday, Dec. 26 from 3:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 27​...
 
Back
Top