• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

N.B. COVID-19 roundup

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/n-b-covid-19-roundup-1.6248184

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 60 new cases; outbreaks declared at 3 First Nations communities
Outbreaks at Metepenagiag, Natoaganeg and Esgenoôpetitj First Nations
Miriam Lafontaine · CBC News · Posted: Nov 13, 2021 2:49 PM AT | Last Updated: 40 minutes ago

The New Brunswick government has declared COVID-19 outbreaks on three First Nations in the Miramichi region.

The outbreaks were detected by Public Health in Metepenagiag First Nation (Red Bank), Natoaganeg First Nation (Eel Ground), and Esgenoôpetitj First Nation (Burnt Church).

The province's rapid outbreak teams has been deployed to assist the communities and speed up testing.

Eight of the cases are in Esgenoôpetitj First Nation, four were discovered in Natoaganeg First Nation and two were found in Metepenagiag First Nation.

"An outbreak is declared as a means of securing more resources to help with COVID-19 related cases," said Metepenagiag Chief Bill Ward in a post on Facebook. "This DOES NOT mean that our cases are out of control."...

...The province reported 60 new cases of the virus in a media release issued Saturday.

Eighty-nine people are listed as recovered, bringing the number of active cases in the province to 551. Tests done so far during the pandemic total 536,123, including 1,049 done since Friday's update.

Thirty-nine cases are among those who are unvaccinated while 35 are among those fully vaccinated, the release states.

Twenty-two people are in hospital, including 11 in intensive care. Of the 22 in hospital, 16 are unvaccinated, one is partially vaccinated and five are fully vaccinated.

No one under the age of 19 is in the hospital because of the virus...
 
Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/8378202/nb-covid-19-update-nov-16-2021/


COVID-19: N.B. reports 34 new cases, outbreaks at 7 First Nations communities
By Rebecca Lau Global News
Posted November 16, 2021 4:19 pm

New Brunswick reported 34 new COVID-19 cases and 43 recoveries on Tuesday.

This brings the province’s active case count to 516.

There are now 22 people in hospital, including 14 people in ICU.

As well, Public Health is assisting seven First Nations communities in the province currently dealing with outbreaks of COVID-19...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...ination-status-cases-hospital-rates-1.6251981

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 82 new cases, province stops reporting vaccination status of hospitalized
Only rates per 100,000 for new cases, hospitalizations, ICU admissions now provided on the COVID-19 dashboard
Bobbi-Jean MacKinnon · CBC News · Posted: Nov 17, 2021 2:02 PM AT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago


New Brunswick recorded 82 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the highest single-day jump in more than a month, and the provincial government has stopped reporting the vaccination status of new cases, people hospitalized and in intensive care with COVID-19.
Instead, it provides only the rates of cases, hospitalizations and ICU admissions per 100,000 New Brunswickers based on their vaccination status on the COVID-19 dashboard.

The Department of Health says this gives "a more accurate picture."...

...
There are now 565 active cases across the province.

Thirty people are in hospital because of the virus, an increase of eight, including 16 in intensive care, an increase of two.

No one under the age of 19 is in hospital...
 
Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/n-b-imp...ne-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19-1.5672007

N.B. imposes self-isolation requirements on households where someone has tested positive for COVID-19
Ryan Van Horne
CTVNewsAtlantic.ca Digital Co-ordinator
Updated Nov. 18, 2021 6:07 p.m. EST
Published Nov. 18, 2021 3:27 p.m. EST

HALIFAX -

With transmission within private households the cause of 49 per cent of new cases in New Brunswick, the province is implementing tougher self-isolation rules to combat the spread of COVID-19.

"Beginning (Friday) on Nov. 19 at 6 p.m., when someone in a household tests positive for COVID-19, everyone in that household must also self-isolate (for 14 days), regardless of vaccination status," New Brunswick Premier Blaine Higgs said Thursday afternoon during a news conference in Fredericton. "This measure will be in place throughout New Brunswick. Household members who are fully vaccinated however, and test negative with a PCR test, will be able to leave isolation. This is because we recognize that even though you've been vaccinated, you could still be a carrier."

In a news release from Public Health, officials said that household members who are fully vaccinated will be able to leave isolation with a Day 5 negative PCR test. A Day 10 PCR test must still be taken to confirm the negative result...

... New Brunswick's chief medical officer, Dr. Jennifer Russell, said there are 72 new cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick.

"The cases remain high which continues to threaten our hospital system," Russell said. "Over the past week, 49 per cent of new COVID-19 cases reported in New Brunswick were the result of transmission within private households."

On Wednesday, New Brunswick reported 82 new cases, which was the highest number in a month.

"Today's number of new cases is 72, above a rolling seven-day average of 60 new cases per day," Russell said. "We have also seen a slight increase in the number of people admitted to hospital and to ICU wards, most of whom are unvaccinated."

Russell said Thursday that there are 28 people in hospital with COVID-19 and 14 of them are in intensive care...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...break-ridgewood-veterans-dorchester-1.6255110

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 90 new cases, vaccine doses for young children arrive next week
Details of rollout plan to be announced next week
Bobbi-Jean MacKinnon · CBC News · Posted: Nov 19, 2021 12:56 PM AT | Last Updated: 18 minutes ago

Latest

Outbreak declared at Ridgewood Veterans Wing
Outbreak at prison
607 active cases
New household isolation rules take effect at 6 p.m.
Circuit breakers end at 6 p.m.
Cases confirmed at school, 2 child-care facilities
Atlantic COVID roundup..
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/nb-covid-roundup-201121-1.6256984

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 67 new cases, 81 recoveries
Total active case count at 593
CBC News · Posted: Nov 20, 2021 3:22 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Public Health is reporting 67 new cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick on Saturday.

The new cases, combined with 81 recoveries, brings the total number of active cases to 593...

...There are 30 people hospitalized because of COVID-19, including 17 in intensive care.

There have been 7,579 cases of COVID-19 reported in the province since the beginning of the pandemic. There have been 6,863 recoveries and 122 deaths...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...swick-schools-cases-operational-day-1.6257929

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 19 cases confirmed at 17 schools
Vaccination plan for young children expected this week
Bobbi-Jean MacKinnon · CBC News · Posted: Nov 22, 2021 11:58 AM AT | Last Updated: 19 minutes ago

Latest

Outbreak at Moncton Hospital
Vaccination plan for young children expected this week
157 new cases reported over weekend
Reminder of restrictions on private gatherings
Storm closes 2 mobile rapid test pickup sites
Atlantic COVID roundup
Public exposure notices...

......Public Health reported 90 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, and 67 new cases on Saturday.

There are 640 active cases across the province.

Thirty-two people are hospitalized because of the virus, including 18 in intensive care...

...Nova Scotia reported one new COVID-related death and a three-day total of 60 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday. The province now has 193 active cases. Sixteen people are in hospital with the virus, including seven in intensive care.

Newfoundland and Labrador reported a three-day total of three new cases of COVID-19 on Monday. The province's active case count has dropped to 12 — the lowest it has been since Aug. 18. One person is in hospital because of the virus.

Prince Edward Island reported two new cases Sunday. The province has 18 active cases...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...ren-pfizer-pediatrician-pharmacists-1.6259173

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 1 death, 75 new cases, parents can book vaccination for children 5-11
No immediate plan to make vaccination in schools mandatory or to require proof of vaccination, province says
Bobbi-Jean MacKinnon · CBC News · Posted: Nov 23, 2021 10:34 AM AT | Last Updated: 5 minutes ago

Latest

Pediatrician explains potential, mild side-effects
2 more outbreaks at Moncton Hospital
Breakdown of new cases
Cases at 2 schools, 1 preschool
Atlantic COVID roundup
Public exposure notices...

...Atlantic COVID roundup

Nova Scotia reported 29 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, bringing the active caseload to 184. Eighteen people are in hospital with the virus, including six in intensive care.

Prince Edward Island announced seven new cases and has 28 active cases.

Newfoundland and Labrador reported a three-day total of three new cases of COVID-19 on Monday. The province's active case count has dropped to 12 — the lowest it has been since Aug. 18. One person is in hospital because of the virus.
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...unswick-moncton-zoo-animals-vaccine-1.6260644

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 6,200 young children booked for vaccine, 87 new cases
45 people in hospital, including 19 in intensive care
Bobbi-Jean MacKinnon · CBC News · Posted: Nov 24, 2021 3:19 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

...692 active cases

Public Health reported 87 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday and 60 more recoveries, putting the province's active case count at 692, up from 665.

Forty-five people are in hospital with COVID-19, including 11 who contracted the virus while hospitalized for other reasons because of outbreaks at the Moncton Hospital, according to a news release. There are now outbreaks on four units, affecting 20 patients.

Nineteen people are in intensive care, an increase of one.

No one under 19 is hospitalized....

...Atlantic COVID roundup

Nova Scotia reported 20 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the active caseload to 172. Eighteen people are in hospital, including six in intensive care.

Newfoundland and Labrador confirmed another COVID-related death Wednesday and four new cases of COVID-19 since Monday. There are 13 active cases and one person is in hospital.

Prince Edward Island announced seven new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday and has 36 active cases...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/nb-covid-roundup-school-vaccines-1.6262230

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 95 new cases reported as vaccine plan for kids expands
Health minister says restrictions may be stepped up before Christmas if case count keeps rising
Miriam Lafontaine · CBC News · Posted: Nov 25, 2021 1:20 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Latest

Moncton region leads new case count, with 28
New cases at 5 schools
After-school vaccinations coming to eight schools
Visits suspended at Stella-Maris-de-Kent Hospital
Atlantic Canada roundup
New potential exposures

New Brunswick reported 95 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday and 44 more recoveries, putting the province's active case count at 743, up from 692.

Fifty-five people are in hospital with COVID-19, including 18 in intensive care, Public Health said in a release.

One of the people in hospital is under 19...

...Atlantic COVID roundup

Nova Scotia reported 22 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the active caseload to 169. Seventeen people are in hospital, including five in intensive care.

Newfoundland and Labrador confirmed another COVID-related death Wednesday and four new cases of COVID-19 since Monday. There are 13 active cases and one person is in hospital.

Prince Edward Island announced seven new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday and has 36 active cases....
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/new-brunswick-covid-roundup-nov-26-1.6264060

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 99 new cases, first children in newly eligible group get shots
Brothers Max and Luc Corman first to receive the pediatric vaccine in Fredericton
CBC News · Posted: Nov 26, 2021 3:23 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Latest

787 active cases across province
How the numbers break down
More cases at the Moncton Hospital
7 schools currently affected
New public exposure notices...

...787 active cases across province

Along with the 99 new cases of COVID on Friday, Public health reported 55 more recoveries, putting the province's active case count at 787, up from 743.

Fifty-six people are in hospital with COVID-19, including 18 in intensive care, according to the daily news release.

The one person under 19 who has hospitalized because of COVID-19 Thursday is no longer in hospital.

A total of 87.8 per cent of New Brunswickers aged 12 or older are now fully vaccinated, up from 87.7 per cent, and 93.5 per cent have received their first dose, unchanged from the last update.

New Brunswick has had 8,087 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic, including 7,176 recoveries and 123 COVID-related deaths...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...l-vaccination-rate-children-omicron-1.6266370

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 1 death, 46 new cases, 2,991 young children get 1st dose
64 people hospitalized with COVID, 23 of them contracted virus while in hospital for other reasons
CBC News · Posted: Nov 29, 2021 12:39 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Public Health reported one new COVID-related death and 46 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday and 2,991 children aged five to 11 have now received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine...

...In addition to the 46 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed Monday, Public Health also reported 132 recoveries, putting the province's active case count at 706, down from 793.

Sixty-four people are in the hospital, an increase of two. One person is under 19.

Seventeen people are in intensive care.

"Though the number of people currently hospitalized is of concern, 23 individuals contracted COVID-19 while already in hospital for another reason," Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health, said in a statement.

"Steps are being taken to ensure that the virus does not spread further in hospitals in Moncton and Saint John."...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...spital-outbreak-omicron-masks-court-1.6267726

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: 1 death, 55 new cases, 66 in hospital
COVID 'winter plan' coming, says Health Minister Dorothy Shephard
CBC News · Posted: Nov 30, 2021 3:11 PM AT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

COVID-19 has claimed another New Brunswick life and infected 55 more people, Public Health announced Tuesday.

A person in their 70s in the Fredericton region, Zone 3, has died as a result of COVID-19, raising the pandemic death toll to 125.

Sixty-six people are in hospital with the virus, including 15 in intensive care. Two of the people hospitalized are under 19.

Twenty-seven of the hospital patients contracted COVID-19 while already in hospital for another reason, said Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health, pointing to outbreaks at the Moncton Hospital, Saint John Regional Hospital and Miramichi Regional Hospital.

"The numbers are concerning. There's no getting away from that," said Health Minister Dorothy Shephard...


....Atlantic COVID roundup

Nova Scotia reported 61 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, bringing the active caseload in the province to 200. Thirteen people are in hospital with COVID-19, including four in intensive care.

Prince Edward Island reported one new case Tuesday. The province has 29 active cases.

Newfoundland and Labrador reported nine new cases Monday. The province has 21 active cases and one person is in hospital.
 
Back
Top