• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Jordan confirms new death of MERS virus infection

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.aspx?id=217649

Jordan confirms new death of MERS virus infection
May 12,2014

AMMAN, May 11 (Xinhua) -- Jordan confirmed on Sunday a new death of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus infection that has been spreading throughout the region.

An official with the Health Ministry said that a nurse who works at a private hospital tested positive for the deadly virus last week and died on Sunday.

Nine MERS cases have been detected in Jordan since 2012, of whom five have died...

*************************

Source: http://jordantimes.com/government-urges-caution-as-5th-mers-death-reported

Government urges caution as 5th MERS death reported
by Khetam Malkawi | May 11, 2014 | 23:04


AMMAN ? As Jordan registered its fifth Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus-related fatality on Sunday, health authorities called on the public to take the necessary precautions since there is still no medication for the virus.

Mohammad Abdullat, director of the Health Ministry?s communicable diseases directorate, said the ministry, along with other private medical facilities, is taking extra safety measures to protect the public, but urged people to be careful.

The ministry official warned that people, whether young or old, with or without a medical history, should ?be alert?, as the latest fatality was a 28-year old man.

The man, who was a nurse at a private hospital, was diagnosed with MERS on Saturday, the ministry said, adding that he dealt with another MERS patient.


According to ministry figures, nine cases of MERS have been registered in the Kingdom since 2012.

Of the five deaths registered in Jordan, three were medics.
 
Back
Top