Shiloh
Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.aspx?id=217649
Jordan confirms new death of MERS virus infection
May 12,2014
AMMAN, May 11 (Xinhua) -- Jordan confirmed on Sunday a new death of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus infection that has been spreading throughout the region.
An official with the Health Ministry said that a nurse who works at a private hospital tested positive for the deadly virus last week and died on Sunday.
Nine MERS cases have been detected in Jordan since 2012, of whom five have died...
*************************
Source: http://jordantimes.com/government-urges-caution-as-5th-mers-death-reported
Government urges caution as 5th MERS death reported
by Khetam Malkawi | May 11, 2014 | 23:04
AMMAN ? As Jordan registered its fifth Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus-related fatality on Sunday, health authorities called on the public to take the necessary precautions since there is still no medication for the virus.
Mohammad Abdullat, director of the Health Ministry?s communicable diseases directorate, said the ministry, along with other private medical facilities, is taking extra safety measures to protect the public, but urged people to be careful.
The ministry official warned that people, whether young or old, with or without a medical history, should ?be alert?, as the latest fatality was a 28-year old man.
The man, who was a nurse at a private hospital, was diagnosed with MERS on Saturday, the ministry said, adding that he dealt with another MERS patient.
According to ministry figures, nine cases of MERS have been registered in the Kingdom since 2012.
Of the five deaths registered in Jordan, three were medics.
Jordan confirms new death of MERS virus infection
May 12,2014
AMMAN, May 11 (Xinhua) -- Jordan confirmed on Sunday a new death of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus infection that has been spreading throughout the region.
An official with the Health Ministry said that a nurse who works at a private hospital tested positive for the deadly virus last week and died on Sunday.
Nine MERS cases have been detected in Jordan since 2012, of whom five have died...
*************************
Source: http://jordantimes.com/government-urges-caution-as-5th-mers-death-reported
Government urges caution as 5th MERS death reported
by Khetam Malkawi | May 11, 2014 | 23:04
AMMAN ? As Jordan registered its fifth Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus-related fatality on Sunday, health authorities called on the public to take the necessary precautions since there is still no medication for the virus.
Mohammad Abdullat, director of the Health Ministry?s communicable diseases directorate, said the ministry, along with other private medical facilities, is taking extra safety measures to protect the public, but urged people to be careful.
The ministry official warned that people, whether young or old, with or without a medical history, should ?be alert?, as the latest fatality was a 28-year old man.
The man, who was a nurse at a private hospital, was diagnosed with MERS on Saturday, the ministry said, adding that he dealt with another MERS patient.
According to ministry figures, nine cases of MERS have been registered in the Kingdom since 2012.
Of the five deaths registered in Jordan, three were medics.