Treyfish
Moderator
Re: Guinea - Hemorrhagic fever killed 78 people with 122 suspected cases - Ebola lab confirmed in 22 cases
Re: Guinea - Hemorrhagic fever killed 78 people with 122 suspected cases - Ebola lab confirmed in 22 cases
..Up to 400 people are identified as potential Ebola contacts in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, Tarik Jasarevic, spokesman for the UN’s World Health Organisation (WHO), told Reuters. “We need find where these people are and check on them,” he said.
Cases were last week confirmed in Conakry, bringing the disease, which was previously limited to remote, lightly populated areas, to the seaside capital of two million people.
Guinea's President Alpha Conde late on Sunday appealed for calm. “My government and I are very worried about this epidemic,” he said, ordering Guineans to take strict precautions to avoid the further spread of the disease.
“I also call on people not to give in to panic or believe the rumours that are fuelling people's fears,” he added.
Liberia has recorded seven suspected and confirmed cases, including four deaths, the WHO said. Health authorities on Monday said a female Ebola patient from Lofa County was admitted to Firestone hospital outside the Liberian capital Monrovia.
Health Minister Walter Gwenigale said authorities were trying to trace the taxi driver who brought her to the hospital. Health sources tol... :tiphat: http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/guinea-calls-for-calm-as-ebola-spreads-1.1668971#.UzozbfldVdw
Re: Guinea - Hemorrhagic fever killed 78 people with 122 suspected cases - Ebola lab confirmed in 22 cases
..Up to 400 people are identified as potential Ebola contacts in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, Tarik Jasarevic, spokesman for the UN’s World Health Organisation (WHO), told Reuters. “We need find where these people are and check on them,” he said.
Cases were last week confirmed in Conakry, bringing the disease, which was previously limited to remote, lightly populated areas, to the seaside capital of two million people.
Guinea's President Alpha Conde late on Sunday appealed for calm. “My government and I are very worried about this epidemic,” he said, ordering Guineans to take strict precautions to avoid the further spread of the disease.
“I also call on people not to give in to panic or believe the rumours that are fuelling people's fears,” he added.
Liberia has recorded seven suspected and confirmed cases, including four deaths, the WHO said. Health authorities on Monday said a female Ebola patient from Lofa County was admitted to Firestone hospital outside the Liberian capital Monrovia.
Health Minister Walter Gwenigale said authorities were trying to trace the taxi driver who brought her to the hospital. Health sources tol... :tiphat: http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/guinea-calls-for-calm-as-ebola-spreads-1.1668971#.UzozbfldVdw
