2020-01-02 21:34
Officials have not clarified suspected SARS cases, netizens forward information, 8 people summoned
The 27 suspected SARS patients in Wuhan have been transferred to the city's Jinyintan Hospital for isolation and treatment, and family members and friends are not allowed to visit. On Thursday (January 2), Wuhan Jianghan District Market Supervision and Administration Bureau and Health and Health Bureau informed that the South China Seafood Market had been closed. However, the details of 27 cases have not yet been officially announced. On Wednesday, Wuhan police alleged that eight people had spread and reposted SARS rumors, so they were summoned.
On January 1st, the epidemic prevention work in Wuhan seemed extremely tense. On the departure flight of Wuhan Airport, full protective clothing personnel were put on board for quarantine. The video also heard someone say, 'We can't go out, there is an infectious disease here.'
This situation is worrying that the pneumonia epidemic is absolutely unusual. By the early morning of January 2, the Wuhan Jianghan District Market Supervision and Administration Bureau and Wuhan Jianghan District Health and Health Bureau issued a notice saying that due to recent cases of pneumonia related to the South China seafood market, it was decided to implement a South China seafood market. During the market break, trading in the South China Seafood Market is not allowed, and the market opening time will be announced separately. As for patients with pneumonia of unknown cause in Wuhan, they have been transferred to a local infectious disease hospital for isolation and treatment on Wednesday. According to the Beijing News, patients were transferred to Jinyintan Hospital the day before yesterday (31st). This is the local designated medical treatment hospital for public health emergencies and a specialist hospital for infectious diseases. All patients were placed in Nansi, the inpatient department. Floor infectious disease ward. Two security guards are stationed outside the ward. Family members, relatives and friends are not allowed to visit. Two days ago, the Wuhan Municipal Health and Health Committee issued a notification that 27 cases of pneumonia of unknown origin appeared in the South China seafood market.
On the one hand, the specific situation of the patients has not been announced, on the other hand, the government has also begun to control public opinion. On the evening of this Wednesday (January 1), the Wuhan Public Security Bureau ’s Weibo account “Ping An Wuhan” stated that recently, some medical institutions in Wuhan had received multiple pneumonia cases, and the municipal health and health committee issued a briefing on this. However, some netizens publish and forward false information on the Internet without verification, causing adverse social impact. After investigation and verification by the public security organs, eight illegal personnel have been summoned and handled according to law. The police reminded that the Internet is not a place outside the law. Posting information and remarks on the Internet should abide by laws and regulations. The police will investigate and punish illegal acts that fabricate and spread rumors and disrupt social order.
Ms. Peng, a resident living near the South China Seafood Market, told Radio Free Asia that the authorities were concerned that the epidemic would affect the image of Wuhan and the seafood market, so she summoned 8 netizens who forwarded the message: 'People who work in the South China Seafood Market are saying, Several rumors caused us no business, fewer customers bought things, and no one came to buy them. These street vendors all said that netizens made rumors. Whoever you say dare to tell the truth, catch it now. At the end of last year, there are now a lot of people here.
Low transparency of the epidemic makes it difficult for people to avoid
However, the authorities have yet to announce the results of 27 patients. Some Chinese netizens have criticized the authorities for controlling speech, preventing the public from taking proper precautions. Some commented: 'During the SARS period in 2003, the government secretly covered a few columns of patients every day, but in the end they left nothing. Now they simply do not report.' Others said, 'In the early days of SARS, the authorities also concealed the epidemic and tried to find ways to ward off rumors. And finally had to bear it, 'and netizens left a message saying that they are even deprived of the right to know the truth.
Ms. Peng said: 'You said that people's food safety is important, but in short, it has not been resolved. There are still junk foods on sale. For example, trench oil, salt, and food are not very reassuring.'
Internet activist Zhang Ruigen said to this station: 'I think the Wuhan government is cracking down on the spread of the truth. They are trying to block the news. Reports and news about the local government will be reversed. They say that rumors mean the truth. They said The truth is false. '
Hong Kong raises vigilance
Zhang Ruigen took the outbreak of SARS in China in 2003 as an example: 'When SARS broke out in 2003, the official also blocked the news and rumored it, and finally the cover could not be covered. Now SARS attacks Wuhan again, they are still the same routine, change the name to It is pneumonia of unknown cause. In short, natural disasters and human disasters, the first thing they think of is not to investigate the truth. The first thing they do is to arrest people and control public opinion. '
In addition to Wuhan, Hong Kong is also alert to the epidemic. On Thursday, a female patient who had been to Wuhan went to Tuen Mun Hospital for treatment. The female patient was treated in an isolation ward. She had a fever, a clear X-ray image of the lungs, and a bird. Both influenza and SARS tests were negative. The woman had been to Wuhan during the Christmas holiday but had not been to a market.
https://botanwang.com/articles/20200...6N3pmo2WM1GgSm