Macau encourages people not to believe rumors.
The Health Bureau once again clarified that a passenger from Wuhan who had a fever has left Australia and an effective communication mechanism has been established with Boqi
source:
Department of Health (SS) Release date: 00:28, January 5, 2020 According to social media rumors, a passenger from Wuhan ’s Sands City Centre recently had fever and refused to go to the hospital.
He subsequently did not actually leave Macau but switched to a hotel. The Health Bureau said that according to the report from the Sands City Centre ’s medical office, The passenger from Wuhan went to the infirmary for treatment on the evening of January 1 due to fever. He did not have symptoms of pneumonia at that time. The central doctor had fever when he followed up with the patient on the 2nd, and the person had already died on January 3.
Leaving Macau; the Health Bureau confirmed that the person concerned had left Macau in the morning of January 3. To this end, the Health Bureau urges people not to forward or believe unconfirmed news. News from the Health Bureau will be distributed through channels such as the Government Information Bureau, the Health Bureau website or official WeChat.
In addition, the Health Bureau also held a working meeting with representatives of local casinos and casinos in Macau with the assistance and coordination of the Gaming Supervision and Coordination Bureau on the 2nd to introduce infectious disease prevention and control measures, including monitoring the epidemic information of the SAR government and cooperating with various Preventive measures; timely release and update information on disease prevention to employees; pay attention to the physical conditions of employees and guests, and
set up fever monitoring equipment at each entrance to detect feverish people; if fever and respiratory symptoms are found, They should be advised to put on a mask and seek medical treatment early, and avoid close contact with other people in the venue; if fever occurs, ask them if they have stayed in Wuhan 14 days before the onset of illness, if so, contact the fire station to arrange an ambulance Earl General Hospital for further examination. If a large number of employees or guests are sick or absenteeism due to illness suddenly increases, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention of the Health Bureau should be notified.
At present, in the case of clusters of unexplained pneumonia in Wuhan, the Mainland, the Health Bureau and gaming casinos have established an effective communication mechanism to deal with possible situations, and are assisting various entertainment venues to purchase temperature monitoring equipment; and casinos are also He said that he would fully cooperate with and implement various policies and measures for the prevention and control of infectious diseases.
https://www.gov.mo/zh-hant/news/312831/
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Macau has upped their response to the Wuhan situation.
The Health Bureau has not received any cases of fever and respiratory symptoms since returning to Australia from Wuhan
source:
Department of Health (SS) Release date: January 4, 2020 23:52
Figure 1: Director Li Zhanrun, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Lin Song, Director of the Executive Committee Office of Macao International Airport Co., Ltd. Luo Songyi and Director of the Airport Operations Department Operations Division Geng Yajun inspected the temporary detention area for suspected infectious disease contacts
In response to the cluster of unexplained pneumonia cases in Wuhan, the Mainland, the Health Bureau has deployed additional staff to strengthen health and quarantine measures at various ports, especially airports, and starting from this morning, the staff of the Public Security Police Department will assist the checkpoints and the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.
Drivers and passengers of entry lanes, land crossings such as cross-industrial areas and lotus land were screened for temperature. No fever patients have been found in Wuhan. From 5 pm yesterday (3) to 5 pm (4), no case reports of fever and respiratory symptoms that have visited Wuhan on the 14th before the onset of illness have been received. From January 1 to the present, the Health Bureau has received a total of 4 cases of fever and respiratory symptoms that have visited Wuhan 14 days before the onset of illness, and all have been diagnosed with viral infections such as influenza or common cold.
In view of the above, the Health Bureau expressed great concern. To this end, Director Li Zhanrun of the Health Bureau, Director Lin Song of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Director Luo Songyi of the Executive Committee Office of Macau International Airport Franchise Co., Ltd., and Geng Yajun, Director of the Operation Division of the Airport Operations Department. The airport was strengthened to communicate the health and quarantine measures for visitors to Australia, and they jointly inspected the airport's temporary holding area for suspected infectious disease contacts. At the same time, Director Li Zhanrun also explained the importance of infectious disease prevention and control measures with frontline staff at the airport.
The Health Bureau reminded frontline medical staff to remain vigilant. If suspicious cases are found, they should be notified in a timely manner and appropriate infection control measures should be taken, including: if a fever or respiratory symptoms patient who stayed in Wuhan within 14 days before the onset of illness is found, Further detailed inspections will be conducted; residents are not required to panic, but they should pay attention to personal hygiene and environmental hygiene, and avoid contact with birds and other animals when traveling to Wuhan or other places; consider wearing masks before crowded places; Avoid going to local hospitals or contacting people who are sick. If you have any discomfort after returning to Australia, you should seek medical treatment as early as possible and explain the travel history to your doctor. If you have any questions, please call the Department of Health's Infectious Diseases Hotline at 28700800 or visit the Department of Health's website for infectious disease information at
www.ssm.gov.mo/csr.
https://www.gov.mo/zh-hant/news/312827/