• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

California: Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Southern California areas COVID-19 cases and news

Cruise Ship Issues Health Advisory to Passengers

DONALD WOOD MARCH 05, 2020Princess Cruises issued a “Health Advisory Letter” to passengers currently sailing or who recently sailed on the Grand Princess ship as health officials are investigating coronavirus cases from a previous voyage.

According to the cruise line’s official website, Princess’ chief medical officer Dr. Grant Tarling said the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was investigating a cluster of coronavirus cases in Northern California connected to a previous Grand Princess sailing from San Francisco between February 11-21.

Passengers currently sailing on the Grand Princess are being asked to remain in their staterooms and anyone who believes they may be experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus should contact health officials onboard.

Travelers who sailed on the previous voyage should also stay in their homes until they’re contacted by medical staff from the CDC...
WkyJabOO_normal.png

Princess Cruises✔@PrincessCruises
? 9h
We have been notified by the @CDCgov that they are investigating a small cluster of COVID-19 cases in Northern California, including guests who sailed on #GrandPrincess from Feb 11-21
...:tiphat:https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/cruise-ship-issues-health-advisory-to-passengers.html
 
MARCH 5, 2020
6:57 AM

Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency over the novel coronavirus after a California man died after falling ill with the virus while on a cruise ship.

Officials are trying to locate hundreds of other Californians who disembarked from the Grand Princess ship in San Francisco last month after a trip to Mexico. Officials want to determine whether they also might have contracted the virus.

more...

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ty-declares-coronavirus-emergency-6-new-cases
 
[h=1]Live coronavirus updates: 1st cases of COVID-19 confirmed in San Francisco, officials say[/h] [h=3]San Francisco announces first cases of novel coronavirus in the city, officials say[/h]
Mayor London Breed announced the first cases of COVID-19 in 2 patients from San Francisco. Officials say both are community transmitted cases and they are unrelated. A first patient is a man in his 90's who is in serious condition with underlying health conditions. The second person is a woman in her 40's who is in fair condition.

https://abc7news.com/health/live-1st-cases-of-covid-19-confirmed-in-sf/5906450/
 
Source: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...s-presumptive-positive-covid-19-test/2279266/
6 AT&T Stores Closed After Employee’s ‘Presumptive’ Positive COVID-19 Test
The CDC has not yet said if the employee has tested positive for the virus COVID-19
By Christina Bravo and Erika Cervantes • Published 8 mins ago • Updated 1 min ago

AT&T closed six stores in San Diego County on Wednesday after an employee was tested for coronavirus -- a test that was anticipated to come back positive, according to a spokesperson for the company...

...The stores closed were either visited by the employee or people in close contact with the employee. They were located in: Chula Vista, Escondido, San Marcos, Oceanside, National City and Vista...
 
Source: https://nypost.com/2020/03/06/three-family-members-in-posh-la-suburb-test-positive-for-coronavirus/

Three family members in posh LA suburb test positive for coronavirus
By Amanda Woods
March 6, 2020 | 11:54am | Updated

Three family members living in an upscale Los Angeles suburb — less than 10 miles from the posh homes of celebs such as Drake, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West — contracted the novel coronavirus, apparently during a ski trip to Italy, according to new reports.

Pam Angel told KCBS-TV that her husband and one of her adult sons are in self-quarantine, but her other son who has underlying health issues is being treated at a local hospital.

“He can’t talk without coughing,” Angel told the station. “He feels like he has a pallet of bricks on his chest, he’s not eating.”

The trio, who live in Tarzana, only about 10 miles from Calabasas — home to Kardashian and West, Drake, Will Smith and Katie Holmes — started feeling sick on a ski trip to Italy, Angel said.

Upon their return home, they tested positive at LAX.

They were among a group of about 15 who visited Cortina d’Ampezzo in the Dolomite Mountains, and returned to the US Feb. 27 feeling unwell, the Daily Mail reported.

The Los Angeles County Health Department confirmed Thursday that seven of its 11 confirmed coronavirus cases involve a group who had recently traveled to northern Italy, according to the Los Angeles Times...
 
Source: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/03/06/coronavirus-la-county-lax-medical-screener/


2 New Cases Of Coronavirus Reported In LA County Including Another LAX Medical Screener
March 6, 2020 at 12:34 pm

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Friday confirmed two more cases of coronavirus in Los Angeles County, bringing the county’s total to 13.

One of the new patients was said to be another medical professional screening travelers at Los Angeles International Airport.

The other individual was part of a group of travelers recently in Italy. Several others in the group have been confirmed to have the virus...
 
Source: https://fox40.com/news/local-news/placer-county-announces-3-new-covid-19-cases/

Placer County announces 3 new COVID-19 cases
Local News
by: FOX40 Web Desk
Posted: Mar 6, 2020 / 12:27 PM PST / Updated: Mar 6, 2020 / 12:24 PM PST

AUBURN, Calif. (KTXL) — Health officials in Placer County say three more cases of the novel coronavirus have were confirmed Thursday, each with ties to the Grand Princess cruise ship.

Two patients had mild symptoms and have already recovered, and one other currently has mild symptoms, the county said. All three are isolated at home, according to the health office, and none of them needed hospitalization.

Placer County Public Health said officials are working to trace any contact the patients had and identify any possible exposures...
 
Source: https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/n...confirmed-coronavirus-case-in-central-valley/

Madera County reports 1st confirmed coronavirus case in Central Valley
by: Paul Schlesinger
Posted: Mar 7, 2020 / 08:42 AM PST / Updated: Mar 7, 2020 / 08:42 AM PST

MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KSEE/KGPE) — A Madera County couple who returned from a recent cruise have been reported to be the Central Valley’s first confirmed case of coronavirus, according to the Madera County Department of Public Health.

Madera County health officials said Saturday that they first received word about the cases after state health officials told them to begin monitoring a husband and wife returning from a recent Princess Cruise, said Sara Bosse, Public Health Director...
 
Source: https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03...navirus-case-is-former-cruise-ship-passenger/

Santa Cruz County announces first coronavirus case is former cruise ship passenger
Person recovering at home with mild symptoms

By Nico Savidge | Bay Area News Group
March 7, 2020 at 11:29 a.m.

A person who traveled on the Grand Princess cruise ship last month has become the first coronavirus case confirmed in Santa Cruz County, officials announced Saturday.

The person, who authorities are not publicly identifying, was one of the passengers aboard the ship from Feb. 11 to 21 for its trip from San Francisco to Mexico. The positive test result was confirmed Friday night...
 
[h=1]New Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in LA County[/h] [h=4]By City News Service • Published 13 mins ago • Updated 1 min ago[/h] LA County health officials have confirmed a new case of COVID-19 in Los Angeles County, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 14.
The additional positive case is a resident who recently returned from attending the AIPAC Conference in Washington, D.C.... :tiphat:https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/new-case-of-coronavirus-confirmed-in-la-county/2324738/
 
Source: https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/new-case-of-coronavirus-confirmed-in-la-county/2324738/

...LA County health officials have confirmed a new case of COVID-19 in Los Angeles County, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 14.

The additional positive case is a resident who recently returned from attending the AIPAC Conference in Washington, D.C. where there was a known exposure to a person who was positive for COVID-1, officials from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health said...
 
[h=1]Dozens of health screeners at LAX ordered to self-quarantine, says US official[/h]
Sunday, 08 Mar 2020 09:25 AM MYT WASHINGTON, March 8 — Dozens of health care screeners and other employees at Los Angeles International Airport have been ordered to self-quarantine, after two colleagues tested positive for the coronavirus, a federal official told Reuters.
The two screeners were tasked with checking passengers arriving at LAX on international flights into the United States. A government official who was briefed on the matter said it is not yet clear..:tiphat:https://www.malaymail.com/news/worl...red-to-self-quarantine-says-us-offici/1844377
 
[h=1]Press Release[/h] [h=2]5 New Novel Coronavirus Cases Confirmed in Contra Costa County[/h]
Sunday, March 8, 2020


Contra Costa Health Services (CCHS) has confirmed five new cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in residents of the county.

Four are being treated at hospitals in Contra Costa. They had no travel history outside the U.S. or known contact with a confirmed case. The fifth patient, who had close contact with another person who previously tested positive for COVID-19, is isolating at home under the guidance of CCHS.

As of Sunday morning, Contra Costa has nine confirmed cases of novel coronavirus. One patient who tested positive last week remains in a local hospital, while three other previously identified patients who tested positive are also isolating at home. CCHS will not release further details about the patients to protect their medical privacy, including the names of the hospitals where they are being treated.

"The coronavirus is here in our community. As we ramp up our testing, we expect to identify more cases. But there is still a lot we can do to slow down the spread and protect our most vulnerable," said Dr. Ori Tzvieli, acting Contra Costa Health Officer.

Last week, CCHS released recommendations for people who are at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19. Practicing good public health hygiene remains the best way of avoiding any respiratory disease, including novel coronavirus:
  • People who are sick should stay home from work or school until they are well
  • Older adults and people with chronic conditions should avoid large gatherings, as they are at higher risk of becoming infected
  • Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
  • Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
  • People who are sick should cover their coughs and sneezes using a tissue or their elbow
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your unwashed hands
  • Masks are for sick people. There is no evidence that wearing masks in public prevents healthy people from getting sick with novel coronavirus

Visit cchealth.org/coronavirus for local information about COVID-19.

https://cchealth.org/press-releases/2020/0308-5-New-Novel-Coronavirus-Cases.php
 
Source: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-...ithin-community-16-cases-reported-countywide/

L.A. County health officials report 1st coronavirus case possibly involving ‘community transfer’
by: Marissa Wenzke
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 / 12:26 PM PDT / Updated: Mar 9, 2020 / 12:43 PM PDT

Los Angeles County health officials announced Monday the first case of coronavirus with no known source, possible making it the first instance of “community transfer.”

Two additional cases bring the total number of people sickened in the county to 16, officials said...
 
Source: https://www.foxla.com/news/6-corona...nty-after-3-additional-cases-confirmed-monday

6 coronavirus cases in Riverside County after 3 additional cases confirmed Monday
By Mary Stringini
Published 26 mins ago
Updated 19 mins ago
FOX 11

RIVERSIDE COUNTY, Calif. - Three additional cases of novel coronavirus were confirmed in Riverside County Monday, bringing the county's total to six cases.

Riverside University Health System-Public Health said the three individuals who tested positive for novel coronavirus are residents in the Coachella Valley. All three are believed to have been infected as a result of travel into areas where COVID-19 has been confirmed, or through contact with a known case.

Dr. Cameron Kaiser, a public health officer with Riverside County, said that two of the individuals have been isolated at home while the third is being cared for at a Coachella Valley hospital...
 
Source: https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/1...y-another-case-of-community-spread-suspected/

1st coronavirus death reported in L.A. County; another case of community spread suspected
by: Nouran Salahieh
Posted: Mar 11, 2020 / 12:13 PM PDT / Updated: Mar 11, 2020 / 12:43 PM PDT

Los Angeles County reported its first coronavirus-related death on Wednesday and announced six new cases, including one suspected of being community-acquired.

The person who died was a woman over 60 who wasn’t a resident and was visiting friends, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health director Barbara Ferrer said at news conference Wednesday.

The woman had recently traveled extensively over the past month, including having a long layover in South Korea.

Officials also reported six additional positive cases, bringing the total number of cases up to 27 in the county. This also includes the three cases previously reported by the city of Long Beach...
 
Source: https://timesofsandiego.com/politics/2020/03/12/coronavirus-case-reported-at-miramar-base/


New Coronavirus Case Reported at MCAS Miramar
Posted by Debbie L. Sklar on March 12, 2020 in Politics | 85 Views

Gov. Gavin Newsom appeared to confirm Thursday that one of the passengers from the Grand Princess cruise ship in quarantine at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar has tested positive for novel coronavirus.

“We are aware of a number of people who have tested positive that have come off ship in addition to the 21 who were originally tested,” Gov. Newsom said. “Two that were passengers, 19 that were crew members, one in Canada and one down in Miramar, but that information is coming in real time. That’s all I know about those individuals at this stage.”

Calls to San Diego County health officials, MCAS Miramar and Scripps Health were not returned.

Meanwhile, ABC10 News is reporting that a Marine stationed at MCAS Miramar has tested positive for the virus after visiting family in Washington...
 
Source: https://fox40.com/news/coronavirus/...-starting-saturday-over-coronavirus-concerns/

Disneyland says it’s closing its California parks starting Saturday over coronavirus concerns
Coronavirus
by: Nexstar Media Wire
Posted: Mar 12, 2020 / 01:55 PM PDT / Updated: Mar 12, 2020 / 02:00 PM PDT

ANAHEIM, Calif. (WFLA) – Disneyland Resort in Anaheim says it is closing for the rest of March as coronavirus concerns grow around the globe.

There have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at Disneyland Resort but the company believes the closure is in the best interest of guests and employees.

Wednesday evening, Gov. Gavin Newsom issued sweeping, statewide “guidance” in response to the coronavirus pandemic, asking Californians to postpone all non-essential gatherings through the end of March, including even small social gatherings in places where people can’t remain at least six feet apart...
 
Back
Top