Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster.
The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website.
By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.
Bujumbura: alert at Kamenge military hospital after the death of a Congolese child presenting symptoms resembling those of the Ebola virus
Officials at this hospital located in the north of the commercial city Bujumbura have taken protective measures but employees say that "we need to be more vigilant even if the nurses show no signs of the disease." The child died on Thursday May 2. (SOS Media Burundi) The patient was between 7 and 8 years old. She was from neighboring Congo, medical sources at the Kamenge military hospital told SOS Médias Burundi. She died right after being admitted to this hospital. “The symptoms the little girl presented were bleeding from the nose and anus. That’s why we were afraid,” our sources say. The patient was seen in the emergency department of the pediatrics of the health establishment. At least five people, including nurses, were in direct contact with her. They were quarantined for a few hours. The buildings housing the department concerned and its surroundings have been disinfected and cleaned. “The people in question were sent home. Tests were carried out but it was found that there were insufficient reagents. The results are expected next Tuesday,” indicate our sources, who add that “even though we were afraid, the nurses had no symptoms of Ebola virus disease.” According to a nurse, the mother of the deceased is receiving preventive care. Our sources say the child had been kept at home since March 25, the day he started showing these signs. In Burundi, no case linked to the deadly virus has ever been declared by health authorities.
But since 2020, epidemiological surveillance services have been installed at the border posts of the small East African nation. Health workers have been deployed at borders to screen patients to isolate passengers who show signs of contagious diseases including Ebola and COVID-19.
May 5, 2024. Alert in Burundi due to a possible case of Ebola in Bujumbura
Alert in the military hospital in Kamenge, Burundi , after the death of an 8-year-old Congolese boy on May 2 who presented symptoms similar to those of the Ebola virus .
Those responsible for the hospital located in the north of the commercial city of Bujumbura have taken protective measures.
Officials at the military hospital in Kamenge, north of the commercial city of Bujumbura, have taken precautionary measures but staff say "we need to be more vigilant even though the nurses are not showing any symptoms." On Thursday, April 2, he contracted what is believed to be the Ebola epidemic. The patient was between 7 and 8 years old. He was from the neighboring country of Congo, according to medical information from the Kamenge military hospital that reached SOS Médias Burundi thanks to this story. He died as soon as he entered the hospital. “The symptoms the little girl showed were bleeding from the nose and the groin. That's why we were afraid. ”
The patient was admitted to the hospital, where they treat children. At least five people, including nurses, are with him. They were put in quarantine for a few hours. The buildings in which the department is located and the surrounding area were immediately cleaned. “The people in question were sent home. The tests were done but the results are expected next Tuesday," said the spokesperson to this newspaper, adding that "despite our fears, the patients did not have any symptoms of Ebola virus disease. ” The nurse says that the deceased's mother is being cared for. The source said that the child was at home since March 25, the day he started showing these symptoms. In Burundi, no case related to the deadly virus has been reported by the health authorities.
:tiphat: https://www.bwiza.com/?Bujumbura-Ubwoba-nyuma-y-urupfu-rw-umwana-ufite-ibimenyetso-nk-ibya-Ebola
#URGENT No Ebola in [HASHTAG="c556"]Burundi[/HASHTAG] - nevertheless the Ministry of Health confirms that a 9-year-old Congolese patient with signs resembling haemorrhagic syndrome was received at the Military Hospital of #Bujumbura on 02/04/2024. She succumbed to the disease.
Iris News (fr) @IrisNewsfr #URGENT Pas d'Ébola au #Burundi - néanmoins le Ministère de la Santé confirme qu'une patiente congolaise de 9 ans présentant des signes ressemblant au syndrome hémorragique à été reçue à l'Hôpital Militaire de #Bujumbura le 02/04/2024. Elle a succombé à la maladie.
Iris News (fr) @IrisNewsfr
· 6m
Replying to @IrisNewsfr
Selon la ministre Lyduine Baradahana, L'Hôpital Militaire a respecté le protocole de la @WHO
en faisant des prélèvements pour analyse au laboratoire. "A ce stade, il ne s'agit pas d'#Ebola ni d'une autre maladie hémorragique", a-t-elle déclaré
Iris News (en)
@IrisNewsfr
·
7m
Replying to
@IrisNewsfr
According to Minister Lyduine Baradahana, the Military Hospital has respected the protocol of the
@WHO
By taking samples for analysis in the laboratory. "At this stage, it is not [HASHTAG="c783"]Ebola[/HASHTAG] or another haemorrhagic disease," she said:tiphat:
"We cannot say that the virus #Ebola or any other contagious disease entered at #Burundi . We are awaiting the results of the blood analysis of the patient who died at @HMKamenge
this 05/02/2024", informs Minister Lyduine Baradahana ( @mspls_bdi
) this 04/06/2024 during a press conference, in response to recent rumors which stipulate that an Ebola epidemic has broken out in Burundi following to the death of a patient from #RDCongo , presenting symptoms of Ebola
Ministry of Public Health Burundi (MSPLS)@mspls_bdi
·2h
[HASHTAG="c556"]Burundi[/HASHTAG] This afternoon of 06/05, the Minister of Public Health and the Fight against AIDS, Dr #Lydwine €BARADAHANA released a press release following rumors circulating on social networks in relation to a self -called case of [HASHTAG="c783"]Ebola[/HASHTAG] in
@MairieBuja @NtareHouse
:tiphat:SOS Médias Burundi @SOSMediasBDI #Bujumbura : no cases of virus disease #Ebola detected. Results of a suspected case of Ebola virus disease are released this Friday. And people who have been in direct contact with him have been told that they are negative. The tests were done in #Ouganda
#Bujumbura : pas de cas de maladie à virus #Ebola détecté. Les résultats d'un cas suspect de la maladie à virus Ebola sont publiés ce vendredi. Et il a été signifié aux personnes qui ont été en contact direct avec lui qu'ils sont négatifs. Les tests ont été faits en #Ouganda
Translated from French by #Bujumbura : no cases of virus disease #Ebola detected. Results of a suspected case of Ebola virus disease are released this Friday. And people who have been in direct contact with him have been told that they are negative. The tests were done in #Ouganda
Complex Humanitarian Crisis and Epidemics - Democratic Republic of Congo: Situation Report Week No 19 (from May 6 to 12, 2024)
Format Situation Report Source WHO Posted 29 May 2024 Originally published 29 May 2024
Epidemiological situation:
...
▪ Alert of a suspected case of EVD notified in Burundi on May 4, 2024. This case
came from the Uvira ZS in the province of South Kivu. After analysis at
laboratory, the case came back negative for Ebola virus.