• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Another Nova Scotia death linked to H1N1

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Another N.S. death linked to H1N1

By JOHN McPHEE Health Reporter
Wed. Nov 18 - 11:29 AM

Another person with the H1N1 virus has died, according to the Department of Health Promotion and Protection?s website.

A woman over 65 years of age died between Nov. 8 and Nov. 14. A department spokeswoman said more details would be released at a news conference this afternoon by Dr. Robert Strang, chief medical health officer for Nova Scotia.

According to the website report, 51 were hospitalized with H1N1 up until Saturday. Three people, between the ages of 42 and 53, were in intensive care.

Several health authorities reported fewer H1N1 cases compared to last week but activity continues throughout the province.

Three people have died in Nova Scotia since the H1N1 outbreak began in the spring.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9014137.html
 
Re: Another Nova Scotia death linked to H1N1

Nova Scotia records 3rd H1N1 death

Last Updated: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 | 11:43 AM AT

CBC News

A third person with the swine flu virus in Nova Scotia has died.

The woman died sometime between last Thursday and Tuesday, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada. No details were given.

Dr. Robert Strang, the province's chief public health officer, will speak to reporters Wednesday afternoon.

Nova Scotia's first two fatal cases of swine flu were both women in their 50s who had underlying medical conditions.

Annette Sampson, a continuing care worker in St. Peters, died in July when the first wave of H1N1 hit the province. A woman from the Guysborough Antigonish Strait Health Authority district died on Nov. 6 after several days in intensive care at St. Martha's Regional Hospital in Antigonish.

There have been 90 new confirmed cases of H1N1 in the past week. Fifty-one patients were hospitalized, including three in intensive-care units.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2009/11/18/ns-h1n1-death.html
 
Back
Top