Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Reports 4 Deaths in Week 43 - total 16

Source: http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/i...ats/index.html

Synopsis: October 25th - October 31st (43rd week of 2009)

The 2009-10 influenza season officially began October 4, 2009. Data reported here starts before the official season and therefore has not been reported in past years.

All data are preliminary and may change as more reports are received.

During week 43 influenza activity in Minnesota decreased slightly but remains elevated.
    • One hundred thirty-seven (137) schools reported outbreaks of influenza-like illness during week 43. Two hundred eighty-eight (288) schools reported outbreaks in week 42.
    • Two (2) outbreaks due to influenza were reported from long-term care facilities (defined as skilled nursing facilities) this week.
    • Influenza-like illness visits to outpatient clinics involved in our Sentinel Provider Network decreased this week.
    • Since September 1st, 2009, there have been 980 confirmed novel H1N1 influenza hospitalizations and 1,240 total novel H1N1 hospitalizations since the virus was first identified in Minnesota.
    • Three (3) influenza A H1N1-associated deaths and one (1) influenza-type unspecified death were confirmed in week 43. Fifteen (15) influenza A H1N1-associated deaths and one (1) influenza-type unspecified death have been reported since the virus was first identified in Minnesota.
    • The most common strain of influenza characterized at the MDH PHL has been 2009 influenza A H1N1.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Minnesota Reports 4 Deaths in Week 43 - total 16

Source: http://www.inforum.com/event/apArticle/id/D9BOV5901/

4 more flu deaths in Minn., 3 confirmed swine flu
    The Associated Press - ST. PAUL, Minn.

Minnesota health officials are reporting three more deaths from swine flu and another death from a flu-like illness that wasn't confirmed as H1N1.

Health Department officials say the three confirmed victims all had underlying health conditions.

Health officials didn't provide names or genders of the victims, but they were a Hennepin County resident in their 50s, a Fillmore County resident in their 20s and a Winona County resident in their 70s.

The fourth death was an "older adult" who died of the flu, but there wasn't a sample available to test and confirm what type of flu.

Also, state health officials say they are making plans to vaccinate young children in schools throughout the state in a few weeks, but only if they get enough vaccine and with parents' consent.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Working...
    X