Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louisiana - Throw me some hand sanitizer, mister! Protect yourself at the parades from the flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana - Throw me some hand sanitizer, mister! Protect yourself at the parades from the flu

Throw me some hand sanitizer, mister! Protect yourself at the parades from the flu

POSTED 10:21 AM, FEBRUARY 1, 2018, BY JACKI JING

New Orleans ? It?s carnival season folks! Pull out those ladders, grab the king cake, and throw me some hand sanitizer, mister???
    ?Use that hand sanitizer frequently. That can definitely reduce the likelihood of transmitting a virus to yourself or someone else,? said Dr. Benjamin Springgate with LSU Health New Orleans.
    ?If you notice that someone?s sick that?s near you, then first thing, stand away from them. Three to six feet away from them, optimally,? said Dr. Springgate.

And you may want to tweak that Mardi Gras mask.

?A mask can work, but I has to be worn consistently and it has to fit tightly around your face,? said Dr. Springgate.
    ?Maybe you can pull your scarf a little tighter around your face, just to provide some extra barrier,? said Dr. Springgate.
    ?You don?t have to share that drink or share the food along the parade route this year ? or the king cake, for example,? said Dr. Springgate.

And if you?re not feeling well. Stay home.
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela
Working...
X