• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twenty-nine Influenza deaths reported from San Diego

First 2 Flu Deaths of Season in San Diego Reported
    By Laura McVicker

Wednesday, Jan 7, 2015 ? Updated at 4:28 PM PST
    The first two flu-related deaths of the season have been reported in San Diego County, health officials said Wednesday.
    The residents were an 88-year-old woman, who died on Jan. 4, and an 85-year-old woman, who died on Jan. 6, according to a news release from the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/heal...#ixzz3OGyUvse2
    Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

5 MORE INFLUENZA-RELATED DEATHS IN SAN DIEGO

Story Published: Jan 21, 2015 at 2:23 PM PST
    Story Updated: Jan 21, 2015 at 2:23 PM PST
    SAN DIEGO (CNS) - Five more people died of influenza-related causes in the San Diego region last week, bringing the "flu season" death toll to nine, the county Health and Human Services Agency reported Wednesday.

Their ages ranged from 68 to 95 years, and all had underlying medical conditions, according to the HHSA.

Dr. Wilma Wooten, the county's public health officer, said influenza activity in San Diego continues to be "elevated."
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu Death Toll Continues to Rise in County
      in News February 4, 2015

Officials Encourage Use of Antivirals

San Diego County CA? Ten more local influenza deaths were reported last week, bringing this season?s total to 29, the County Health and Human Services Agency announced today.
      Given the high number of influenza deaths and lab-confirmed cases, County health officials are encouraging the public to contact their doctor immediately if they start to develop flu-like symptoms so that they can be evaluated for antiviral drug treatment.

Comment

Working...
      X