Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "I'm coming to your house" phenomenon-what to do about it

Originally posted by kr105
    I have a Mr. Heater Buddy which is an INDOOR portable propane heater. It takes the standard, small green propane bottles, but can be adapted to larger propane bottles.
    Down side to this type of heating is the production of water due to combustion of the gas.

The more water in the air the more energy required to heat the room.

It is not a problem with flued gas heaters.

Comment

Hi, I'm new.
      I thought that to keep our family isolated and safe I would post signs on all our doors that say "Quarantine:Illness Inside"
      I haven't had a lot of the "I'm coming to your house" thing because most of the people I know are Mormons and are better prepared than I am.
      I like the idea of leaving food on doorsteps anonymously.
      I have 6 kids and my niece and her husband, who will be staying with us, have 4 kids, and I know they can't afford to prepare so I'm trying to do it all. We'd have a total of 15 people, 10 of them children. That's a LOT of food for a year. I just can't feed everyone, but I love my kids' friends like my own, so I have to help them out somehow. I'm trying to buy extra for that.

Comment

Welcome tygerkittn.

Comment

Originally posted by St Michael View Post
          We actually had problems with our practice management/billing software on the day after Y2K.

I should have placed "false" in quotes. It was only a "false scare" because of the diligence of many programmers.
          All the same, as a computer programmer myself I knew there were "work arounds", like resetting the system date on the computer, if you missed a line of code. I point out to anyone who will listen that I was not concerned about Y2K...but I am very concerned, very serious...and as prepared as possible for a pandemic. At nearly 60, it appears the risk is lower for me and my wife. However, none of the "kids", who are in their 20s, want to listen. I've been using the word "jeremiad" a lot recently!

Comment

Working...
          X