Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 more fatalaties in Venezuala

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 more fatalaties in Venezuala

    Source: http://www.eldiariodeguayana.com.ve/...view/56125/68/


    Ciudad Guayana Friday, July 31, 2009
    2 people die in Bolivar complicated virus
    Friday, July 31, 2009

    Flu AH1N1 sum two more victims in the country to reach five deaths from the disease, confirming the death of a young woman 28 years and an adult in the Bolivar state, according to information Aur?cide Serrano, President (e) Institute of Health and allong? Joseph, an epidemiologist from the institute said.

    *
    Hern?n Velazco

    So far there are about 112 suspected cases of the virus AH1N1; of those, 14 were positive and 7 are in hospital, said yesterday the experts in this area of the Institute of Public Health (ISP) in Bol?var state during a press conference where was announced just as the death of another patient infected with the terrible pandemic, recorded in the municipality Caron?.

    Serrano Eur?dice president in charge of the ISP accompanied by Joseph Allon, chief of epidemiology and Enrique Masa, hospital epidemiologist Ruiz y P?ez, among other experts in the field, led the round of journalists that took place on the premises of the unit in the state capital .

    Extensive monitoring

    Dr. Joseph Allon explained that the deaths occurred in the state of Bol?var, the first registered in Ciudad Bolivar on Monday and another yesterday in the town in which Caron? out positive with the virus of influenza, should be analyzed thoroughly and it would be irresponsible to say who died from the disease since no other pathologies.

    "Although these patients with the virus came out positive, both had clinical complications. Ciudad Bolivar patient had diabetes and two cases are being evaluated in multiple medical board, "he said.

    He added that the tests were sent to the Institute of Hygiene and are awaiting results to confirm whether these people actually died of the virus.

    Indicated that maintaining a constant vigilance in making revisions to health centers to patients suspected of having the disease and so far there are about 112 cases under study.

    He stressed that doing surveys in hospitals to patients who have diseases like diabetes, hypertension, pulmonary diseases based, inter alia, to examine their cases carefully, as they are much more vulnerable to contract the virus than others AH1N1 people.

    "The complications of these patients leading to die after contracting the virus, we are to continue to attack the problem from that area," said Allon.

    Likewise emphasized that the girl contracted the disease in Upata is already out of danger and their families are being treated with preventive methods to avoid spreading the virus.

    "We know to a suspect case, to extend the safety net making reviews relevant to the patient's family, and using preventive medicine, as well as making follow-up to these cases," argued.

    Cases increase

    The expert considered that epidemiology is expected that cases will increase, not only in the Bolivar state, but across the country and is why the agencies working together to tackle this public health problem.

    "First we have the factor of rain is one of the main transmitters of the flu and so we have to be prepared to face this problem," he said.

    In this vein he added that it is extremely important to disseminate information to the public on the basic methods of prevention should be implemented on a personal basis to avoid being infected with the terrible virus.

    "For us in very important that the public is well informed about the virus and where AH1N1 should go in case of suspicious symptoms," he said. Said that patients who allegedly died from the disease, no cases of imported virus, ie, apparently contracted the disease in the country.

    Prevention methods

    Joseph Allon, chief of epidemiology at the ISP in the state of Bol?var explained various methods of prevention and take plenty of water, ingest vitamins that increase defenses, maintain proper personal hygiene and if present any symptoms of influenza, visit the medical centers close to verify your case and treat it early.

    ISP officials believe that while the public is kept better informed, can combat the disease and prevent others from becoming infected.
    > swap

  • #2
    Re: 2 more fatalaties in Venezuala

    Source: http://www.eltiempo.com.ve/noticias/....asp?id=198237

    Reported two new deaths from influenza A


    INGRID BALAB? BRAVO

    CARACAS .- Two people have died in Bolivar State because of the flu AH1N1. The confirmation was made president in charge of the Institute of Public Health of that entity, Eurydice Serrano. There are other three days ago died as the number of victims rises to five.

    One of the patients was 28 years old and was diabetic. Entered into a coma and could not recover. Age was not reported for the second citizen. He joined a health campus with symptoms of influenza and complicated with pericarditis and amebiasis.

    On July 21, President of the Republic, Hugo Ch?vez, confirmed the death of a man and a baby of eleven months old. The third scenario would be that of a man who died in M?rida.

    The National Institute of Health (NIH) analyzed the samples sent from the institution to confirm whether these two people were killed by this disease.

    We contacted the director of that body, Jesus Queral to confirm or deny the information about the two recent deaths, but said that the agency is still conducting examinations.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2 more fatalaties in Venezuala

      Source: http://www.laverdad.com/detnotic.php?CodNotic=17369


      Zulian dies first because of the flu AH1N1

      Truth - Grace Viloria - Maracaibo - 31/07/2009 00:01 31

      Flu AH1N1 claimed the first victim in Zulia. It is ever Uzc?tegui Jesus Teran of 30 years. The man died on Wednesday at the Hospital Universitario de Los Andes (Hula), 10 days after being hospitalized with a picture of acute respiratory problems, according to the publication of El Universal.

      As a means of prevention and to avoid possible contagion from relatives and friends attending the funeral yesterday, where the coffin rested Uzc?tegui remained sealed during the journey to his final resting place: Cemetery Fund Seca. They lived together with their relatives in the area of the parish I R?mulo Gallegos. The victim worked as the regional police officer, assigned to the department of the town, located in the south east of Lake Maracaibo, in the border town of Nueva Bolivia.

      Jorge Ramirez, director of the Mart?nez Juan de Dios Hospital in the municipality of Sucre, reported that in conjunction with the Fire and Civil Protection Maracaibo talks have fallen into the communities and the staff of the hospital, to be alert to any situation. "When the couple entered the hospital he took the samples before being sent to the Hospital of the Andes."

      He said that the prevention campaign includes all communities in the municipality and the axis of the Panamerican highway to take security measures and thus avoid an outbreak in the locality.

      Jennifer Ferrer, epidemiologist of the village, reported that the Caja Seca hospital staff is ready and able to face any situation.

      Growing

      The country will join 428 cases of people infected with the virus AH1N1. Twenty-five are of Zulia, said Mary Moreno, regional secretary of Health, who also noted that to date 221 samples have been sent to the National Institute of Hygiene Rafael Rangel (INHRR) in Caracas. "In the coming days the results of the 18 samples we sent."

      Moreno noted that the first person who died in the state on vacation at the time of infection. "After detecting the positive case, the assessments were made for the victim, and none has shown symptoms of the virus, including the other inhabitants of the village. The siege continues epidemiological way to prevent the spread of influenza."

      The first victim was a small 11 months, residing in El Hatillo, Caracas. The second was a man of 25 years, residing in Miranda. Last night Eur?dice Serrano, president in charge of the Public Health Institute of Bolivar state, confirmed two more deaths, because of the new flu. These two men, one 28 years. Entered the hospital and had complications. The first was a diabetic and fell into a coma, the second is complicated with pericarditis and amebiasis.

      This five deaths reach. None provided a history of travel abroad. Samples of the dead were sent to INHRR to confirm that died from virus or other complication. What I have is that the men contracted the virus.

      Take your forecasts

      Medical advice to avoid contracting influenza A H1N1 are never over. Jorge Ramirez, director of Caja Seca Hospital, took the opportunity to call upon the community to take preventive measures. "We should not be so close to people who are suspected of having the virus. When one handkerchief sneeze placed in the nose and avoid direct contact."

      Comment

      Working...
      X