Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Claim That Swine Flu Caused 18 Deaths At San Fernando Hospital.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Claim That Swine Flu Caused 18 Deaths At San Fernando Hospital.

Source: http://www.i955fm.com/storyView.aspx

A Claim That Swine Flu Caused 18 Deaths At San Fernando Hospital.
    December 17th, 2009.

The claim that there have been 18 Swine Flu related deaths at the San Fernando General Hospital is being denied.

Yesterday, Opposition MP Subhas Panday said he has evidence that 18 people have died as a result of H1N1 at the San Fernando Hospital.

Before members of the media, Mr. Panday waved around a list of names, saying they died as a result of the H1N1 virus.

Mr. Panday said doctors at the hospital are also helping in the cover-up for fear of losing their jobs.

He said those who died came from areas like, Couva, Barrackpore, Fyzabad and Princes Town.

He said the cause of death has been put as Bronchial Pneumonia.

But the hospital?s Medical Director, Dr. Anand Chattergoon is denying the allegation of the MP.

Dr. Chatoorgoon is quoted as saying the hospital has no information of 18 patients dying from Swine Flu.

Dr. Chatoorgoon says deaths from Bronchial Pneumonia, as shown by Mr. Panday are not necessarily caused by the Swine Flu.

According to Dr. Chatergoon, all patients showing symptoms of the Swine Flu are admitted to the hospital.

He says in some cases they were sent to the I.C.U. when breathing problems were discovered.

Dr. Chattergoon says the blood tests taken from patients are sent directly to he Ministry of Health in keeping with PAHO?s policy.

DISCLAIMER: THE PICTURE PUBLISHED WITH STORY ABOVE DOES NOT NECESSARILY RELATE TO THE ACCOMPANYING STORY-CITADEL LIMITED.
    Source: i95.5fm News Room
Working...
X