X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidifier/Air conditioners can be a breeding ground for Aedes

Portuguese to English translation

Humidifier/Air conditioners can be a breeding ground for Aedes

The appliances and air conditioners air humidifiers can become breeding Aaedes the mosquito, the dengue mosquito, according to the Animal Control Section, Department of Health (SES). The alert is for the accumulation of standing water for a few days inside the machine which is widely used during periods of heat, as the end of the year. Terezinha Sabariego The businesswoman, 59, had never heard about the danger of humidifiers despite the variety of information that the public receives about possible mosquito breeding sites. "One day I noticed that the screen saver on the back of the unit does not completely cover the entrance to the water tray, then realized I could not leave him with standing water. Unfortunately my daughter used the phone and forgot to empty when I went to see a few days later, she had several eggs and larvae into the water tray, "says Therese, who believes that the eggs were of Aedes aegypti. According to Zoonoses, the problem is in the tray of water that have these devices, where a mat that is to soak, then humidify the air. The Department of Health announced that it is important to remove this tray often, at least every two days, and rub the inner walls to remove any mosquito eggs that, perchance, be stuck. Another guideline: when the phone is not in use, you must remove the tray, wipe and dry it. "I was very scared when I realized I was creating this mosquito in the room of my house. People have to be careful when using aparelho.Quando that he is not in use, leave nothing in the tray, "says the businesswoman.
Working...
X