X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman dies of swine flu in Orissa

Woman dies of swine flu in Orissa

STAFF WRITER 21:43 HRS IST
    Bhubaneswar, Nov 6 (PTI) A 40-year-old woman died of swine flu in Orissa, becoming the first victim of H1N1 virus in the state, health officials said today.

Panchali Pradhan from Angul district, who was first admitted to a hospital in Angul and later shifted to a private hospital in the city, died on Wednesday night, a doctor at the private hospital said.

This was the first confirmed death of swine flu in Orissa. Earlier, a doctor from the state had succumbed to the infection at AIIMS, New Delhi.

A health department official said altogether 16 persons had been tested positive to the H1N1 virus, out of 72 swab samples examined so far.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Woman dies of swine flu in Orissa

Orissa asks for liquid tamiflu for child patients
    STAFF WRITER 18:41 HRS IST
    Bhubaneswar, Nov 7 (PTI) With swine flu affecting school children in Orissa's Sundargarh district, the state government today asked the Union Health Ministry to supply liquid tamiflu for treatment of patients.

Of the 16 patients so far tested positive for H1N1 virus, eight were girl children, Health Minister Prasanna Acharya said after a meeting on swine flu chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.

The disease is spreading in tribal-dominated Sundergarh.

While a woman died of swine flu in the state, several school children staying in hostels were suffering from cold and fever, Acharya said.

While five girls of a Kanyashram at Jhanipalli under Rajgangpur block area tested positive for H1N1, two girls from nearby Tudalaga school were affected by the virus.

What has come as a major headache for the health administration was that 170 inmates of a Navadoya Vidyalaya at Sargipali also developed symptoms of the disease.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X