Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to Dec 2012. 131 fatalities

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 29 fatalities

    Four more test H1N1 positive, 15 cases in June

    MUMBAI: With the onset of the monsoon, cases of H1N1 infections are steadily rising in the city . On Wednesday, four more people tested positive for the virus, taking the count to 51 since April this year. Over 15 people have tested positive for H1N1 this June .

    A five-year-old girl from Dadar and a seven-year-old boy from Sewri were among those who tested positive on Wednesday.

    A 34-year-old woman from Parel and a 28-year-old man from Sewri also tested positive . Head of BMC's epidemiology cell, Dr Mangala Gomare , said , "The 28-year-old is undergoing treatment at a private hospital . Rest of the patients are fine and have been puton Tamiflu."

    State epidemiologist Dr Pradeep Awate insisted that there hasbeen no major spurtin cases becauseof the rains.

    With the onset of the monsoon, cases of H1N1 infections are steadily rising in the city . On Wednesday, four more people tested positive for the virus

    Comment


    • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 29 fatalities

      Three more patients in Boisar have tested positive for the H1N1 virus. They are being treated at Thane's Jupiter hospital.

      Home News: Times of India brings the Latest & Top Breaking News on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Cricket, Sports, Business, Bollywood News and Entertainment, Science, Technology, Health & Fitness news & opinions from leading columnists.

      Comment


      • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 29 fatalities

        June 27th-29th http://www.maha-arogya.gov.in/Archie...ril%202012.htm

        Screened: 4,536
        Tamiflu: 235
        H1N1 +: 11
        In hospital (6/29): 11 suspect, 16 positive (0 on ventilator)
        Fatalities: 0
        Twitter: @RonanKelly13
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

        Comment


        • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 29 fatalities

          Five more H1N1 cases take total to 58 this year

          Five more H1N1 cases were reported on Saturday taking the total to 58 in the city this year. A seven-year-old boy from Santacruz and a three-year-old girl from Khar tested positive for the virus. A 57-year-old man tested positive for the virus has been admitted to Lilavati Hospital. ?All the three cases were reported by a private lab. They have been administered Tamiflu and are stable,? said Dr Mangala Gomare, epidemiologist with BMC.

          A five-year-old girl from Bandra and a 35-year-old woman from Ghatkopar were also tested positive for the virus.

          ?The girl tested positive at a private lab and has already been administered Tamiflu. The woman was reported positive from Kasturba Hospital and has been admitted to Sion Hospital for treatment. Both are stable,? said BMC epidemiologist Dr Mangala Gomare.

          The first spate of swine flu in the state was in Pune in March this year. Since then, 20 have died and over 250 people have been affected by the virus. Even as the number of patients continue to test positive for the virus, experts say there is no cause for worry as the illness is now showing characteristics of a seasonal influenza.

          ?As monsoon approaches we can expect a steady flow of cases as a drop in temperature is conducive for the virus. However, there is no cause for worry as now people have already built up immunity owing to exposure in 2009,? said Dr Abhay Chaudhary, director of Haffkine?s Research Institute.

          Comment


          • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 29 fatalities

            Two more test positive for H1N1 on Sunday

            Two more persons tested positive for H1N1 on Sunday. One is a four-year-old boy from Khar, who has been admitted to a private hospital and put on a dose of Tamiflu.

            The other is a 35-year-old man from Powai. "Both patients have been admitted to private hospitals and their treatment has started. Both are stable," said Dr Mangala Gomare, epidemiologist with the BMC.

            Two more persons tested positive for H1N1 on Sunday.One is a four-year-old boy from Khar, who has been admitted to a private hospital and put on a dos

            Comment


            • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 29 fatalities

              In June, Mumbai topped state in H1N1 cases
              Published: Tuesday, Jul 3, 2012, 8:09 IST
              By DNA Correspondent | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA


              This June, the highest number of H1N1-positive cases in the state was from Mumbai. According to figures available with the state health department, till June 29, there were 45 positive swine flu cases in Maharashtra of which 20 were from Mumbai.

              In the first two days of July, the state got four H1N1 positive cases ? all from Mumbai.
              ...
              This June, the highest number of H1N1-positive cases in the state was from Mumbai. According to figures available with the state health department, till June 29, there were 45 positive swine flu cases in Maharashtra of which 20 were from Mumbai.
              Twitter: @RonanKelly13
              The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

              Comment


              • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 29 fatalities

                A 17-year-old patient from Panvel who is admitted at MGM Kamothe tested positive for the virus

                Navi Mumbai finally registered its first positive case of H1N1 infection this year. Mumbai has seen a surge in recent cases, and the satellite city was still untouched, but on Tuesday, swab samples of a 17-year-old male patient from Panvel tested positive for the virus.
                This was confirmed to DNA by Dr Prakash Doke, medical superintendent of the MGM hospital of Kamothe. He stated, ?The patient is from Panvel and showed all the clinical symptoms related to the viral influenza A H1N1. His throat and nasal swab samples were sent to the Haffkine institute of Parel that sent us his reports on Tuesday.?
                Dr Ramesh Nikam said, ?This is the first H1N1 infection case that has been found positive this year. With this positive case, there are also suspected cases and their throat and nasal swab samples have already been sent to the Haffkine institute for further analysis.?
                After a month of the onset of the monsoons in the city, Navi Mumbai has finally started seeing H1N1 infection cases. The samples were sent to the institute on Monday, said the officials at the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation run Vashi hospital. Dr Nikam said, ?The pandemic H1N1 has not yet been called off by the World Health Organisation, and we were expecting the cases again this monsoon like last year. The suspected H1N1 cases that were reported to us came with clinical symptoms like high grade fever, throat infection and cold. With the onset of monsoon, viral influenza cases were expected and we are prepared to tackle them, as we have already started a dedicated quarantine ward that has been set up at the NMMC run hospital of Vashi.?
                Dr Prashant Jawade, medical superintendent of the NMMC run hospital of Vashi told DNA, ?Viral fever and viral infections are common during rainy season and we have started seeing a rise at the outpatient department where patients are complaining of chills, cold, cough and throat infection.?
                ?With this positive case being reported, the MGM hospital of Belapur has sent us a swab sample of a suspected case a few days back, and the reports are awaited. As of now, the institute is yet to convey us the results of the suspected cases, though the first positive case of has been found,? he said.

                Comment


                • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 29 fatalities

                  June 30th-July 4th http://www.maha-arogya.gov.in/Archie...uly%202012.htm
                  Screened: 6,496
                  Tamiflu: 325
                  H1N1 +: 10
                  In hospital (7/4): 10 suspect, 5 positive (0 on ventilator)
                  Fatalities: 1; Sarita Chavan F 13 25.06.12 03.07.12 H1N1 +ve MGM Hosp. Navi Mumbai Navi Mumbai Urban
                  Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                  The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 30 fatalities

                    13-yr-old dies of swine flu in Navi Mumbai
                    G Mohiuddin Jeddy, Hindustan Times
                    Navi Mumbai, July 06, 2012

                    First Published: 02:28 IST(6/7/2012)
                    Last Updated: 02:29 IST(6/7/2012)

                    A 13-year-old girl from Navi Mumbai died of swine flu at MGM hospital in Belapur on July 3. The girl had been unwell for almost a month and was admitted to the hospital 10 days ago. The Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) has confirmed that the cause of death was swine flu. The civic corporation has said there is no need to panic as adequate precautions are being taken.
                    ...


                    Gokhalenagar man tests positive for swine flu
                    Umesh Isalkar, TNN | Jul 6, 2012, 02.29AM IST

                    PUNE: A 38-year-old man from Gokhalenagar tested positive for swine flu on Thursday. Civic health officials said the patient's condition is stable. This is the second case of swine flu infection in the city since the beginning of this month.

                    "The patient developed flu-like symptoms on July 1. He was admitted to a private hospital on June 2. His throat swab, sent for examination to a private laboratory the next day, tested positive for swine flu on Thursday," said S T Pardeshi, medical officer of health, PMC.
                    ...
                    A 38-year-old man from Gokhalenagar tested positive for swine flu on Thursday.Civic health officials said the patient's condition is stable.
                    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
                    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 30 fatalities

                      Experts baffled as both young and old affected by H1N1


                      MUMBAI: The death of a 13-year-old girl at Belapur has baffled experts. Many had echoed the global community saying H1N1 was more like a seasonal flu. But after 17 deaths in the state, they are asking if the virus is being underestimated.

                      The state has raced ahead of others in H1N1 casualties this year. Of the deceased, seven were healthy individuals aged 20-40 years. Interestingly, this age-group is considered least likely to fall prey to the virus in the post-pandemic phase. An equal number of casualties were reported in the 50-plus age-group, considered vulnerable if they have underlying health conditions. The virus has also claimed the lives of two teenagers and a toddler.

                      State epidemiologist Dr Pradeep Awate surveillance has been made stringent. "Yes, we are witnessing more cases in the monsoon. But, it would be wrong to say cases are unusually high," he said. He said doctors across the state are being alerted so that H1N1 is not misdiagnosed. "If treated in time, H1N1 is absolutely curable," he said. The government is yet to find out why H1N1 has hit Maharashtra harder than any other state.


                      Comment


                      • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 30 fatalities

                        Ghatkopar man diagnosed with H1N1

                        A 54-year-old man from Ghatkopar was diagnosed with H1N1 at a private lab on Friday taking the tally to 68 inthe city since January this year, BMC officials said.

                        "All the patients including the 54-year-old man who was diagnosed today are stable and have taken Tami flu treatment. The tally is rising because more patients are now aware about getting tested on time," said Dr Mangala Gomare, epidemiology cell, BMC.

                        The swine flu disease, which has been witnessing a resurgence, claimed 13-year-old Sarita Chavan, a resident of CBD-Belapur on Thursday. Sarita was admitted to MGM Hospital, Belapur, on June 25 with slight fever, vomiting, and diarrhoea.

                        A 54-year-old man from Ghatkopar was diagnosed with H1N1 at a private lab on Friday taking the tally to 68 in the city since January this year, BMC officials said.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 30 fatalities

                          1-yr-old tests positive for swine flu

                          A one-year-old boy from Bandra tested positive for the H1N1 swine flu virus on Saturday. This brings the total number of H1N1 cases in the city to 69.

                          "The baby was suffering from cold, cough and fever. He is now on Tamiflu and is stable," said Dr Mangala Gomare, epidemiologist,
                          BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation.

                          On July 3, a 13-year old girl from Navi Mumbai died of swine flu.

                          "The virus is more active during monsoon. Symptoms such as persistent fever and cold and cough should not be ignored," said Dr Gormare.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 30 fatalities

                            Five more H1N1 cases take total to 58 this year

                            Five more H1N1 cases were reported on Saturday taking the total to 58 in the city this year. A seven-year-old boy from Santacruz and a three-year-old girl from Khar tested positive for the virus. A 57-year-old man tested positive for the virus has been admitted to Lilavati Hospital. ?All the three cases were reported by a private lab. They have been administered Tamiflu and are stable,? said Dr Mangala Gomare, epidemiologist with BMC.

                            A five-year-old girl from Bandra and a 35-year-old woman from Ghatkopar were also tested positive for the virus.

                            ?The girl tested positive at a private lab and has already been administered Tamiflu. The woman was reported positive from Kasturba Hospital and has been admitted to Sion Hospital for treatment. Both are stable,? said BMC epidemiologist Dr Mangala Gomare.

                            The first spate of swine flu in the state was in Pune in March this year. Since then, 20 have died and over 250 people have been affected by the virus. Even as the number of patients continue to test positive for the virus, experts say there is no cause for worry as the illness is now showing characteristics of a seasonal influenza.

                            ?As monsoon approaches we can expect a steady flow of cases as a drop in temperature is conducive for the virus. However, there is no cause for worry as now people have already built up immunity owing to exposure in 2009,? said Dr Abhay Chaudhary, director of Haffkine?s Research Institute.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 30 fatalities

                              5 more test +ve for H1N1

                              MUMBAI: On Sunday, five more persons, among them a two-year-old boy, tested positive for H1N1, taking the count to 74 this year.

                              "A 64-year-old man from Bandra, 30-year-old man from Dahisar, 47-year-old woman from Andheri, a 16-year-old boy from Jogeshwari and a two year old from Andheri tested positive for the virus." said BMC's epidemiologist Dr Mangala Gomare. She added that all were undergoing treatment at home, barring the teenager who had to be hospitalized. "He is admitted to a private hospital and his condition is stable," she said. Gomare added all patients had been put on a course of Oseltamivir.


                              On Sunday, five more persons, among them a two-year-old boy, tested positive for H1N1, taking the count to 74 this year.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Maharashtra Flu reports April 1 2011 to date. 30 fatalities

                                25-year-old tests positive for swine flu

                                A 25-year-old woman from Parel tested positive for swine flu in the civic laboratory on Monday. "She was suffering from heavy cough, cold and fever. She has been put on Tamiflu and is stable now," said Dr Mangala Gomare from the epidemiology cell, BMC. The cases have risen to 75 since January this year.

                                Five patients were detected positive for swine flu from a private lab on Sunday. A 62-year-old man from Bandra (West), 30-year-old man from Dahisar, 2-year-old baby boy from Andheri and a 47-year-old woman from Andheri were detected positive for H1N1 virus. A 16-year-old boy from Jogeshwari who was detected H1N1 positive has been admitted to a private hospital.

                                "The virus is more active during monsoon and more likely to afflict the immuno-compromised group of senior citizens, babies or pregnant women. Symptoms such as persistent fever and cold and cough should not be ignored," said Dr Gomare.

                                A 25-year-old woman from Parel tested positive for swine flu in the civic laboratory on Monday

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X