Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punjab / Haryana - Hundreds dead crows in Tarn Taran & Panchkula - edited

300 Crows Die Under Mysterious Circumstances
    By PTI Published: 21st December 2014 10:46 PM Last Updated: 21st December 2014 10:46 PM

TARN TARAN: Close on the heels of deaths of ducks at Sukhna lake in Chandigarh, over 300 crows have died under mysterious circumstances in neighbouring Tarn Taran district.

Confirming the incident Deputy Commissioner Tarn Taran Balwinder Singh Dhariwal today said that all the dead crows were buried after they were found dead at village Bigayari falling in the district Tarn Taran.
    http://www.newindianexpress.com/nati...cle2582307.ece

More crows drop dead
    Vikram Jit Singh,TNN | Dec 22, 2014, 04.40 AM IST
    Devalghati Moja (Pinjore): Six more crows were found dead in the catchment area of Kaushalya dam near Panchkula on Sunday even as the Haryana wildlife and animal husbandry departments exhumed one of the graves of crows here and rushed five carcasses to the Regional Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (RDDL), Jalandhar, to test for bird flu. A team of Haryana wildlife department led by Panchkula inspector Jaibir Singh buried the crows on Saturday afternoon.

In a related development, 10 migratory Bar-headed geese died in a wetland in Jind, Haryana. The carcasses were also being sent to RDDL. "We have sent five crow carcasses and the 10 geese to the RDDL. I cannot state what could be the cause of these deaths. It could be any of the reasons that we suspect. Only tests will determine the true cause of mortality. But to be on the safe side, we had sounded an alert for avian flu across the state a week back. Samples from migratory birds are also being taken from wetlands such as Sultanpur and Bhindawas for testing," Haryana acting chief wildlife warden R K Sapra told TOI.

A total of 32 crows have died here.

A team of Haryana wildlife department led by Panchkula inspector Jaibir Singh buried the crows on Saturday afternoon.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Crows didn?t die of bird flu, says govt
    Posted at: Dec 24 2014 12:24AM
    Our Correspondent

Tarn Taran, December 23
    The State Animal Husbandry Department (AHD) clarified that the crows in Baghiari village, 20 km from here, did not die of bird flu. Dr. Raminder Mohan Monga, Deputy Director, AHD, today said no sign of bird flu was detected during preliminary examination conducted on the dead crows.
    http://www.tribuneindia.com/mobi/new...ovt/21885.html

Crows, herons found dead in Nawanshahr village; administration on alert

Jatinder Kohli, Hindustan Times NAWANSHAHR, December 24, 2014
    First Published: 23:15 IST(24/12/2014) | Last Updated: 23:19 IST(24/12/2014)
    Several crows and two herons were found dead in the fields of Ladhian-Kataria village of Banga sub-division after which joint teams of veterinary and civil doctors rushed to the spot to collect samples.
    Villagers said two dogs were also found dead on the Banga-Kataria road, allegedly after eating the dead crows.

Six ducks die in Karoran village

Published on Wednesday, 24 December 2014 13:42 DP Correspondent
    Mohali
    After Sukhan Lake, the danger of bird flu now looms large in the remote areas of the district. Fear gripped the residents of Karoran village near Nayagaon on Tuesday after six ducks died in the evening.

A team of vertinary officials reached the village and collected the samples of the dead birds and sent these samples to Regional Disease Diagnotics Laboratory (RDDL), Jalandhar for examination.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Haryana
      12 migratory birds found dead in Hansi
      Press Trust of India | Hisar (Har) December 25, 2014 Last Updated at 20:05 IST

Days after bird flu scare triggered an alert in the region, twelve migratory birds were today found dead at Hansi in Hisar district, about 27 km from here.

The matter was reported this morning, when some youths came to Nehru College to play cricket and found the dead birds.

Punjab

Samples of crows found dead near Banga sent to lab for avian flu testing
      IP Singh,TNN | Dec 25, 2014, 04.17 AM IST

NAWANSHAHR: Samples of 7 crows and one herot (bagla) found dead in the fields of a famer in Laadhian village near Banga town of Nawanshahr, were sent to the Regional Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Jalandhar, by the state animal husbandry department.
      He said on December 22, around a dozen crows were found dead by their neighbours and they buried the birds after digging up a pit. Satnam said he was told that more birds were found dead along a rivulet near the village. He said no insecticide or pesticide sprayed in the fields as yet. "We never found such high number of dead birds in this season and that too in a small area. There can be more birds in the fields with crops," he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45635765.cms

Comment

Published on: Dec 27 2014 2:44AM Samples of crows test negative

Chandigarh, December 26
        Samples of dead crows found in Tarn Taran and migratory birds in Faridkot have been tested negative for avian influenza virus (H5N1). The report of samples of bar-headed geese found dead in Jind district of Haryana is awaited.

Bird flu: Crows and geese test negative
        TNN | Dec 27, 2014, 03.03 AM IST

CHANDIGARH: Amid concerns over avian flu, experts have found that geese and crows that died in Haryana recently did not have the deadly disease. Fourteen bar-headed geese had been found dead under mysterious circumstances at Gatuali village of Jind district in Haryana on Sunday. On the same day, six crows were found dead in the catchment area of Kaushalya Dam near Panchkula.
        Amid concerns over avian flu, experts have found that geese and crows that died in Haryana recently did not have the deadly disease.

Comment

Crows in Tarn Taran died due to toxicity: Animal husbandry director
          Jyotsna Jalali, Hindustan Times Chandigarh, December 26, 2014
          First Published: 22:11 IST(26/12/2014) | Last Updated: 22:13 IST(26/12/2014)

The Regional Disease Diagnostic Laboratory in Jalandhar, on Friday, cleared the air around the mysterious death of 300 crows in Tarn Taran, declaring that the death was due to toxicity.

It was about a week ago that about 300 crows had died at Baghiari village near Tarn Taran that is close to a bird sanctuary at Sarai Amanat Khan.

The stomach content samples have tested positive for some poisonous content and a final report is being prepared. Earlier, the lab had tested the crow samples negative for avian flu. Also, as per reports from the lab, the samples from Jind and Pinjore in Haryana have also tested negative for avian flu.

Comment

Posted at: Jan 3 2015 1:35AM
            BIRD FLU SCARE
            Experts hint at pesticides behind bird deaths
            Aparna Banerji
            Tribune News Service

Jalandhar, january 2
            ... While experts hint the prevalence of pesticides as one of the common causes for the deaths, the agricultural department currently seems to be on a denial mode about this new finding.
            So far, samples which have indicated the presence of pesticides in them are 300 to 400 deaths in the Tarn Taran. Poultry samples from Sangrur (three days ago) have also indicated the presence of pesticides in them.
            Dr Vinay Mohan, Joint Director, Regional Disease and Diagnostics Laboratory, Jalandhar, said, "Only the initial geese samples tested positive for avian influenza and rest all the samples which have come in so far have not indicated any presence of avian flu in them. In fact all the samples which have arrived so far display very scattered results with some testing positive for liver problems, nephrosis, chronic respiratory disease (found in samples from Pinjore) among others. However, there are some samples in which pesticides could be seen as the common cause. Samples from both Tarn Taran and Sangrur had such indications."
            Between December 18 and 21, 500 crows died in Baghiari village at Tarn Taran, which is near the bird sanctuary at Sarai Amanat Khan, 32 crows at Pinjore and 14 bar headed geese at Ghatauli village in Jind had also been reported dead. Brds have also been reported dead at Faridkot.
            Notably, while the scare has spread as far as HP and Haryana with samples also coming in from neighbouring states to the laboratory, the 300 bird samples from Shimla were termed as a case of death due to cold draft.
            http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/jal...ths/25742.html

Comment

Working...
            X