• Show
Clear All

• India: Migratory Birds Found Dead near Rly Station in Central Kerala

Source: http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2541211.ece

Migratory Birds Found Dead near Rly Station
    By Dhinesh Kallungal
    Published: 26th November 2014 06:03 AM
    Last Updated: 26th November 2014 06:03 AM

THRISSUR: In what could be the first instance in central Kerala, around half a dozen migratory birds were found dead near the Thrissur Railway station with suspected symptoms of Avian Flu. The fish eating little cormorants, ?eranda? in local parlance, were found dead just beneath the trees, the favourite roosting and nesting spot of migratory birds here.

The preliminary analysis throws suspicion on H1N1 (bird flu) outbreak, said Dr K S Thilakan, chief veterinary officer and district coordinator, Animal Disease Control project...

Re: India: Migratory Birds Found Dead near Rly Station in Central Kerala

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
    Source: http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...cle2541211.ece

Migratory Birds Found Dead near Rly Station
    By Dhinesh Kallungal
    Published: 26th November 2014 06:03 AM
    Last Updated: 26th November 2014 06:03 AM

THRISSUR: In what could be the first instance in central Kerala, around half a dozen migratory birds were found dead near the Thrissur Railway station with suspected symptoms of Avian Flu. The fish eating little cormorants, ?eranda? in local parlance, were found dead just beneath the trees, the favourite roosting and nesting spot of migratory birds here.

The preliminary analysis throws suspicion on H1N1 (bird flu) outbreak, said Dr K S Thilakan, chief veterinary officer and district coordinator, Animal Disease Control project...
    I thought H1N1 was a Swine flu.

Comment

Re: India: Migratory Birds Found Dead near Rly Station in Central Kerala

Some Indian media is prone to inaccuracies.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X