Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italy - Sicily: 2 deaths, 4 hospitalized at nursing home in Comiso - ​Possible food poisoning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Italy - Sicily: 2 deaths, 4 hospitalized at nursing home in Comiso - ​Possible food poisoning

    COMISO

    Two die at nursing home, homicide probe opened

    12/01/2015

    Comiso, January 12 - Investigators have opened a homicide prove after two residents of a nursing home in Comiso who died on Monday, ANSA sources said. Two women, ages 46 and 52, died within hours of each other on Monday at the nursing home in southern Sicily, and five others were taken to hospital and are in stable condition.
    ...
    http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/news/en...be-opened.html

  • #2
    Translation Google

    Ragusa, two dead and four hospitalized among the guests of a rest home

    Possible food poisoning. The victims are a 47 year old and a woman of 52. Open an investigation for manslaughter and injuries. The seizure of food.

    01/12/2015

    Two dead and four patients, three men and a woman, hospitalized with suspected symptoms of toxicosis. Maybe the food, but it is not excluded any track, as drugs and drinks. It is the balance of the tragedy that occurred last Sunday in a nursing home which also houses psychiatric patients, the `Beautiful days', Comiso at the center of an investigation for manslaughter and was opened by the prosecutor of Ragusa. The victims are a man of 47 years, a native of the capital Ibleo, and a woman, aged 52, of Victoria.

    With them yesterday, they feel bad four other people who live in the first floor of a building that houses a total of ten people. In common they have eaten the night before the same foods, sausage and mozzarella, served in the house, and symptoms: vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. The first to show a strong discomfort, yesterday morning, is the 47 year old: from structure called the 118, but when the ambulance arrives he is already dead. The cause of death was cardiac arrest, a suspected myocardial infarction. The case seems clear and the body handed over to family members, who initiate the process for the funeral. But in the late afternoon at the police station of the state police to arrive Comiso reporting of death in the hospital Regina Margherita of another guest of the same structure: a woman of 52 years who had been hospitalized for an injury to the foot, which was procured with a fall because cultured ill. The first hypothesis of death is pancreatitis. Simultaneously investigators learn that four other people, three men and a woman, the `Beautiful days' guests were taken to hospital for medical checks.

    Take the investigation by the Prosecutor of Ragusa, coordinated by the head office, Carmelo Petralia, and the substitute Francesco Puleio, who delegate the investigation also the squad of the police station to clarify the matter. Which has several sides still unclear who will perhaps be clarified only by autopsy and toxicology tests, which will be presented tomorrow at the coroner. The food, first of all. Mozzarella and mortadella remained were seized immediately, as well as other `avanzi'. But, says the owner of the nursing home, John Salerno, "has bought a week in the same supermarket, and mozzarella are sealed one by one." For that believes "rule out that the death was due to a food poisoning", although accurate, "were free to travel around the country and could have eaten somewhere else." Also the same foods were administered also guests of another apartment that `Beautiful days' has the same building, on the second floor. And none of them had problems. For this reason, the state police also seized drugs and drinks are in the house, and audits were also arranged by the ASP 7 of Ragusa.

    The prosecutor has opened a file for dual manslaughter and personal injury, although at the time no members under investigation. The police will notify 'as necessary act of delegation of the judiciary, the notices to "interested persons" investigation to perform acts unrepeatable, as the autopsy. Hoping to clarify the cause of the two deaths.

    Possibile una intossicazione alimentare. Le vittime sono un 47enne e una donna di 52. Aperta un’inchiesta per omicidio colposo e lesioni. Disposto il sequestro…

    Comment


    • #3
      Translation Google

      News Report: Nursing Home Comiso, seized medical records


      Continue the investigation to identify the causes that two days ago have caused the deaths of two patients in the guest house of rest "Beautiful day" of Pedalino, fraction of Comiso, in Ragusa. The victims - remember - I am a man of 47 years, a native of the capital ibleo, and a woman of fifty-Victoria. Besides them, four other people, all guests of the structure that houses the elderly and sick people with mental illness, were admitted to the hospital Guzzardi Victory after manifesting symptoms of food poisoning.

      On the case investigating the police officers and the team mobile, as delegated by the prosecution to Ragusa, confiscated food, drugs and drinks that would have caused the toxicosis. In addition to the seizure of food, the prosecutor ordered the acts for the acquisition of medical records and medical victims. Three warnings were reported by police to "interested persons" investigation. However, these warnings issued as a necessary act to perform examinations unrepeatable as the autopsy. There is still no suspects, in fact, the dossier of inquiry opened by the prosecutor Carmelo Petralia and substitute Francesco Puleio for dual manslaughter and personal injury.

      It will be the coroner Joseph Boys to perform autopsies on the two bodies and toxicological investigations. They have also been appointed as experts some experts of the Institute of Forensic Medicine in Catania. The first test results will not know until a few days.

      http://www.hercole.it/index.php?opti...147&Itemid=111

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


      Discharged from the hospital this morning the four people ended up in the "Guzzardi"

      Died Pedalino for food poisoning? It may determine only the autopsy

      Reviewed by desk1 January 13, 2015 - 15:01

      The tests on the bodies of Joan and Richard Savage Sortino who were admitted to a retirement home will be performed by the coroner Joseph Boys

      It will be an autopsy to determine the cause of death of Joan Savage, 51, of Victoria, and Riccardo Sortino, 46, of Ragusa, died Sunday afternoon in a rest home of Pedalino, a fraction of Comiso. Among the first hypothesis of the investigators, the cause of death may have been caused by food poisoning. But the certainties you may have after the results of the autopsy. The prosecutor coordinating the investigation, Francesco Pulejo, has entrusted the task to the coroner Joseph Boys. Meanwhile this morning were discharged from the hospital "Guzzardi" Victory, the four people who had come under observation, even their guests of the rest home. Three people ended up on the docket. The hypothesis that of manslaughter.

      http://www.nuovosud.it/20635-cronaca...ilire-soltanto

      Comment

      Working...
      X