• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder
    replied
    Re: Switzerland - A patient with Ebola virus was treated and cured

Originally posted by FrenchieGirl View Post
    Found this little snippet in another article about Ebola and the preparedness of the Basel Hospital.

Google approximate translation

A patient with Ebola virus was treated and cured some time ago in Basel, said Andreas Widmer, head of hygiene in USB (University Hospital of Basel). The hospital therefore has some experience.

---------------------------------

Comment:

I don't know if this might not be a mistaken quote, as this case does not seem to appear as an imported contact on WHO lists. I have scoured the French- and German- speaking Google for more results, but that's the only source - one day ago. At present, there does not seem to be any Ebola patient in Switzerland.
    I believe this case was from 1995:

Translation Google
    A case in Basel in 1995
    Switzerland has already experienced a case of a patient treated for Ebola virus. It was in 1995, a Swiss zoologist returning from Côte d'Ivoire had contracted the disease. Hospitalized in Basel, she recovered and did not contaminated anybody.

Leave a comment:

• FrenchieGirl
    replied

Maybe it was a genuine mistake - a journalist that "over-reported".

Leave a comment:

• kiwibird
    replied

Perhaps it was an historical infection - 1994- http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/conten...ent_1/S48.full

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied

From what I understand from this board and members who posted WHO regulations, governments/Ministries of Health are required to release positive Ebola test information to WHO, but can refuse to allow WHO to release the information. Countries with positive cases may not want information publicized because they fear economic reprisals.

Leave a comment:

• Switzerland - A patient with Ebola virus was treated and cured

Found this little snippet in another article about Ebola and the preparedness of the Basel Hospital.

Google approximate translation

A patient with Ebola virus was treated and cured some time ago in Basel, said Andreas Widmer, head of hygiene in USB (University Hospital of Basel). The hospital therefore has some experience.

---------------------------------

Comment:

I don't know if this might not be a mistaken quote, as this case does not seem to appear as an imported contact on WHO lists. I have scoured the French- and German- speaking Google for more results, but that's the only source - one day ago. At present, there does not seem to be any Ebola patient in Switzerland.
Working...
X