Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italy - COVID-19 Patients Receive Oxygen in Cars in Italy as Hospitals Overwhelmed - November 11, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy - COVID-19 Patients Receive Oxygen in Cars in Italy as Hospitals Overwhelmed - November 11, 2020

COVID-19 Patients Receive Oxygen in Cars in Italy as Hospitals Overwhelmed

BY BASIT MAHMOOD ON 11/11/20 AT 5:15 AM EST

People with suspected COVID-19 in Italy's third-largest city, Naples, have been given oxygen treatment in their cars after a nearby hospital reached its maximum capacity.

Queues of cars formed outside Cotugno Hospital, with fears that there may not be enough doctors available to treat patients. As a second wave of the virus takes place across Europe, Italy has recorded over 990,000 cases and over 42,000 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Antonio Abenante, a local resident in the regional capital of Campania, told Sky News that he was unable to get information about his father's condition. He said: "Today my father didn't reply to me on the phone, and I am worried. We called a doctor, and he told us all the doctors in the ward are in isolation because they got COVID-19, and this was the doctor on duty and he didn't know anything."

more...

Italy has recorded over 990,000 cases of COVID-19 and over 42,000 deaths as a second wave of the virus hits the country.

"Colleagues tell me about incredible scenes: there are people who stay in the car for hours and oxygen is supplied to the cars because there is no possibility of welcoming them ".

A dirlo e' Walter Ricciardi, consulente del ministro della Salute, ad Agora' su Rai 3. "A Napoli in certi ospedali si e' oltre la soglia di saturazione -
    "Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Working...
    X