X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syria: Leishmaniasis spreads in refugee camps in Idlib

Source: https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/dunya/idlib...iliyor/1902102

Orient bladder disease spreads in refugee camps in Idlib
    "We are worried about the spread of the disease, we cannot control it. We need health care, treatment and medicine." said.
    Mehmet Burak Karacaoğlu, Ahmet Karaahmet | 07/07/2020

dlib

In the refugee camps in Idlib, Syria, improper living conditions and insufficient health services cause the spread of oriental boils.

In the camps where the civilians escaped from the attacks of the Bashar Assad regime and their supporters, the risk of oriental boils arose due to the exposed septic pits and infrastructure problems, especially the damaged sewage.

Having escaped from the attacks and taking refuge in the Damascus al-No camp with his family, Muhammed el İbrahim told the AA reporter that 7 people from his family were infected with a sore boil.

İbrahim, "The situation of the camp we live in is deplorable. There is a dirty puddle and bad smell in the camp. 7 people from my family got sick and the children are not recovering." said.

Stating that there is no health center in the camp, İbrahim said, "We applied alternative medicine methods but we did not see the benefit. We are worried about the spread of this disease. We cannot control it. We need health care, treatment and medicine."

Adnan Kaddur, who is responsible for the camp, said, "425 families live in the camp. 120 families are infected. The disease is transmitted due to the absence of the drug in the region, the accumulation of sewage waters on the roads. The number continues to increase every day." spoke in the form.

Idlib's doctor Ibrahim Mekki also said that the lack of medicines in the city caused the spread of oriental boils.

Stating that the oriental boil is an infectious skin disease, Mekki said, "The disease is transmitted by the bite of the flyfly. After the diagnosis, the treatment process begins. We are treated according to the number of wounds, region and resistance of the body. mosquito net should be used and open sewer pits should be closed. " used expressions.
    Oriental boil

The disease, which is mostly seen in the Mediterranean and the Middle East in the world, is caused by a parasite called "Leishmania tropica".

The germs infested by flies such as Tatarcık and yakarca can spread rapidly in distressed areas in terms of hygiene and cleanliness. The parasite that causes the gum with the spread of the virus to the body over time creates a pink spot where the fly bites. Over time, the stain becomes more noticeable and becomes a wound.

Source: https://english.enabbaladi.net/archi...orthern-syria/

Strenuous efforts to curb “leishmaniasis” northern Syria
    13/07/2020 9:59 am
    Enab Baladi- Aleppo Countryside

“The faces of my children are disfigured”, with these words Obeid al-Annad, a displaced refugee in “Hudhayfah Bin al-Yaman” camp near al-Dana town in Idlib governorate, expressed his suffering for having five children infected with “leishmaniasis parasite”

Obeid proceeded by saying to Enab Baladi “at first, my ten-year-old daughter was infected by leishmania and more than 30 boils appeared on her face. Consequently, she had to be injected with 50 muscle syringes in al-Dana and al-Tawameh medical centers as well as mobile medical teams in camps.”

He added with grief “she finished her treatment and my daughter’s face was disfigured, I thought it was all over now, but unfortunately, my four other kids respectively were infected with this parasite, in less than a month.”
    Thousands of infections

Obeid’s children are only a sample of thousands of leishmaniasis infections commonly known as “boil of the year” or “Aleppo boil” according to Muhammad Omar, the Medical Director of international organization “the Mentor” specialized in fighting the disease operating northern Syria. Omar said that the number of infections has reached 40 thousand people, 25 thousand of them are centered in Idlib, while the other 15 thousand are scattered throughout the rest of areas in the north...

Comment

Working...
    X