Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro Surveill. Outbreak of Salmonella Thompson in the Netherlands since July 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Surveill. Outbreak of Salmonella Thompson in the Netherlands since July 2012

[Source: Eurosurveillance, full text: (LINK). Abstract, edited.]
    Eurosurveillance, Volume 17, Issue 43, 25 October 2012

Rapid communications

Outbreak of Salmonella Thompson in the Netherlands since July 2012

I H Friesema ()<SUP>1</SUP>, A E de Jong<SUP>2</SUP>, I A Fitz James<SUP>2</SUP>, M E Heck<SUP>1</SUP>, J H van den Kerkhof<SUP>1</SUP>, D W Notermans<SUP>1</SUP>, W van Pelt<SUP>1</SUP>, A Hofhuis<SUP>1</SUP>
    1. Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), Bilthoven, the Netherlands
    2. Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA), Utrecht, the Netherlands
    <HR>
    Citation style for this article: Friesema IH, de Jong AE, Fitz James IA, Heck ME, van den Kerkhof JH, Notermans DW, van Pelt W, Hofhuis A. Outbreak of Salmonella Thompson in the Netherlands since July 2012. Euro Surveill. 2012;17(43):pii=20303. Available online: http://www.eurosurveillance.org/View...rticleId=20303
    Date of submission: 15 October 2012
    <HR>An ongoing outbreak of salmonellosis due to Salmonella Thompson is affecting the Netherlands. Between 2 August and 19 October 2012, 866 cases were confirmed. Their median age was 44 years (range: 0?95 years), 63% were female and 36% were hospitalised. A matched case?control study suggested smoked salmon as the vehicle. Salmonella Thompson was confirmed in four of nine batches of smoked salmon from one producer. A recall of all concerned smoked salmon products was executed starting end of September.
    - ------
Working...
X