• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia: 2022 Dengue

Source: https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2...eaths-april-30

Dengue cases on the rise, seven deaths as of April 30
    By Dawn Chan - May 5, 2022 @ 8:54am

KUALA LUMPUR: The nation's dengue threat is on the rise where 12,942 people had contracted the disease while seven had died up to the 17th epidemiological week (ME) from April 24-30.

The numbers are on a rise in comparison to 9,270 cases and five deaths reported up to the same period last year, said health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.

"During this year's 17th ME, 1,021 people were infected with dengue and one death was reported.

"It is an increase of 54 cases or 5.6 per cent from the 16th ME (April 17-23) which registered 967 cases and one death," he said in a statement today...

bump this

Comment

Source: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...ealth-director

Dengue: Selangor records 9,357 cases, says Health Director
      Friday, 13 May 2022
      10:56 AM MYT

SHAH ALAM: A total of 9,357 cases of dengue fever have been reported in Selangor so far this year, says State Health Director Datuk Dr Sha’ari Ngadiman on the State Health Department’s Facebook on Friday (May 13).

He said one death due to dengue had been reported this year.

According to him, during the 18th epi week (ME 18) this year, which was from May 1 to 7, a total of 470 dengue cases were reported in Selangor, a decrease of 28.4% compared to 656 cases the previous week...

Comment

Source: https://outbreaknewstoday.com/malays...-in-2022-2022/

Malaysia: Dengue cases more than double in 2022
        by News Desk
        September 30, 2022

The Malaysia Ministry of Health reports the number of dengue fever cases reported in 2022 to date have more than doubled the numbers seen during the same period in 2021.
        Through September 24, Malaysia has seen a cumulative 42,084 cases compared to 19,423 cases for the same period in 2021 which is an increase of 22,661 cases (116.7%), while there were 24 deaths due to dengue complications reported compared to 13 deaths for the same period in 2021...

Comment

Source: https://www.malaymail.com/news/malay...n-azizah/42235

Selangor records 31,822 dengue cases until Nov 19
          Sunday, 27 Nov 2022 2:59 PM MYT

SHAH ALAM, Nov 27 — Selangor recorded a total of 31,822 dengue cases from January until November 19, said state Health director Datuk Dr Sha’ari Ngadiman.

He said it was a 131.5 per cent increase in the number of cases compared to the 13,745 cases in the same period last year.

“In the 46th epidemiology week from November 13 to 19, a total of 744 dengue cases have been reported in Selangor, which was a decrease of 8.4 per cent (68 cases) compared to 812 cases in the previous week,” he told Bernama when contacted today...

Comment

Source: https://www.malaymail.com/news/malay...cal-week/43117

Dr Noor Hisham: Dengue cases increased by 8.9pc in 47th Epidemiological Week

Friday, 02 Dec 2022 1:12 PM MYT

PUTRAJAYA, Dec 2 ― The total number of dengue fever reported during the 47th Epidemiological Week (ME) rose by 8.9 per cent or 1,734 cases compared to 1,593 in the previous week, said Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.

However, he said, no death from complications due to dengue fever was reported during the week.

He said the cumulative number of dengue fever reported to date was 56,304 cases compared to 23,547 cases during the corresponding period last year, which is an increase of 139.1 per cent, while the total number of deaths reported dengue fever during the period this year was 37, from 18 in 2021.

“There were also 54 hotspot locations identified during this (47th) week, compared with 61 hotspots in the week before, with 25 hotspots in Selangor, 19 in Sabah, seven in the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, two in Perak and one in Sarawak,” he said in a statement today.

Dr Noor Hisham said surveillance done on chikungunya recorded 18 cases in the 47th ME with 11 cases in Penang, Selangor (four) and one each in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka.

“The cumulative number of chikungunya cases to date is 710 cases. For the zika surveillance, 1,939 blood samples and 17 urine samples were taken for zika screening and the results were all negative,” he said...

Comment

Source: https://www.malaymail.com/news/malay...11-to-17/46652

Dr Noor Hisham: Dengue cases up 4.2pc from Dec 11 to 17
              Thursday, 22 Dec 2022 5:33 PM MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 22 — The number of dengue fever cases in the 50th Epidemiological Week of 2022 (ME50/22) from December 11 to 17 increased by 4.2 per cent to 1,950 cases compared to 1,871 in the previous week.

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, in a statement today, said five deaths due to dengue fever complications were also reported during the week.

The cumulative number of dengue fever cases reported so far is 62,060 cases compared to 25,161 cases for the corresponding period in 2021, an increase of 146.7 per cent.

At the same time, a total of 49 deaths due to dengue complications were also reported, compared to 19 deaths during the same period last year.

“Some 58 hotspot localities were reported this week, 32 of which were in Selangor, Sabah (16), Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya (six) and Penang (four),” he said.

Regarding chikungunya, Dr Noor Hisham said 22 cases were reported in ME50/22, with 12 cases in Penang, Perak (five), Negri Sembilan (two) and one case each in Selangor, Melaka and Terengganu.

“As for Zika surveillance, a total of 2,132 blood samples and 18 urine samples were screened, and the results were all negative,” he said...

Comment

Working...
              X