• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan: 2016 Crimean-Congo Fever

Link to 2015 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...an-congo-fever

Man dies of Congo virus in Karachi
    April 26, 2016 | By Web Desk | Health 6

Man dies of Congo virus in Karachi

KARACHI: A 32-year old man died of Congo fever on Tuesday, hospital sources confirmed.

This is the second death due to the virus reported this year from the city.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Balochistan resident dies of Congo virus at AKUH
    April 27, 2016

Karachi

The death of 32-year-old man at the Aga Khan University Hospital due to the Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) was confirmed by authorities on Tuesday. The victim, who became the second patient to have died in the city of Congo fever this year, was a resident of Chaman town, Balochistan.
    Karachi The death of 32-year-old man at the Aga Khan University Hospital due to the Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever was confirmed by authorities on Tuesday. The victim, who became the second...
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Public health: Congo virus incidence to be monitored after two cases

Published: July 29, 2016

LAHORE: Advisor to Chief Minister on Health Khwaja Salman Rafiq has constituted a special team to submit a report on prevalence of Congo Fever after two cases were reported from Bahawalpur.
      Earlier, the health services DG informed the meeting that a student nurse from Lodhran?s district headquarters (DHQ) hospital had undergone a surgery at BVH for a condition involving severe abdominal pain. He said the nurse had later died. Four days later, Dr Saghir, who operated on the nurse, was admitted to a private hospital in Karachi with symptoms of hemorrhagic fever. He was later diagnosed with Congo fever. A house surgeon had also developed similar symptoms. The health services DG said that after confirmation of Congo fever in both cases, an alert was issued in Lodhran and Bahawalpur districts.

Comment

hat tip Larry Madoff for the link to an additional media source:

Published Date: 2016-07-30 16:19:11
        Subject: PRO/AH/EDR> Crimean-Congo hem. fever - Pakistan (04): (PB) RFI
        Archive Number: 20160730.4381868

CRIMEAN-CONGO HEMORRHAGIC FEVER - PAKISTAN (04): (PUNJAB) REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
        ************************************************** *******************************
        A ProMED-mail post
        http://www.promedmail.org
        ProMED-mail is a program of the
        International Society for Infectious Diseases
        http://www.isid.org

[1]
        Date: Sat 30 Jul 2016
        Source: Dawn [edited]

A senior registrar of the Bahawal Victoria Hospital (BVH) [Bahawalpur, Punjab province] was put on ventilator after Karachi's Aga Khan Hospital laboratory reports confirmed Congo virus [Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus].

The virus has been confirmed almost a fortnight [2 weeks] after Dr S went down with 'high-grade fever'.

With somewhat similar symptoms and complications, Dr O, a house officer who works in the same ward under Dr S, also underwent tests in Karachi on Friday [29 Jul 2016] (the result is awaited).

http://promedmail.org/direct.php?id=20160730.4381868

Comment

Senior surgeon brought in from Punjab dies of Congo fever
          FAIZA ILYAS ? PUBLISHED ABOUT 9 HOURS AGO

KARACHI: In what should serve as a wake-up call for health authorities that have repeatedly ignored alarm over lack of infection control measures at health facilities, a surgeon recently admitted to a private hospital in the city from Punjab after being infected with Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) died on Saturday.

Dr Sagheer Sameejah, a senior surgeon of surgical ward No 4 at the Bahawal Victoria Hospital (BVH) in Bahawalpur, was recently admitted to the Agha Khan University Hospital in the city.

It?s the second death from the CCHF in the country in the last 15 days. Earlier one patient died in Karachi and the other in Bahawalpur. A patient whose lab reports have tested positive for Congo virus is under treatment at the AKUH.
          KARACHI: In what should serve as a wake-up call for health authorities that have repeatedly ignored alarm over lack...

Comment

First case of 2016 (in Rawalpindi): Patient tests positive for Congo fever

By Our Correspondent Published: July 31, 2016

RAWALPINDI: A patient at Holy Family Hospital (HFH) tested positive for Congo fever on Saturday.

Ulfat Mehmood, 62, was brought to the hospital four days ago from Choha Saiden Shah in Chakwal with a high fever.

The hospital suspected it could be dengue fever and sent samples for testing to the National Institute of Health. The results showed that Mehmood was suffering from Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF).

Comment

An ?alert? NIH waits for Congo fever samples
              IKRAM JUNAIDI ? PUBLISHED ABOUT 9 HOURS AGO

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of National Health Services (NHS) has put the National Institute of Health (NIH) on high alert, and cancelled staffers? holidays in order to deal with samples of Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) that surfaced in Bahawalpur.

A joint NIH and Punjab Health Department team has also been sent to Bahawalpur to investigate the prevalence of the disease and provide its consensus to devise a future strategy.
              ?65 theatre and ward staff from BVH and close contacts are under observation, and four close contacts are quarantined. The livestock department has been contacted for preventive measures and to identify ticks. 25 relatives and all 25 close contacts of the staff nurse from Lodhran are in quarantine and are being observed for 14 days,? he said.
              ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of National Health Services (NHS) has put the National Institute of Health (NIH) on high...

Comment

Two doctors from Punjab suspected of having Congo fever cleared, discharged
                FAIZA ILYAS ? UPDATED ABOUT 8 HOURS AGO

KARACHI: The provincial health authorities announced on Sunday that the two suspected Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) patients, who were under treatment at a private hospital, had been discharged after their laboratory reports came back negative.

The two patients, both doctors at a hospital in Punjab, had come to Karachi for treatment with their senior colleague, a surgeon who was tested positive for Congo virus and died a day earlier.

?Both doctors, Dr Owais and Dr Alam, were tested negative and have been discharged from the Aga Khan University Hospital,? said focal person of the provincial health department Dr Syed Zafar Mehdi, while rejecting reports that there was one CCHF positive patient at the AKUH. No further details on their cases were available, he added.
                Sindh health dept says both patients tested negative for the virus, denies a positive case detected at AKUH.

Comment

Congo virus reported in Balochistan

in Quetta / on August 3, 2016 at 12:00 am /
                  QUETTA: Congo virus has been reported in Balochistan as a 12-year-old girl suffering from Congo fever was brought to Fatima Jinnah TB Sanatorium Hospital in Quetta from Ziarat hill station for medical treatment.

The doctors at the hospital said that the girl was admitted to isolation ward of the hospital where she was provided medical treatment. The laboratory tests confirmed the presence of Congo virus in the girl.

Comment

Rawalpindi: 5 more diagnosed with Congo virus
                    Last Updated On 06 August,2016 04:49 pm

14-year-old Usman recently died because of Congo fever
                    RAWALPINIDI (Dunya News) – Five people belonging to the Rawalpindi region were diagnosed with Congo virus on Saturday, reported Dunya News.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/3480...th-Congo-virus

Comment

Congo fever claims another life within a fortnight
                      Home / Today's Paper / Karachi / Congo fever claims another life within a fortnight
                      August 12, 2016Print : Karachi

Congo fever claims another life within a fortnight
                      Karachi: A 65-year-old man died of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) at a private hospital on Thursday, becoming the second victim in two weeks.

The Sindh government?s focal person confirmed the death of Abdul Hakeem, who hailed from Afghanistan and had been under treatment at the hospital.

With his death, the number of the victims of Congo fever in the city had risen to four this year, he said.
                      Karachi: A 65-year-old man died of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever at a private hospital on Thursday, becoming the second victim in two weeks. The Sindh government’s focal person confirmed...

Comment

The deadly virus returns
                        Yasir Habib Khan August 14, 2016 Leave a comment

There is an urgent need to devise a national policy on infectious diseases to counter the threat of Congo virus as Eidul Azha approaches

Congo fever has once again reared its ugly head, taking lives of five people so far this year. Among them are Nadia, a student nurse, hailing from Lodhran, who died on July 17 and Dr Sagheer Sameejah, a senior medical practitioner, who operated upon Nadia before passing away.
                        Last year, the death toll reported in KP alone was 24.
                        Muhammad Mehdi, Media Coordinator, PML-N, says that the government has converted most of Dengue isolation wards into Congo isolation wards with immediate effect. ?All suspected patients ? 2 from Mayo, 1 from Services and 2 from Holy Family Hospital have been quarantined and cleared so far.?

Comment

Animal trader from Punjab dies of Congo fever
                          HASAN MANSOOR ? UPDATED ABOUT 7 HOURS AGO

KARACHI: A trader from Bahawalpur, who had brought sacrificial animals in the city to sell ahead of Eidul Azha, died at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) after being inflicted with the deadly Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF),taking the toll of victims of the disease in the city to four this year, officials said on Friday.
                          He was the fourth victim of CCHF and the third death in the last three weeks.
                          The young trader’s death has alarmed the local authorities.

Comment

Death toll goes to 19 in Quetta?s congo virus
                            Home / Health / Death toll goes to 19 in Quetta?s congo virus
                            By GEO ENGLISHAugust 21, 2016Latest : Health

QUETTA: A woman succumbed to Congo virus in Quetta on Saturday, taking the death toll from the virus to 19 in the country this year.

The woman, named Fatima Bibi, was under treatment at Quetta?s Fatimah Jinnah TB sanatorium hospital. She had been brought to Quetta from the Kandahar area of Afghanistan three days ago when she had been suspected of carrying the virus and had been admitted to the hospital.

Fatima Bibi?s blood samples had been sent to laboratory, where they were confirmed to be affected by the virus. She died late Saturday.

12 people have died of the virus in Balochistan this year.

Death toll from the Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever or Congo virus in Pakistan has climbed to 19 this year, with five deaths reported in Karachi, twelve in Quetta and two in Bahawalpur.
                            QUETTA: A woman succumbed to Congo virus in Quetta on Saturday, taking the death toll from the virus to 19 in the country this year. The woman, named Fatima Bibi, was under treatment at...

Comment

Tick-borne Congo virus claims another life
                              | Experts call for steps against outbreak ahead of Eidul Azha

August 22, 2016 SHARE :
                              NADER BUNERI/APP

PESHAWAR/QUETTA - A total of 20 people died because of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) in the country this year including 12 patients from Balochistan, five from Karachi while five suspected patients were registered in Hayatabad Medical Complex in Peshawar.

The latest victim, a woman, died of the virus at Fatima Jinnah TB Sanatorium Hospital in Quetta who was brought from Afghanistan for medical treatment.
                              PESHAWAR/QUETTA - A total of 20 people died because of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) in the country this year including 12 patients from Balochistan,

Afghan woman dies of Congo fever
                              THE NEWSPAPER'S STAFF CORRESPONDENT — PUBLISHED ABOUT 7 HOURS AGO

QUETTA: An Afghan woman died of Congo virus at the Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB Hospital on Sunday.

Fatima Bibi, 45, was brought here from Kandahar four days ago with complaint of bleeding from nose and mouth along with a 20-year-old man, Habibullah. Congo virus was confirmed in their blood test reports received from a Karachi hospital laboratory.
                              QUETTA: An Afghan woman died of Congo virus at the Fatima Jinnah Chest and TB Hospital on Sunday.Fatima Bibi, 45, ...

Comment

Working...
                              X