Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippines: 2019 Measles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Philippines: 2019 Measles

    Source: https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/02/05/...eaths-reported

    Measles cases flood Manila hospital; 7 recent deaths reported
    Arianne Merez, ABS-CBN News

    Posted at Feb 05 2019 07:01 PM | Updated as of Feb 05 2019 07:26 PM


    MANILA- Measles cases have been pouring in at a hospital in Manila with most patients lacking vaccination for the infectious disease.

    At least 248 children and 21 adults are being treated for measles in the San Lazaro Hospital, a known facility for infectious diseases.

    Hospital spokesperson Dr. Ferdinand de Guzman said on Monday night alone, 7 deaths were recorded, of which 3 are due to complications due to measles.

    Last week, 9 children died within a day due to measles, De Guzman added...

  • #2
    Source: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/201..._137802869.htm


    Philippine health department declares measles outbreak in Metro Manila
    Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-06 19:36:30|Editor: ZX

    MANILA, Feb. 6 (Xinhua) -- The Philippine health department has noted a sharp rise of measles cases in Metro Manila, prompting health authorities to declare on Wednesday measles outbreak in the Philippine capital...

    ...Measles cases in the NCR rose by 550 percent from Jan. 1 to Feb. 6, 2019 compared to the same period last year, he added.

    As of Feb. 2, Health Undersecretary Enrico Domingo said at least 861 suspected cases of measles have been reported all over Metro Manila...

    Comment


    • #3
      Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...he-philippines

      Philippines hit by deadly measles outbreak after controversy over dengue vaccinations
      Published 6 hours ago

      MANILA - The Philippines is battling a surge in measles cases in the capital, Manila, as well as elsewhere in the country with dozens dying from a disease which was long under control.

      As many as 57 people, including infants and children, have died at the government-run San Lazaro Hospital in Manila, its spokesman Dr Ferdinand de Guzman said.

      The health department believes the spike in cases are due to parents opting not to have their children vaccinated for measles and other highly contagious diseases.

      Health Secretary Francisco Duque told reporters on Thursday (Feb 7) measles cases in Manila and in seven other regions had risen more than five-fold to 1,500 so far this year from just 250 a year ago.

      There has been “a big, big difference”, he said.

      Four hundred forty one cases were reported in metropolitan Manila, which spans 16 cities and one town, a 1,125 per cent increase from last year.

      In the eastern part of central Philippines, the uptick has been as high as 5,000 per cent, from just a single case a year ago to 54 as of Jan 26.

      Acknowledging the health emergency, President Rodrigo Duterte ordered a “vigorous campaign” to get parents to have their children vaccinated...

      Comment


      • #4
        Source: https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1787011


        Measles cases up in Baguio, Benguet
        JONATHAN LLANES
        February 10, 2019

        THE Department of Health (DOH)-Cordillera assured there is enough supply of anti-measles vaccines amid an increase in cases in Baguio City and Benguet Province.

        Amelita Pangilinan, DOH–CAR officer-in-charge, said Baguio recorded 56 cases while Benguet reported six from January to February this year...

        Comment


        • #5
          Source: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/201..._137813266.htm

          Resurgence of measles in Philippines kills 70 so far this year
          Source: Xinhua| 2019-02-11 16:49:21|Editor: xuxin

          MANILA, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- The Philippine government has recorded at least 70 measles-related deaths in several regions in the country in just over one month, the health department said on Monday.

          Validated data from different regions culled by the Epidemiology Bureau of the Philippine Department of Health (DOH) showed that from Jan. 1 to Feb. 9 this year, a total of 4,302 measles cases have been reported, with 70 deaths.

          Sixty-six percent of them had no history of vaccination against measles, according to the data.

          Of the total deaths, the DOH said ages ranged from one month to 31 years old. "Notably, 79 percent of those who died had no history of vaccination," the DOH said...

          Comment


          • #6
            Source: http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1061725


            2 deaths, 289 measles cases in NorMin: DOH
            By Nef Luczon and Ercel Maandig February 12, 2019, 7:24 pm

            CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY--The Department of Health in Region 10 (DOH-10) said measles cases have reached 289 cases in Northern Mindanao since January 2019, including two deaths.

            But Dr. Ian Gonzales, DOH-10 chief of non-communicable diseases department, said the agency has not yet declared an outbreak because most of the cases have yet to be verified...

            ************************************************** ****

            Source: http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1061602

            Bacolod sets up measles fast lanes; cases hit 53 since Jan. 1
            By Nanette Guadalquiver February 12, 2019, 6:44 pm

            BACOLOD CITY -- The Bacolod City Health Office (CHO) is setting up fast lanes in barangay health centers to accommodate suspected measles patients as cases in the city reached 53 from January 1 to February 10 this year.

            Dr. Maria Carmela Gensoli, city health officer, said in a press briefing on Monday that she would issue a memorandum within the day for all health centers to put in place their response to measles cases...


            ************************************************** ***

            Source: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/108480...-measles-cases

            Code white’ alert up in Central Visayas with rise in measles cases
            By: Dale G. Israel -
            Inquirer Visayas / 05:11 PM February 12, 2019

            CEBU CITY — The Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH-7) has declared a “code white” alert in Region 7 after measles cases went up to 145 with two deaths this year.

            Dr. Shelbay Blanco, head of the Regional Epidemiology Surveillance Unit (RESU), said code white meant that all hospitals in Cebu, Bohol, Negros Oriental and Siquijor would be required to set up emergency response team, “quick or priority lanes” and isolation rooms for patients suspected to be afflicted with measles...

            ************************************************** ***

            Source: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/108476...e-from-measles


            Bulacan execs call for emergency meet as 6 die from measles
            Inquirer Central Luzon / 04:35 PM February 12, 2019

            CITY OF MALOLOS — Bulacan officials on Tuesday called for an emergency meeting as the death toll from measles reached six in the province since January.

            Joy Gomez, Bulacan public health officer, said the six fatalities were all children aged 21 months to four years old...

            Comment


            • #7
              Source: https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1...thern-Mindanao

              DOH: 289 measles cases in Northern Mindanao
              JO ANN SABLAD
              February 14, 2019

              A TOTAL of 289 measles cases in Northern Mindanao, including two deaths, was recorded from January 2019 until present, the Department of Health (DOH) in the region said.

              However, the DOH has not declared an outbreak yet as some of the recorded cases are still being confirmed by the central office in Manila, doctor Ian Gonzales, chief of non-communicable diseases department of DOH-Northern Mindanao, said.

              "There are confirmed 289 (cases, but) I don't have the figure since I am not with the surveillance (team)," he added...

              ************************************************** *******************************

              Source: http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1061895


              DOH records 204 measles cases in Region 12
              By Edwin Fernandez February 14, 2019, 7:32 pm

              KIDAPAWAN CITY – The Department of Health in Region 12 (DOH-12) has recorded 204 measles cases and one mortality from January until Feb. 13 this year.

              Jenny Panizales Ventura, DOH-12 focal person for measles prevention program, said the number of suspected measles in government and private hospitals in the region is rising.

              However, Ventura noted that the number of measles cases this year is still lower compared to last year's.

              “This is 26 percent lower as compared to the same period in 2018,” Ventura said in a phone interview...

              Comment


              • #8
                Source: https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1787885


                Central Luzon records 721 measles cases, 14 deaths
                PO FLORA
                February 15, 2019

                THE Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit reported a total of 721 measles cases in Central Luzon region with 14 deaths as of February 12 this year.

                The Department of Health (DoH) regional office ordered monitoring and rapid coverage assessment in all provinces as it tries to immunize 625,094 children who have not been inoculated, according to the Regional Local Health Support Division.

                “This figure is the best estimate based on target population of those who are susceptible to measles after the last supplemental immunization in 2014,” DOH Regional Local Health Support Division chief Lailani Mangulabnan said in a recent press conference...

                Comment

                Working...
                X