Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nevada: 2015 Measles- More cases in Clark Co.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nevada: 2015 Measles- More cases in Clark Co.

    Source: http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/st...gvOTEvP1g.cspx

    Officials report 1st Clark County measles case since 2011
    Updated: 12:54 pm

    LAS VEGAS (AP) ? Health officials say they've confirmed the first case of measles in Clark County since 2011.

    Southern Nevada Health District spokeswoman Jennifer Sizemore says the case was confirmed Wednesday but is not connected with the recent outbreak linked to Disneyland...

  • #2
    Source: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/279274...ey-high-school

    LAS VEGAS -- The Clark County School District said on Friday a case of measles reported a day earlier was at Valley High School in Las Vegas.

    While the Southern Nevada Health District said it does not normally comment on cases, it did so because the school district announced it was a local high school student.

    School staff sent home a letter to Valley High parents stating the student who had the virus contracted it during the time frame of January 8-12.

    Students at Valley High are taking precaution...

    Comment


    • #3
      Source: http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...7fCdeM0hw.cspx



      Health District reports 2nd Clark County measles case
      Updated: 12:12 pm

      LAS VEGAS (KSNV MyNews3.com) ? The Southern Nevada Health District is reporting that a second person has been diagnosed with measles in Clark County...

      Comment


      • #4
        Source: http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2015/0...know/22790051/

        8 things to know about possible Washoe measles outbreak
        6:43 a.m. PST February 3, 2015

        Two possible measles cases were reported Monday to the Washoe County Health District, prompting officials to contact 40 families at Spanish Springs Elementary School...


        Comment


        • #5
          Source: http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2015/0...ults/23181753/

          Two measles cases cleared, 4 suspected await lab results
          Marcella Corona, RGJ 11:56 a.m. PST February 10, 2015

          Washoe County health officials were awaiting lab results on four suspected cases of measles that were previously reported last week.

          ?We have lab results coming in from a lot of different people, and we?re not going be putting out information on how many people we?re testing because it?s a fluid situation,? Washoe County Health District spokesman Phil Ulibarri said Tuesday morning. ?We get calls from a lot of people on communicable diseases like the flu and that takes time from the labs.?

          Timely results depend on which lab is working on the cases and what tests are needed, Ulibarri said. Regardless, he said he estimates lab results to be completed in three days...

          Comment


          • #6
            Source: http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/02...measles-cases/

            Health District Identifies 3rd And 4th Measles Cases

            February 11, 2015 1:10 PM
            February 11, 2015 1:10 PM


            LAS VEGAS – The Southern Nevada Health District has identified two additional cases of measles in a young child and an adult in Southern Nevada. Currently, there have been four confirmed cases of measles in Clark County in 2015. These are the first confirmed cases in Clark County since 2011.

            The most recent case is in a young child whose case was confirmed by appropriate testing on Wednesday, February 11. This case appears to be unrelated to the third case or previously reported cases. The child had previously received a single dose of the vaccine.

            The other individual is an under-immunized adult whose case was confirmed by appropriate testing on Tuesday, February 10. The individual is employed at Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino. Because measles can be highly infectious, the Health District is advising people who dined at the restaurant after 4 p.m. between Wednesday, February 4 and Saturday, February 7 to review their immunization status and contact their health care providers if they are not fully immunized against measles and have not already had the disease. In addition, they should contact their health care providers if they develop rash with fever or other symptoms consistent with measles within 21 days after their visit to the restaurant. It is recommended that anyone with symptoms contact a health care provider’s office before entering a health care facility to allow the facility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure the illness is not spread.

            The individual identified with measles also attended the Las Vegas Pet Expo at Cashman Center between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Saturday February 7, and the Health District is advising the same precautions for anyone who attended this event...


            Comment


            • #7
              Source: http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...Cr5xop1Vw.cspx

              Clark County reports fifth measles case
              Updated: 3:32 pm

              LAS VEGAS (KSNV mynews3.com) -- An infant has become the fifth confirmed measles case in Clark County this winter.

              "It is actually an older case and is the source case for the worker at the fish house who had a confirmed case," Jennifer Sizemore, the public information manager for the Southern Nevada Health District, told News 3. "The reporting often takes some time so this case is a few weeks old."..

              Comment


              • #8
                Source: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...-cases-measles

                Posted February 27, 2015 - 10:09amUpdated February 27, 2015 - 10:18am
                Clark County has 3 new cases of measles
                By CASSANDRA TALOMA
                LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

                Three additional cases of measles were announced Friday in connection with a staff member at an MGM Grand restaurant.

                According to a Southern Nevada Health District news release, the new cases involve two staff members and a patron, all under 55, who are believed to have received the virus in early February from an under-immunized worker at Emeril?s New Orleans Fish House in the Strip resort.

                One of the staff members was ?potentially contagious? while working restaurant shifts that began at 4 p.m. from Feb. 18 to Feb. 21, according to the news release.

                The health district reported that one of the people with a new case of measles visited a Walgreens at 2389 E. Windmill Lane, near Eastern Avenue, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday. The person also was at a Chili?s restaurant at 7530 Las Vegas Blvd. South, near Robindale Road, between 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday...

                Comment


                • #9
                  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
                  February 27, 2015
                  Health District confirms 3 additional measles cases

                  LAS VEGAS –The Southern Nevada Health District has identified three additional cases of measles. The cases, in adults under the age of 55, are considered to be the result of transmission from an under-immunized staff member at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino earlier in February. The new cases are two staff members and a patron.

                  One of the staffers was potentially contagious while working shifts beginning at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 18, Thursday, Feb. 19, Friday, Feb. 20, and Saturday, Feb. 21. One of the newly identified cases also visited a Walgreens clinic/drugstore at 2389 E. Windmill Lane, Las Vegas between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 22, and a Chili's Grill & Bar, 7530 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas between 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 22. The Health District is advising anyone who was at these locations during these times to review their immunization status against measles if they have not already had the disease. In addition, they should contact their health care provider if they develop rash with fever or other symptoms consistent with measles within 21 days after their visit. It is recommended that anyone with symptoms contact a health care provider's office before entering a health care facility to allow the staff to make appropriate arrangements to ensure the illness is not spread.

                  The new cases bring to nine the number of confirmed measles cases in Clark County in 2015; these are the first confirmed cases in Southern Nevada since 2011. Previously, the health district has confirmed measles in an infant too young to have received the immunization and who is believed to be the source case for the initial Emeril's Fish House staff member; a young child who received a single dose of vaccine; a fully immunized adolescent; an unvaccinated adult; and an adult whose immunization status is not known.

                  Measles is a highly contagious illness and is circulating in the community. The Health District encourages everyone to review his/her immunization status and get vaccinated if necessary. Measles can be spread among susceptible people and can result in serious infections resulting in pneumonia, encephalitis, seizures, and death. Most residents are protected against the disease because the majority of people born before 1957 had the disease in childhood and younger people are routinely vaccinated against it.

                  Updated information about the Southern Nevada Health District can be found on

                  Facebookwww.facebook.com/SouthernNevadaHealthDistrict, on YouTube:www.youtube.com/SNHealthDistrict or Twitter: www.twitter.com/SNHDinfo. The health district is now available in Spanish on Twitter www.twitter.com/TuSNHD. Don't have a Twitter account? Follow the health district on your phone by texting “follow SNHDinfo” to 40404.

                  https://southernnevadahealthdistrict...27-measles.php

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X