Source: http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=...rticleID=70226
Turkey launches investigation into measles cases
Akdağ said he once noted, “Measles has been eliminated in Turkey, but we fear its spread from Europe.”
World Bulletin / News Desk
Health Minister Recep Akdağ announced that his ministry has launched an investigation into measles cases that are have recently emerged in İstanbul, while denying the outbreak of an epidemic in the country.
Responding to questions from reporters about whether Turkey faces a measles epidemic because 24 people have contracted the illness in İstanbul, Akdağ said the ministry is investigating the cases and will take the necessary measures to prevent an epidemic.
"There is currently no measles epidemic in Turkey, but we need to take the necessary measures to prevent a possible epidemic," he said...
****************
Source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...bul-2011-02-23
New measles outbreak poses Istanbul health threat
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
ISTANBUL - Daily News with Radikal
A previously unseen type of measles is spreading in Istanbul, where 24 cases have been reported since the start of the year, the Istanbul Provincial Health Directorate has announced in a warning issued to the public.
According to the directorate, the “foreign-origin virus [was] unseen in Turkey” and thus has been able to spread very rapidly.
In response to the new threat, the Health Ministry has announced that it may vaccinate people born between 1975 and 1990 if they request inoculation...
Turkey launches investigation into measles cases
Akdağ said he once noted, “Measles has been eliminated in Turkey, but we fear its spread from Europe.”
World Bulletin / News Desk
Health Minister Recep Akdağ announced that his ministry has launched an investigation into measles cases that are have recently emerged in İstanbul, while denying the outbreak of an epidemic in the country.
Responding to questions from reporters about whether Turkey faces a measles epidemic because 24 people have contracted the illness in İstanbul, Akdağ said the ministry is investigating the cases and will take the necessary measures to prevent an epidemic.
"There is currently no measles epidemic in Turkey, but we need to take the necessary measures to prevent a possible epidemic," he said...
****************
Source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...bul-2011-02-23
New measles outbreak poses Istanbul health threat
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
ISTANBUL - Daily News with Radikal
A previously unseen type of measles is spreading in Istanbul, where 24 cases have been reported since the start of the year, the Istanbul Provincial Health Directorate has announced in a warning issued to the public.
According to the directorate, the “foreign-origin virus [was] unseen in Turkey” and thus has been able to spread very rapidly.
In response to the new threat, the Health Ministry has announced that it may vaccinate people born between 1975 and 1990 if they request inoculation...