Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hong Kong appears first six involving "a flow" of deaths add 229 confirmed cases

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hong Kong appears first six involving "a flow" of deaths add 229 confirmed cases

    At 21:25 on August 31, 2009 China Window

    Window】 【China News Hong Kong North District Hospital on the 31st, said the hospital a 65-year-old man was infected with influenza A H1N1 influenza patients, whose condition continues to deteriorate, at at 16:48 on the 31st was certified dead.

    The hospital said the patient had received during the "Tamiflu", "Relenza", and "antibiotic" treatment.

    The hospital said that the deceased August 24 this year, back to Hong Kong from the Mainland because of shortness of breath, fever and cough, then went to North District Hospital accident and emergency department later was admitted to isolation ward. The patient in the past have asthma, pneumonia and heart disease record. August 25, patients diagnosed with infection, "A Flow." On the same day the situation worsened, was rushed to intensive care unit. Patients then had been in critical condition, need to use breathing apparatus to assist breathing.

    Up to now, Hong Kong has emerged sixth involving "a flow" deaths.

    Hong Kong's health authorities announced on the 31st, the Hong Kong added 229 cases of influenza A H1N1 influenza, bringing the total number of people confirmed to 11807.

    http://www.hkcd.com.hk/content/2009-...nt_2380851.htm
    CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

    treyfish2004@yahoo.com

  • #2
    Re: Hong Kong appears first six involving "a flow" of deaths add 229 confirmed cases

    Source: http://www.news.gov.hk/en/category/h...321fefca99.htm

    Man with swine flu dies
    *
    Department of Health

    A 65-year-old man infected with human swine flu died in North District Hospital today.



    The patient had history of asthma, pneumonia and heart disease. He returned from the Mainland and went to the hospital's accident and emergency department on August 24 due to shortness of breath, fever and a cough. He tested positive to human swine flu the following day.



    His condition deteriorated and he was transferred to the intensive care unit. He required ventilation support and was given Tamiflu, Relenza and antibiotics.



    As at 2.30pm today there were 229 newly confirmed human swine flu cases involving 130 men and 99 women, aged six months to 84 years, bringing the tally to 11,807. The cases include 14 public hospital staff. So far there have been 368 Hospital Authority staff confirmed with human swine flu.



    Meanwhile, the Centre for Health Protection is investigating human swine flu outbreaks at a Sha Tin secondary school and a Tseung Kwan O primary school, affecting 70 students aged six to 17. Four tested positive to human swine influenza. All affected students did not require hospitalisation.



    A primary school will suspend classes and a secondary school will postpone the start of the academic year for form one classes for a week due to outbreaks of influenza-like illness.



    Twenty-nine boys and 36 girls from Hong Kong International School (upper and lower primary) in Southern District, aged four to 10, have developed symptoms since August 19. Four students were confirmed to have human swine influenza. One has been admitted to hospital. All affected students are stable.



    Twenty-one boys of Ying Wa College in Sham Shui Po, aged 11 to 13, have developed symptoms since August 23. All affected secondary students have sought medical attention and no hospitalisation was required.

    Comment

    Working...
    X